“Good hotel with friendly staff”

Hotel Santika Premiere Malang
Ranked #3 of 60 Hotels in Malang
Reviewed July 17, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights for business trip. It was good in general but as the hotel has been established for about 9 years, I think it should paid attention more for maintenance. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful and that becomes the plus. The room was okay, but the room carpet needed to be renewed. The old carpet made it feel like damped. However, the room was always clean. The swimming pool is adequate. I stayed during fasting month of Ramadhan and the hotel provide ample food for sahur (in which I believe the same for regular breakfast). The location is also strategic and near some good places to eat. Some of the corridors along the rooms needed more lights. But in general, it was satisfying and I would like to return to this hotel if I have a chance to return to Malang.

Room Tip: Choose the room with view to the pool. I think it is much better than the room on the back side.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed July 3, 2014

I stayed for 3 nights with my family (wife + 2 young kids). I booked through booking.com and requested rooms with connecting door. I then called to ensure they got my request and the hotel said they did.

Usually what would have happened was that when I checked in, I would be informed that rooms with connecting door is not available. Surprise, surprise! To my delight, the hotel actually remembers! The receptionist was very helpful, we had early check-in and she accommodated that pretty seamlessly.

It turned out that my experience with the receptionist was not a fluke. The whole hotel staff was professional and friendly in demeanor and attitude! Great job in recruiting and training them! They make my staying experience a delightful one! Thanks.

Room Tip: For families, better choose rooms with connecting door rather than a family room. Better privacy for...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Having had bad experiences in the past with Santika hotels, I was skeptical about this one.... But my worries disappeared as soon as I checked in. The service and ambience was actually very inviting! Then I came to my room and found it very appealing as well; as if the management at Santika woke up one day and realised that they have a vast network of hotels in great locations and could actually make a proper business out of it. The breakfast would be my last pleasant surprise, worthy of the "premiere" moniker. All in all, a very nice place to stay, and I'm not surprised it ranked #5 in Malang on TripAdvisor. A great effort from Santika.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank MrPenyiar .
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Nice hotel but found it a bit pricey for the area. Front desk staff was outstanding and very attentive. Pool looks nice but didn't use it due to time constraint. Breakfast was included but did not go due to other programs.
The room was average and all amenities worked without problem.

Need transport to visit most sites and for outside dining.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Had a very nice stay in Malang at the Santika Premiere Hotel, it was booked through my office and once again they got it just right. Ambience of the lobby and reception was very good and the check in was handled quickly by friendly reception, so first impression all good. My room was on the 6th floor and was very comfortable and clean and a little bit bigger than usual , and just like the lobby and other areas it was well presented, this for me is evidence of a well managed hotel and lets me relax. The best part of my stay was breakfast, friendly service and good range of buffet food but the very best was when I was leaving I asked where I could get a cappuccino as they only had filter coffee for breakfast , they directed me to the pool area and then to my surprise the restaurant manager appeared with a cappuccino for me, really exceeded my expectations and set me in a great mood to head of to my day of work in Malang , well done and will recommend this hotel to others for malang

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank David S
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

This hotel have an uniqe style a combination of java and modern touch and as we feel the morning atmosphere this hotel provide us a good quality in services and food, for a business trip in Malang this hotel is highly recomanded

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Santika Premier Malang should be re-name as it does not deserved to be a Premier Hotel. From the service to the rooms - the service was really bad from check-in to check-out. The restaurant serving breakfast needs to have a good exhaust as I came out smelling like a food buffet in my suit. The room - it was a nightmare. Large and sparsely decorated and plain. The carpet was filthy and I had creepie crawlies running across the rooms. The shower spray head was broken and when I asked to change, they say the maintenance staff have gone home and it is only at 9pm.

No duvet but a thin bedsheet was given. TV channels was fuzzy and the noise from my neighbours was loud and clear.

I will never stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business