All reviews shopping mall magelang city spacious room nice hotel traditional food strategic location two thumbs check in process only setback standard amenities breakfast menu hotel located panoramic view bubur ayam star hotel front office floor
Reviewed January 16, 2017

My second time staying in this hotel on my way to Merbabu mountain. The first one is quite pleasant, but this one is not. There's terrible smell when I enter the room. I asked receptionist to help me with the smell, somebody coming with air freshener but it doesnt help at all.

The room is spacious with small refrigerator and coffe/tea maker, nothing to complain about.

They have bar on the top floor, but its look like cheap karaoke place with giant screen rather than a proper bar. If they dont know how a proper bar, Im not sure they know how to provide a proper drink.

The most dissapoting thing from this hotel is that I left my iphone charger and it lost in the room. I went to the village in the hill of merbabu mountain directly from the hotel, dont have any stop before that and not using my charger in between, but when I asked the hotel to check, they said its gone. it cost me 60USD. I wish they have more decent staf.

• Stayed: December 2016, traveled on business
ManagementGAHC, General Manager at Grand Artos Hotel & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2017

Dear Mr. Salah Cetak,
Warmest Greetings From Grand Artos Hotel & Convention

We are thank you for your valuable comment regarding our hotel and services. Please receive our apology for the inconvenience caused, it's a bold noted and already taken a serious consideration for us.

With a pleasure and best Regards,

Reviewed January 16, 2017

Had two nights stay here during my office conference. The staff were so nice and full of smile in every occasion. The room was so clean and nice, and also the choices of buffet spread during breakfast was pretty good. The another plus point is the mall just beside the hotel in case you need something during your stay. Overall, recommended.

• Stayed: January 2017, traveled on business

Dear Mr. Rio Tirta,
Warmest Greetings From Grand Artos Hotel & Convention

Thank you for your recommendation.
Your comment will energizing us to keep forward giving the best for Magelang Guest. We hope , we could serve you again in the near future.

With our pleasure,
Best Regards,

Reviewed January 13, 2017 via mobile

I was stayed on January 13, 2017 in room number 650, this is my second time to stay here but the room was not as expected.. I was ordered something and I have to wait for more than 4 hours for nothing..!!

Stayed: January 2017, traveled on business
ManagementGAHC, General Manager at Grand Artos Hotel & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2017

Dear Mr. Doddy,

Warmest Greetings From Grand Artos Hotel & Convention
Deeply sorry and Apologized for your inconvenience during your stay.
Guest comment were already passed to the staff and conduct refreshment training for respected area.We thank you for spending time on your valuable time.

With our pleasure,
Best Regards,

Reviewed December 20, 2016

Stayed one night with nice experience. Spacious room. Amenities were only provided for one person, instead of two. Probably housekeeping can be more careful in preparing the room. A shopping mall with almost anything is just next door. It has cafes and restaurants with various shops.

Stayed: October 2016
ManagementGAHC, Manajer Umum at Grand Artos Hotel & Convention, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2017

Dear Mr. Sugeng S,

Warmest Greeting From Grand Artos Hotel & Convention,

Thank you for taking time for sharing your experience during your stay at Grand Artos Hotel. We were most concerned to receive your comment and follow up it seriously to provide excellent services and facilities.

We wish that we still have chance to welcoming you back and give you our best services.

Salam Artos,

Reviewed December 20, 2016

Pros :
Magelang is small city, so from this hotel you can go anywhere in Magelang within minutes
Relatively new properties, clean and well maintained
Plenty selection for breakfast, there's traditional food selection that change their menu everyday, taste is good
The hotel staff service are excellent !!!
Room is big and comfortable, I stay is twin bed room and the size of each bed is good (120 cm)
The hotel located in a shopping mall, so there's no problem if you need anything
Basically, I would say this hotel give you more than you pay for...

Cons :
Relatively small pool. and located in very windy area, they should provide more cover

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, avoid room near the lounge on the highest floor, the sound might disturb you
  • Stayed: December 2016, traveled with family

Dear Mr. Raditya,

Warmest Greeting From Grand Artos Hotel

We are so proud for the 5 star you gave to rate us and it's a pleasure for us knowing that you enjoyed all of our services and facilities.

We apreciate you taking the time to share your feedback and we look forward to bringing you a great experience during all your future stay with us.

Best Regards & Salam Artos,