“Poor nights sleep at this hotel”

Quest Hotel Semarang
Ranked #11 of 68 Hotels in Semarang
Reviewed November 16, 2011

Well, I had to leave the Dafam Hotel in Semarang due to a block booking and was booked into the Quest. On first sight it looked great... and opposite a Karioke bar! It was modern looking and the dinner was good. Breakfast was not as good as the Dafam. Rooms were smaller than the Dafam but clean and comfortable. The downside was the gentleman who insisted on calling his brothers to prayer at 03.30 in the morning! His voice permeated the double glazed windows and I could not sleep.... mine was at the front of the hotel , so make sure you are at the back ( if this does make a difference of course). I was only there for 2 nights so did not sample all the hotel had to offer. Disapointing as it showed promise.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for the best position away from the noise
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank candymanPeterborough

Reviewed September 4, 2011

much much better than his sister hotel: favehotel mex building surabaya. quest's staffs are more friendly, my room key had programmed for 2 days in advance so i did not need to came to front office to extend my room like my bad experience before in favehotel surabaya.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank AlexSantosa
Reviewed August 25, 2011

It is a Budget Hotel variant with good value for money.

Though oddly located, but if you like to explore lanes and bylanes of a city, this could be interesting. Take a short walk out of the hotel to the right and you will explore 4 Chinese Temples one after another .

The view from the room is not exciting, but that is how city hotels are.

Breakfast is sumptuous and with good assortment.

Staff is very nice , attentive and caring.

Overall nice and if the hotel starts a shuttle service for Simpang Lima every one hour, it would perhaps get a larger crowd as most other wish to stay connected to the city centre and therefore choose hotel nearby.

First hotel, which has shown sensible promotion of its laundry and considered Laundry service as a profit centre.

Room Tip: Executive rooms with bath tub are of no use. Avoid and take a standard room.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank seawaves
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Close to places of interest. Within walking distance to Semawis- weekend culinary market. Clean and good service. It'd be better if they could provide morning paper to every room (they provide them at the lobby though).

• Stayed: August 2011
4  Thank augin2
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for business purpose. I am very satisfied about this hotel. Especially the room. It has modern touch in it, and it is very clean and neat. The pool is small, but it is quite comfortable. I love the wifi access and the modern touch of this hotel. But, I don't like the location. Anyway, I recommend this hotel. It has 4 stars service, but 2 stars price ;)
I will definitely stay here again if I am in Semarang.

• Stayed: August 2011
4  Thank PrinceDoddi
Reviewed July 21, 2011

Affordable, pretty, modern bedroom, clean & comfortable! Swimming pool is small but I don't mind. Great breakfast...many choices!
I enjoyed staying in this hotel. :)

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank SiBontot
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Two words for Quest Hotel, pretty and affordable. And I'm so so sorry for myself that I had never picked this hotel while I was in Semarang before. It's not huge or extraordinary luxurious, but it's amazingly clean and fresh. They have many many glass walls and roofs to make it look brighter. The hotel is located at Plampitan Street, near to Semarang's Chinese Town, Johar traditional market, and surrounded by plenty of shops. It takes 5 minutes drive to Simpang Lima.

At my very first stay, I got a nice spacious smart room with balcony. It has flat tv, telephone, safety deposit box, and minibar. Bathroom is beautiful and clean with good supplies and glass wall facing to the bedroom (don't worry, they put a curtain on it) :). Room service menus are tasty enough, and the prices are reasonable. My husband loved the Soto.

Breakfast is provided from 5 to 10. They provide varied breakfast menu, from Western to Indonesian. For pasta lovers, they usually provide tasty pasta beside egg corner. If you like vegetables, make sure you try their veggie juice. It's super healthy (but yuck...I don't like veggie juice).

Service form the hotel staffs should be no problem because they are all friendly. Parking lot is no problem too. One problem for me was the lift. We have to use our room key to use the lift. It brought me trouble once when my husband and I had to go to separate place and went back to hotel in different time. The hotel only gave us one key so I couldn't use the lift to access my room that I had to ask for help. That's not very practical in my opinion.

Overall, everything is very close to perfect. Now Quest Hotel is my first choice while I'm in Semarang.

Room Tip: 2nd floor is best
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business