“Quality diner at Ikan Bakar Cianjur...”
Review of Ikan Bakar Cianjur

Ikan Bakar Cianjur
Ranked #24 of 687 Restaurants in Semarang
Cuisines: Indonesian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed June 3, 2013

A good friend of mine invited both of me and my family to have diner this past weekend. Since we brought along a baby, we decided to visit Ikan Bakar Cianjur in Semarang Atas this time. I myself have been a regular client since the restaurant established their 2nd restaurant more than 16 years ago in Surabaya and continue this pattern when I moved to Semarang few years back.

What I really liked the most about this restaurant was their consistency in providing quality meals. I had tried their food for more than 16 years by now in different branches (Surabaya, Jakarta, Semarang, Yogyakarta, Cipanas and Bali) and believe me or not, I never had any single complaint on their food quality. I believe they have not only good food but also good management as well.

As usual, I always ordered the same food : Nila pesmol (one of their signature dishes), tumis kangkung, tahu goreng and since we were having diner with another friend, we were ordering few more dishes this time, namely tahu tek, nasi goreng jawa and karedok which were all tasty.

Personally, I would definitely recommend this restaurant to everyone who wants to taste (good quality) local food at good prices.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Located in 'Old Town' area in Semarang, this restaurant is succeeded to preserve the atmosphere of the old time colonial era. The owner of the restaurant keeps some 'artifacts' in all rooms which will remind the visitors about the colonial era.
For me, the special menu here is 'Ikan mas pesmol', a carp fish with 'yellow' sauce... hmmm very very yummy !! You must try this one out ! This restaurant is very recommended for a family dinning.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Well this's the first time i visit IBC (Ikan Bakar Cianjur) at Semarang.
First of all, the restaurant located at 3rd floor and my first impression was they have very nice atmosphere and the restaurant AC not very cool i though.

Well, i very like their Ikan Gurami Goreng, and karedok (bit spicy though).
unfortunately Nasi liwet was out of stock, so i change it to rice (Nasi putih).

I very recommend this restaurant who will have lunch or dinner with their family or friends.
it's about Rp40000 - Rp50000 per person.

Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I like karedok here very much. The atmosphere is good but I like atmosphere Ikan Bakar Cianjur in Kota Lama more than on Teuku Umar.

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Interior is good, antique and ecstatic, Dutch building. Favorite menu: Nasi liwet, served in kestrel, like rantang = container for food, made of aluminum. Gurame pesmol: gurame fish, fried and served with pesmol sauce = sweet and sour and a bit hot and spicy with soup. must try this. Also, tumis pucuk labu is good.

Service: good. Waiting time: fair, about 10 minutes.

Please reserve the table at weekend or at dining time.