This is my second stay in this hotel. This time I was staying for one night only for a wedding. In overall, I think this is a very nice hotel to stay in Semarang, the capital city of Central Java province. It has good facilities, decent buffet breakfast and good service from most of its staff.
I don't really know much about Semarang, but what I can say is the location is good. From my experience, it was less than 15 minutes by taxi to reach the charming old town of Semarang, less than 10 minutes to Simpang Lima (the city centre) and less than 30 minutes to reach the Candi highland to have a nice view of the city. So not too bad, isn't it?
- Room is spacious and clean with big window to let natural light go through. The mattress is comfortable, with clean sheets and pillows.
- Clean bathroom with decent amenities & clean white towels; it has bath tub & standing shower. Water taps, shower and temperatures switch worked well.
- Electric kettle, minbar, fridge, study desk and complimentary high-speed internet access, but not wi-fi.
- It has swimming pool and a very good gym, but could be crowded in the evening as it also used by non-hotel-guest members.
- Staff are mostly very friendly and helpful. The hotel also put some security measures (e.g. vehicle security check and security scan on bags/backpack) so yeah, you feel safe inside, although Semarang is relatively much safer than Jakarta, for example. :-)
- If you need transportation, there are Blue Bird taxis standby near the hotel most of the time; or you can ask the concierge/security to get taxi for you. Easy!
- Breakfast was very good, just beyond my expectation for the price (included in the room price)! It has many variations of local & international choices and taste good.
- The hotel has a very nice spacious and air-conditioned lobby with many couches but too bad they allowed people to smoke in the lobby! What a shame!
- When I was there, there was a musical event held in the hotel that draw lot of people and the hotel parking space was fully occupied by these people's vehicles at that time. It created inconvenience as some hotel guests (who drive their own cars) were angry because they could not park their own cars inside the hotel.
In overall, I recommend this hotel for your stay in Semarang.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warm and welcoming the 259 luxurious rooms and suites at Gumaya Tower Hotel Semarang. With its concept of modern contemporary design and emphasis on grandeur, comfort and spaciousness, Gumaya Tower Hotel is a unique luxury hotel with the added benefit of being situated in center of Central Business District with overlooking the city view, mountain and harbour, making the hotel is one of Semarang's premier destinations. Modern Chinese cuisine serve in Noble Court Restaurant, western food and sparkling wine at Sky Line lounge on 17th floor as the fabulous dining place in town. Also refresh your day with our signature coffee latte, tea, home-made cake and pastries on Chatter Lounge and The Patisserie cake shop.We commited to provide the highest international standards with a wide range of service and facilities to suit the needs of business travellers and a conferences delegates. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Gumaya Tower Hotel Semarang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gumaya Hotel Semarang