Overall, the property is beautiful, and the staff is fantastic as they do everything they can and more to meet every need and request that you have. However, the hotel website is not consistent with the reality on the ground. The names of the various villas described on the hotel website, on other reservation websites and then in person at the resort vary, so what we thought we booked was not actually the room that we ended up with. Some of the accommodations are rather tired.
It is best to book a room package including meals, as the cost of food is priced at high prices even for US standards, and while of high quality and taste is exorbitant by Indonesian standards.
My husband and I were hoping for a peaceful retreat, as that is the main billing of the hotel. Half of our 3 day stay, however, was invaded by a large group traveling together, who occupied more than half of the resort, and were extraordinarily noisy everywhere they were-whether we were trying to enjoy what should have otherwise been a lovely meal enjoying the local sounds, or their yelling, group singing and general carrying -on at the pool and around the retreat. It really out a damper on our trip, and as there is no place to escape, and we paid handsomely for what should have been a quiet retreat and spa, we would not go back to take the chance that there would not be some other group there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- MesaStila is a luxury five star resort & spa that incorporates an unparalleled collection of remarkable antiques and enchanting buildings; including Central Java icons such as a Colonial railway station and historic Joglo-villas. The property has twenty-three unique villas set within an area of twenty-two hectares of outstanding natural beauty; surrounded by cooling highland-air, eight mountains, tropical gardens and lush vegetation. Built within a charming coffee plantation, MesaStila offers distinctly Javanese experiences both cultural and fitness activities. The true magnificence of MesaStila is in its spectacular setting and its Hammam Turkish Spa. At MesaStila the focus is on luxury yet keeping the traditional, local and wholesome experiences intact, which accentuate the magnificence of the environment, the people, the culture and facilitate a healthy lifestyle- full of wonderful experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travelocity, Agoda and Jetsetter so you can book your MesaStila Resort and Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Losari Spa Retreat & Coffee Plantation Hotel Magelang
- Losari Spa Retreat And Coffee Plantation
- Losari Coffee Plantation Magelang
- Losari Coffee Plantation Hotel
- MesaStila Resort And Spa Magelang, Indonesia - Java