“highly not recommended. better find another hotel.”

Quest Hotel Semarang
Ranked #11 of 68 Hotels in Semarang
Reviewed October 31, 2013

I slept for 3 nights at this hotel, from 29 oct - 1 nov 2013 in room 519. Beware with this hotel. Although managed by Aston, this hotel cannot provide good services and facilities to the customer. At the 3rd day of my stay, the hotel cannot provide clean water to all rooms. Their water system was fail and I was showered by dirty dark water when took a bath. Water from the shower, wash bin even toilet flusher were dark and dirty. I complained to the staffs and their manager on duty, but they cannot give any solution because their water system was broken. Until late nite the water still dirty and cannot be used. In the next morning the water was little bit cleaner but no hot water. I was be aggrieved with this hotel, their dirty water made my eyes red and my skin itch. The hotel does not give me any valuable compentation. The hotel management was fail to provide good services. So better we find another hotel. There are many better hotel in Semarang with same price.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank AlexSantosa

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I stayed two times in this hotel on 2012 and 2013. The value for money is fine, because the price is affordable for a nice hotel. The rooms are comfortable and quiet with spacious bathroom, swimming pool is available, and there are local restaurant nearby about 15 minutes walk (especially to Jalan Depok). You can even walk to the Chinatown in Semarang, where you can find local delicacies and find cheap stuff if you bargain.

Unfortunately, you must use private transport or call a taxi to reach the hotel because the hotel is situated around the residential area, far from public transport. For me it's not a problem because I bring own transport to Semarang. The rest are okay.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool have nicer view
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We had a nice stay at this hotel. The rooms are clean. No wardrobe, only a small space to hang your clothes. The room is a bit small, we had to put our suitcases on the floor. But no real problem here, just some discomfort. The breakfast was very good, enough to choose from. If you need a taxi, just ask the reception and they will call one for you.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Sylvia_05501
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Stayed here during my husband's birthday in June and booked under my husband's name. I call the operator and request matches (for the birthday cake's candle) and request cotton bud and shower cap as well. Few moments later the Housekeeping staff deliver the cotton bud and shower cap, but no matches. I keep waiting for the matches but no one come.

I call the operator back and she informed me that it is a non smoking room, no smoking is allowed so they did not deliver the matches. i explain to her that both me and my husband indeed not a smoker thats why we order a NON Smoking room but i just need this matches to light the candles for my husband's birthday cake. The operator insist that she can not fulfill my request. My question is, cant the staff check the birthday of their guest staying inside by checking the ID card used during check in? I understand that it is a non smoking room, but cant you give an initiative or other solution by sending your staff to help me to light up the candle and bring back the matches so that you can be assured that we are not using it to light a ciggarettes? NO birthday greeting from hotel side as what other hotels usually did (even just a simple card it really makes us happy and feel home), and now they ruin my husband birthday celebration.

This is the first year he spent his birthday without lighted candle and how awesome it is to know that the hotel is the one who caused this. Thank you for making our birthday celebration in your room terrible. Your staff even supposed to call us back to inform us if the matches can not be delivered and we keep waiting and waiting and finally we are the one who need to call the operator back to ask about it. Worst thing is your staff even didn't apologize. She just simply tell us: this room is a non smoking room so we can not deliver the matches to your room - without any SORRY. I'm really fed up with the staff and service but too lazy to argue with the staff. We waited for such a time and yet you did not show up and that is all you can say to us?

The other thing is, the stainless list beside our bed are no longer installed properly (unfortunately i forgot our room number). I'm wondering whether it is an out of order room given to us or it's just their standard to sell every room even if there is defects who need to be fixed.

After all of the bad experience, I will not recommend or stay in this hotel again. Enough.

Room Tip: Make sure you choose A SMOKING ROOM even if you are NOT a smoker if you want to celebrate your birth...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2013

I like the view from the balcony. Stayed on the 5th floor. Forgot the room number, but it was near the elevator. Good ambiance room. The bed was comfy. Toilet was clean. Room was properly cleaned too. The bedroom space is okay. I also like the buffet breakfast served, particularly the pastries.
Near the Tay Kay Sie at Gang Lombok, Old Town (Kota Tua), Bleduk Church, and Toko Oen Restaurant. I visited these places during my first night in Semarang, thanks to a local trishaw uncle who kindly took me for the short-3-hours-tour from 6pm-9pm.
Almost forgotten, I got free 15minute massage as a welcoming gift from the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 16, 2013

We stayed here in two occasions in September 2013, two different rooms. Both were very clean. Rooms have enough space and a nice bathroom with glass wall. View from one room was a blind wall, but the other had a great view over the city. Note that the balcony is not accessible unless you go to the check-in desk and sign a waiver.

Sevice is good, pool is ok, staff is very helpful. Breakfast is great with lots of choice in Indonesian and European style, so make sure this is included. Very good juices available at the bar. Dinner is ok, but a little pricy.

Best thing is that all this comes for a more than reasonable price per room. Best stay in Indonesia so far.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We stayed there in February 2013 and stayed for 2 nights. The room rate is suitable to our budget and the location is nearby gang Lombok, the famous road for Lumpia Semarang. They have an airport transfer for free from the airport to the hotel, unfortunately we just know it when we arrived at the hotel. It may not in the main road but just walking 300 metres ahead you could find angkot or simply by taking becak.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends