“Nice hotel with medium service”

Swiss-Belhotel Cirebon
Ranked #4 of 39 Hotels in Cirebon
“Nice hotel with medium service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

I stayed 1 night at this hotel and I like staying here regardless the service of the staff. I got a room with a little badsmell and it was done by the staff by putting a refreshner under our bed. It was difficult to dial room service as the line was so busy. The best thing...my family could sleep very well and the breakfast menu is quite good with some varities. I will be back to this hotel for the second time.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
SBI-Cirebon, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Cirebon, responded to this review, July 8, 2014

Greetings from Swiss-belhotel Cirebon,

We are now continuously conducting rooms inspection and cleaning as well as air circulation system clenaing and maintenane as the rooms are mostly new and only recently being use. We are ery sorry to know that our room service was hardly able to be reached as often we are having busy room service order from time to time, however we will ensure that we look into this one for an improvement.

Please do contact me directly should you need any assistant with your future room reservation and Swiss-Belhotel Cirebon to my e-mail address ; gmsbcr@swiss-belhotel.com

Sincerely Yours,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

+ helpful hotel staffs,
+ no issue with online reservation via booking.com and agoda,
+ free delivery service to train station on 5.30 AM,
+ clean room with new furnitures,
+ located just next to Cirebon superblock (new shopping mall),
- accepts my VISA but not my Mastercard,
- empty fridge,
- wrongly designed shower room, water spills to toilet floor all the time,
- serves cold cakes for take away breakfast,

Greetings from Swiss-Belhotel Cirebon,

Thank you very much for your visit with us, we are glad to learned that you have enjoyed staying with us. We are continuously upgrading our services and pleased to informed you that most of the credit card are now accepted and the shower room has been identify and being addressed by our team.

Once again, thank you very much for your review and stays, we are looking forward to welcome you back to our hotel.

Sincerely yours,

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

I early check in may 27th 2014 12pm. After awaiting about 30 min for room preparation, and all my luggage hold on front office. When i will gone to my room i said to front office girl to delivery it to my room. 30 min after, luggage no deliver yet. So i call 3 times until 1hr15 awaiting this luggage still no delivered yet. So, at 1.20pm i came to front office to take my luggage itself.
Why this service worst became. I didnt understand.
Please improve your staff ability and sense.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Amirul M
SBI-Cirebon, General Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Cirebon, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear Reviewer,

Greetings from Swiss-Belhotel Cirebon, Thank you for your recent visit to our hotel and also for your comment in regards to the luggage delivery. I was most concerned to learned of your comment, please accept our apology for the unpleasant experience you encountered during your stay with us.

You may rest assured that the point raised will be addressed with our Department Head concern in the hotel. We are very sorry indeed that you have not received the service we normally pride ourselves of providing it is quite clear that this needs to be rectified immediately.

Once again, thank you for having taken the time to bring this issue to our attention, I hope that this rather isolated incident did not mar your overall opinion of our hotels. We very much value your patronage and hope this will continue until many years to come and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to Swiss-Belhotel Cirebon.

Sincerely yours,
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

We booked four rooms for our stay in Cirebon on late March 2014. We were pleased with the look of the hotel, but we were not satisfied at all with the service, even I can say, we were very disappointed. Instead of writing my story in many paragraphs, I will just make several (many) bullet points.

Before the stay:
- The staff promised to return my call but never done it.
- The email that I sent was not replied until I had to email the main customer service, and suddenly it was replied.

During the stay:
- The hotel forgot to pick us up at the train station, and we had to wait for more than one hour, until we gave up and chartered two cabs.
- The staff promised to return my call regarding the pick up but never done it.
- We tried to call the hotel several times (more than 5 times), but the staff hung up on us harshly.
- My room was not ready until 5.30 PM
- There was no extra pillow
- They forgot about my request to empty the fridge.
- The waiter at the restaurant was not attentive and forgot our request.
- We became the witness on how the staff also hung up harshly on other guests' calls
- They almost forgot our schedule for our departure shuttle due to miscommunication between staffs.
- Very difficult to ask for late checkout (2.30PM) for one of four rooms (and it seemed that they forgot that they didn't let me in until 5.30 PM on the first day)
- The consolation that the manager tried to give was very insulting (15% off IF we have dinner at THEIR restaurant).

After my stay, I sent out a very long email to the customer service, and they gave me better consolation, even though it was incomparable with my bad experience. I even had to follow up since they almost forgot their promise. Due to that, I gave overall two stars, or else, I will just give one.

I am very sorry SBC, I have to give the honest review. I am really-really hoping that SBC can improve their service and train their staff well, because the hotel has the potential to be a prominent hotel in Cirebon.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank Leonyleony
SBI-Cirebon, Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Cirebon, responded to this review, May 5, 2014
Dear Ibu Leony,

Warmest Greetings from Swiss-Belhotel Cirebon!

Thank you for taking the time to write your comment.

As discussed over your personal email, we are truly sorry to hear that we failed delivering the service that you rightfully expect from our hotel.

Please accept our sincere apologies regarding the inconveniences you experienced during your stay at Swiss-Belhotel Cirebon. It goes with out saying that this is not what we strive for and we can assure you that we have taken the necessary actions to avoid recurrence.

Once again, thank you very much for having taken the time to share your feedback about your recent stay with us and hope you will have memorable stay at Swiss-Belhotel Mangga Besar - Jakarta.

Regards,

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2014

I stayed in this hotel for only 1 night.
The hotel is new, the decor is good, minimalist, grey and light grey.
The bed is good, the view is not bad, because Cirebon is only a smaal town.
The water presure was good, the hotel provide standard amenities.

The breakfast is standard, I had dimsum and the taste is not good. The service generally was good, but I was very dispoaintted when I order for more pillow for extrabed, they said that they dont have any spare pillow anymore.

This hotel was opened Nov 2013

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Dear Agung I,

Warmest Greetings from Swiss-Belhotel Cirebon!

We thank you for taking the time to share your excellent experience regarding your recent stay.
We are delighted that you enjoyed our Swiss-Belhotel hospitality, and do apologize that we couldn’t provide extra pillow during your stay.

Once again thank you for reviewing us and we look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel soon.

Regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Located in the middle of the town, easy access to CSB and close to famous culinary Cirebon like Nasi Jamblang Mang Dul etc..
The room quite spacious and equipped with water kettle and hair dryer in every room..
I stayed with my family and booked 2 different room with extra bed, the twin and the double bed room..
All bed are comfy (include the extra bed even its quite small) and all sheet are very clean..
Restaurant for breakfast and pool located at 3rd floor..
The food was delicious with cozy decoration, the pool are well enough for me to play with my son..
Unfortunately the rinse room in pool area are not functioning yet, but the pool staff are quite responsive by offering extra towel so we did not get too wet while walking back to the room..
They also don't have driver room..
And the drainage in the shower and sink at my room somewhat takes longer to work in removing the water..
Despite of it, it's recommended to stay here while you are in Cirebon..

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Muna A, Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Cirebon, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear InkeAmanda,

Warmest Greetings from Swiss-Belhotel Cirebon!

Thank you for your wonderful feedback posted at the TripAdvisor.
We are pleased that we have been a part of your satisfactory stay and we are glad to learn that our strategic location, which is adjacent to CSB Mall and close to famous culinary Cirebon, has benefited you.

We would also like to thank you for your kind compliments on the rooms facilities, food and ambience at our restaurant at 3rd floor.

In regards to your comment about rinse room in Swimming Pool area, unfortunately the project has been scheduled to be finished as this week. We will assure that you will enjoy this facilities on your next stay.

Please do contact me personally if I may assist for your future reservation and I would be delighted to coordinate all details to make your stay memorable.

Tangerang, Indonesia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

I stayed in Swiss-BelHotel on 29 Mar to 31 Mar 2014. I book from booking internet. I choose Twin bed but when I'm check in I got double bed. I call the receptionist and they say. Twin bed room was full and availability of twin bed room.
Time of entry into the room, I saw a twin room bed room available and not occupied while the door is open. WHY the receptionist says full? I was disappointed to see it. Then when it entered the room and turned on the air conditioner.
Why not cool , I immediately called the operator and said that my room was not cold. The technician came and checked, they said it would help for the transfer of the room.
wait about 15 minutes there is no action to move the room, then I call the operator again and said he would make a statement in advance and please wait. I asked how long it took me to wait. Operators say 20 minutes. I am angry and I go down to the lobby to ask the receptionist new room air conditioners work. I am increasingly disappointed with the actions that operators make visitors have to wait long. In front of the reception I keep asking about a twin room that I book over the internet, but I've ordered a month ago. I was very upset.The second thing was pretty disappointed at breakfast, my husband and I had breakfast at the restaurant and looks very full because of the holiday. Meal provided enough variety but not coordinated because eating has not discharged directly supplied again. Things that make me surprised when I eat broccoli salad. Inadvertently found dead maggots were commonly found in broccoli. At that moment I did not intend to continue my breakfast and went back to the room. I would still suggest to my friends on to this but is expected to serve primarily operators satisfying.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Muna A, Manager at Swiss-Belhotel Cirebon, responded to this review, April 3, 2014
Dear Fl0rence113,

Warmest Greetings from Swiss-Belhotel Cirebon!

First of all, We would like to thank you for your time writing a review during stayed at our hotel. Your constructive detail review are to make our hotel better and show us that you are care to our hotel.
We are very sorry to hear that you have some inconveniences during your holiday with us. We are hoping a sincere apologies for your disappointment!

Our investigation found that there were some mishandling on the reservation and room division team coordination, the AC room maintenance was not carry on properly and the breakfast handling was not smooth as well. We are really sorry that you also found something not suppose to be in the vegetable during the meal.

To prevent re-occurrence of these mistakes, we are doing some refresh training to all of our staffs and I would make you sure that all mentioned above would never happen again in the future.
Delivering service excellent to all of our guests is our priority and we always do some review and action improvement steps to make it met our standard.

We value your satisfaction greatly and we put it as our priority. We can only look forward to the opportunity to serve you better on your next visit.

Should you need further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Thank You.