I stayed at MesaStila for a week and I must say what a great decision! I feel renewed and refreshed; my feelings about the people and culture here is hard to write in words. The kindness and pure-hearted sweetness of the staff here was something I've never experienced before; although I've glimpsed it in other Asian countries. Here, there was a purity and simplicity which is hard to find these days.
The hotel location is enchanting...built on a coffee plantation, far removed from the cities. This is a unique opportunity to stay on a fully-operational coffee plantation with nearby mountain peaks and volcanoes and temples. So many amazing outdoor things to do. Also, the nearby Magelang has a fascinating cultural heritage and history, with the Dutch occupation. You can even visit the Magelang art museum and see many treasures. Though, to be honest, you never need to leave the grounds of MesaStila. With so many wellness and cultural activities offered free for guests.
All rooms are private Colonial-style traditional villas which have been moved from the Java surrounds. Many antiques and superb finishes, will fascinate and make it feel like you're a Javanese prince (or princess). What a feeling!
The heritage and wellness cuisine is wonderful. Most of the food is cultivated from the garden or comes fresh from the local village. The mushroom garden is amazing. They even have horses and a goat. Cheese comes fresh from the local village (surprisingly high quality).
Every breakfast, you get "Jamu" - traditional indonesian herbal medicine. Very effective and authentic! Freshly brewed tumeric, ginger, cardamon, etc.
Traditional cultural activities are offered daily like batik and janur-making, dance and traditional music....all from the local villages. You even get the traditional martial arts offered to guests!
Other activities include daily Yoga and Qi Gong (they have a Visiting Master Healer named David), power-walking, jungle gym training, biking, aqua fit in the swimming pool, core fitness. Master Trainer Yudi and Augus are great!
Then the spa and "hammam" - an essential place to relax. This is the only hammam in Asia I'm told, and a truly extraordinary experience. The spa therapists are world class, and the spa has received many international awards.
The organised trips include Borobudur and Pranbanan temples (pay extra) - also volcano trekking, mountain climbing, cycle tours and a multitude of options.
I will always remember my time at MesaStila. A wonderful retreat, and a royal treat to stay here! Thank you to all for the great service and hospitality!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MesaStila is a luxury five star resort & spa that incorporates an unparalleled collection of remarkable antiques and enchanting buildings; including Central Java icons such as a Colonial railway station and historic Joglo-villas. The property has twenty-three unique villas set within an area of twenty-two hectares of outstanding natural beauty; surrounded by cooling highland-air, eight mountains, tropical gardens and lush vegetation. Built within a charming coffee plantation, MesaStila offers distinctly Javanese experiences both cultural and fitness activities. The true magnificence of MesaStila is in its spectacular setting and its Hammam Turkish Spa. At MesaStila the focus is on luxury yet keeping the traditional, local and wholesome experiences intact, which accentuate the magnificence of the environment, the people, the culture and facilitate a healthy lifestyle- full of wonderful experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your MesaStila Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Losari Spa Retreat & Coffee Plantation Hotel Magelang
- Losari Spa Retreat And Coffee Plantation
- Losari Coffee Plantation Magelang
- Losari Coffee Plantation Hotel
- MesaStila Resort And Spa Magelang, Indonesia - Java