Stayed there for 1 night for 2 rooms after viewing their rooms on their website. Let me describe it in a simple way:
1. the garden
2. Friendly staff
1. As soon as we entered the rooms, the smell was so strong. At first we could not tell what it was. But then the smell in the 2nd room was unacceptable, smoke! We had to move
2. The locks in both bathroom do not work. Instead of fixing them which may cost more, they just put an additional lock you can find in public restrooms
3. Both bedsheets are DIRTY. You can see that at the first sight. It's obvious that they do NOT change the sheets for a loooong time, because they almost look black! Not only that, both bed sheets have unwashed STAINS in several spots.
4. The same (or even worse) issue with BOTH bed covers. I threw them right away to the floor. Completely disgusting!
5. They put 2 small mineral bottled water in each room. But none of them was sealed.
6. The bathrooms STINK and dirty, too
7. The towels have changed color, too. From white to.. you know
8. All of the pillow cases look black also. Amazing, don't they?? When I looked inside, my pillow was COMPLETELY STAINED with brown color. It's like you tossed it to the mud and they just dried it. Exactly like that! I had to bring it to the room boy and complained to the front office. We paid IDR 450,000/room for this kind of hotel????? They gave me 2 new pillows, but I didn't use them. Luckily we had enough pillows in the car since we're from out of town.
9. For some interestingly unknown reasons, they put 1 single matchstick in each cup in the bed rooms. Did they expect the guest to drink the water with it in the cup?
10. Breakfast was supposed to be a buffet. But the front desk said that if the situation allowed (meaning: enough guests), then yes.. we would have a buffet. Turned out there was not buffet and none of the food/juices/snacks was nice. Not even the simple/standard fried rice!
11. The staff decided to talk and joke so loudly after 11 pm just in front of my room.
We will NEVER come back. No discount whatsoever after such terrible services!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An Executive classic hotel combined with eastern and western atmosphere style it is located in the heart of Malang Town, East java IndonesiaConsist of 57 rooms, superior, deluxe, Executive and Presidental Suite, with LCD TC and Free WIFI.Fully equipped with 3 meeting rooms and The Traditional Spa. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Hotwire so you can book your The Grand Palace Hotel Malang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.