Lowest prices for your stay
eDreams
Agoda.com
$27
View deal
Priceline
Booking.com$28
Trip.com
All reviews lawang sewu connecting door upon check walking distance big room bellboy mall
Selected filters
Reviewed January 2, 2012

well, the hotel looks exactly like the pictures, the bed was comfortable, the bathroom was clean with hot & cold water working.. but the room reeks of cigarette.. got there at 11 pm and when we entered the room i immediately left the door open widely and turn on the air conditioner fan full speed to get the smell out.. when we complains, they spray some room freshener (orange fragrance) which didnt help at all.. they should buy the odor removing ones.. the family across our room was also compalining about the room smell, they booked through agoda and select non smoking room.. they asked for some aromatheraphy to remove the odor and we were given one too. it didnt help.. and the hotel employee just said " this is a bussiness hotel, we only have 1 floor of non smoking rooms".. couldnt wait to get out of the hotel the next morning.. breakfast has limited choice.. they should put it in their description that its NOT FAMILY HOTEL... so stay there if u smoke or enjoy the smell of cigarette smoke.. but for me, it was my first and last time i ever stay at dafam hotel.. thank godness we only stayed there for 1 night..

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
5  Thank cathie78
Reviewed December 29, 2011

It was an exceptionally pleasant experiences staying at Dafam-Semarang during my 3 weeks Nov'11 business trip. Most staff were young, well trained, very friendly & helpful. Understanding that long staying guest might be bored with standard breakfast, they went to great extend to provide personal choices for breakfast. Laundry & shoe shine services were superb. Knowing my thirsty habits, housekeeping took the initiative to installed drinking dispenser in my room. Though its a new 3.5 Stars hotel, the personal touch experiences definitely exceed most 5 stars hotels I stayed before. I would strongly recommend anyone visiting Semarang to check this out. Thank u so much for the wonderful experiences. Best Rdgs, Jason Lee (S'porean).

Room tip: lower floors will be better, as the lift can be very slow during peak hrs.
Reviewed December 16, 2011

Even stayed just one night at Dafam, me and my wife so impressed with this hotel. Rates is good, staffs are very helpful from the door to the restaurant, and the room is clean. Room size is average with good amenities. We stayed with 9 months baby, every time we need to reheat baby's food restaurant staffs help us. Dafam just have one minor disadvantages, location not too close to Simpang Lima, landmark of Semarang.

Date of stay: September 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Stayed here as I was working in the city. Very friendly staff... my room was 507. Nice and quiet. Bed very comfortable and had great sleep in it ( jet lag notwithstanding). The blues bar in the lobby was great for relaxing in ,bar food very reasonably priced and tasty. Music superb. I loved this hotel. Breakfast was fine as I was not fussed about sausages with my fried eggs and toast... I ate local food in the evening but could not face noodles and rice for breakfast! All in all a credit to the Dafam group, and if I am here again will definitely stay here again. I walked round the corner to the Carrefour and stocked up with some gifts and even ate there one evening.... not expensive at £3 for dinner!! But do be careful walking at night, some manhole covers are missing on the pavements!

Room tip: choose one that is not facing the road
Reviewed November 11, 2011

Lovely Hotel, clean, quiet, and very comfortable. Really friendly staff who don't seem to be able to do enough for you. Food at the bar very good, breakfast fine. Music most nights in the bar, Friday blues particularly good! Stayed for business, and thought it was great. Seemed very Indonesian yet good international standard, without having that formulaic feel. Made a fuss of me on my birthday too, so all good!