“Above average”

Gumaya Tower Hotel Semarang
Ranked #4 of 71 Hotels in Semarang
Reviewed March 15, 2014

This hotel continues to be my go-to hotel whenever I visit Semarang for business. The service is prompt; the room is clean & spacious; and the hotel has a nice venue up in the top floor for a quiet dinner with option for an outdoor scenery. There has been so many hotels establishment in Semarang over the past 5 years and I've tried many of them. In my humble opinion, Gumaya serves as the best for my purpose and I would think this hotel is also fits very well for leisure purposes.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business
GumayaTowerHotel, Public Relations Manager at Gumaya Tower Hotel Semarang, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great feedback regarding our hotel services. And we would like to said thank you for choosing Gumaya Tower Hotel for your stay. We are pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and all facilities our hotel .We look forward to welcoming you back to Gumaya Tower Hotel.

Should you have any additional feedback or questions, please do not hesitate to email us at pr@gumayatowerhotel.com or call us at +6224 3551999. Again, thank you for your reviews and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed February 27, 2014

Stayed here for the second time and still for me this hotel is the best in Semarang. Luxurious yet spacious room with modern furnishing and great services from the staff. Good beverage and also facilities provided from this hotel. Its location also located near the infamous Simpang Lima and Pemuda street giving you an ease access to downtown the only minus is traffic jam right in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
GumayaTowerHotel, Public Relations Manager at Gumaya Tower Hotel Semarang, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

I was debating after 3 nights stay if this is a 3 or 4 stars from me. Having read someone else saying how quick the service was then I decided to give 4 stars as this is correct. Its an ok/nice stay for a few nights but more. It's let down by little things too numerous to mention, but I'll give a three to hopefully help...Why have a large bath if you can only supply 'warm' water and no more? If you insist on pouring coffee for guests then don't lean over the table at the furthest point from the guest and spill it, walk around and make it easier for yourself. If you supply an iron and ironing board to a guest, make sure there are no bare wires showing on the iron. See... Small things but they annoy me and mean I'm likely to try elsewhere next time

Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
GumayaTowerHotel, Public Relations Manager at Gumaya Tower Hotel Semarang, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback regarding our hotel services. And we would like to said thank you for choosing Gumaya Tower Hotel for your stay.

Please accept my sincerest apologize for the inconvenience happened during your stay at Gumaya Tower Hotel Semarang. I have well noted your concern and will take this matter seriously since our Guests’ satisfaction is on top of our priority. We are still working on the best way to resolve the problem so that it will not happen again in the future.

I hope this will not deter you to stay with us again in the future and I look forward for the opportunity to welcome you back at Gumaya Tower Hotel Semarang during your next visit to Semarang.

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

My favorite ! I will stay here everytime I visit semarang ... Fast service, great hospitality , tasty food are the best ... I stayed here 3nights last year .
Located a bit far from Simpang lima area but there were not a big problem because U can take taxi or walks nearby then u could find good food . Pr u also can eat at their restaurant , the have excellent menu .
This recommended for short stay or long terms stay ;) Unbeatable experience

• Stayed: August 2013
GumayaTowerHotel, Public Relations Manager at Gumaya Tower Hotel Semarang, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Reviewed February 11, 2014

i had one night stay for business trip at Kudus, and stay to this hotel... great location, near to Simpang Lima, nice staffs and great hospitality and very helpful. Great food on dining buffet, lots of food variations and nice lay-out interior at Cascade Restaurant.. had a smoking area lounge at Chatter lounge. The room is nice and i had quality sleep. I will back here brings my family for enjoy Semarang on holiday. Luxury and friendly hotel. Great Experience.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
GumayaTowerHotel, Public Relations Manager at Gumaya Tower Hotel Semarang, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2014

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

For a city like Semarang. This hotel is huge.. nice and clean.
located in the main road so we can reach out from anywhere. It's also near to the old city of Semarang.
I like the hotel... though the minus point is about the swimming pool. Haha. It's just to simple and small. This kind of hotel should have had a bigger and more awesome pool.
but so far so good

• Stayed: December 2013
GumayaTowerHotel, Public Relations Manager at Gumaya Tower Hotel Semarang, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Reviewed January 5, 2014

The hotel was a good find while staying in Semarang. It provides good value and more.

Me and my wife stayed there just prior to new year's vacation and it was very nice.

Pluses:
- Staffs tried the best that they could to help any time we want assistance
- Good food from room service
- Breakfast smaller area for the executive floor was limited, but quite nice

Minuses:
- No valet parking
- We had to ask for new sheet as the sheet was there had spot which we didn't like - it's not dirty, just we want things to be pristine
- Sometimes service was slow, such as room service or bellhop for checking out

Room Tip: We tried the executive (16th floor). Very nice.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple