“Mini marina bay sands”

Aston Cirebon Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #3 of 41 Hotels in Cirebon
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Ive only been here for 10 mins, the first time i enter the lobby for some reason the lobby n how they arrange the rooms around it reminds me of singapore's MBS..with restaurant in the middle of the lobby and 10 stories of rooms around it..
I'd say i like the room, very..modern, contemporer.. The receptionist is very helpful and pretty fast service.. Maybe he also saw how tired i am from 8 hrs of road trip and got here at 2am..
Well anyway, i think this shud be another nice hotel experience for me..
And oh, i think the price is worth it.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank SellyMelissa

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My first time visiting cirebon for business trip and i was staying at suite... altough aston is a new hotel in cirebon, aston is very good place to stay in cirebon. good swimming pool, good building, good room, nice employees, and aston have the best fried banana, named "Pisang Goreng Oasis". The breakfast buffet was always consistently good with a pleasant and accommodating environment and smiling staff. So I can definitely recommend aston for those who want to relax and have a good time here in cirebon.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Aston C, Manager at Aston Cirebon Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2013

Dear Kemalmaharsa,

Thank you for taking your time to write a precious comment about your stay at Aston Cirebon.
We are pleased to know that you enjoy your stay with us.
Our swimming pool, beside is good and beautiful, it also benefit our guest to be able to swim all day without worrying the sun because it is hidden on the building shade.
We also are happy to inform you that beside Pisang Goreng Oasis, another favourite snack is “COLENAK”. Yes, we are proud to promote traditional dishes from Indonesia, especially West Java.

I hope you will enjoy the other facilities on your next stay at Aston Cirebon as we also have big gym room with wide choice of equipment, 600m long jogging track, spa, beautiful wide garden which also often used for outbond activity. Osmosis for those who love to spend time with friend in the evening at cozy and modern lounge, and many more which will enhance your stay.

Please try our “BOOK DIRECT” facility trough our website at www.astoncirebon.com which will offer you more benefit such:
• 10% Discount
• Free upgrade to higher type of room (upon availability).
• Free Shoe Shine Service.
• And all benefit that comes with the reservation.

I and the entire team look forward to welcome you back at Aston Cirebon!

Best Regards,

Reviewed July 10, 2013 via mobile

Spacious hotel ideal for business travellers if service mentallity would be upgraded.
Upon check in I was upgraded because I used hotelvoucher of travelagent. My colleague was refused upgrade because booking via website. So i stayed in 9th floor while my colleague on 3rd floor.
Upon check in I asked for car cleaning service. Short answer. We dont do cleaning cars . Is this how you beat the competion ? ? Just charge 50'000 rp and wash that dirty car. No business thinking at front desk.
Rooms are very good and clean. Location is convenient. Travellers without dirty car can rely on shuttle busses.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Stefaan D
Aston C, Manager at Aston Cirebon Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2013

Dear Stefaan D,

I regret to know that you were disappointed during your stay at Aston Cirebon because of the car wash.
Further to your advice, We have now organized car wash service with our partner near the hotel. Beside the carwash service we also now provide carwash facility at our parking lot for those who wants their driver wash the car.

Thank you for your constructive advice.
It is a precious comments which certainly will help us improving.

• 10% Discount
• Free upgrade to higher type of room (upon availability).
• Free Shoe Shine Service.
• And all benefit that comes with the reservation.

Once again thank you for your advice, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Aston Cirebon!

Best regard,

Reviewed July 2, 2013

i was staying at junior executive and the size of the room really worth the price. It was spacious and comfortable. But it still needs more improvement on bathroom amenities and room facilities (i think hair dryer and iron should be provided in the room for such hotel rate, so i don't need to call the concierge, which not available by that time). The pool is located in shady place so guests (esp. kids) can use it at anytime without worrying the hot weather of cirebon. For family with children, they might find this hotel less amusing for the children (as there's only a pool to entertain the kids, no playground, but they provided some holiday activities during school holiday season) and a little bit far from malls.

1  Thank angela a
Aston C, Manager at Aston Cirebon Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2013

Dear Angela,

Thank you for writing a precious review after your stay at Aston Cirebon.
I am happy you let me know that you enjoy your stay and your family enjoy the program of School Holiday package.
In addition to our beautiful swimming pool which allows swimmer to enjoy the pool at almost all time due its location which in the shade of our building, the nice and spacious poolside garden is also facilitated with jogging track.
We also are on the process of building an additional facility; Bicycle track, which will be ready by the middle of August.
I hope you and your family will enjoy the new facility after Idul Fitri.

I am grateful for your constructive advice regarding the hairdryer.
We are now at the process of purchasing more unit which we set up into the room partially.

Best regard,

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Aston became my first choice when visiting Cirebon at the end of June 2013. I was so impressed with the room that I saw on the internet. It looked spacious and had ambient look. So, i reserved it on line without thinking too much.

I had an early check-in. It ran smoothly without any delay. I was supposed to check in at 2 pm but I got to the hotel at 12.45 pm.I was happy when the receptionist said that my room was upgraded to deluxe and located on the 7th floor with a mountain view. Great! With only a 15-minute wait, I got my room ready, so that I could take a rest after a 2.5 hour rail travel.

Yes, the room was just like the one that I saw on the internet with minimalist concept. But, I think it was too minimalist as I found there was no bathtub in the bathroom. I was a bit disappointed as I loved lying in a bathtub and reading.

The bed was comfortable but its linen was not clean enough. There was some stains on it. And when I put some crackers on the table, some small red ants came. It shouldn't have happened in a good hotel like Aston. When I looked out of the window, I found that its window glass was dirty as there was something like bird droppings on it. It shouldn't have happened if the Housekeeping had paid full attention to details. I first questioned myself like "does it happen just because I have an early check-in, so that the housekeeping didn't have much time to make up the room?" : )

I liked the swimming pool as it was clean and cool but quite confused about its operating hours. In the hotel booklet, it was stated that the swimming was open from 9 to 5 but when I went down to it at 9.10 am, the pool policy there read that this swimming pool was open at 6 am. Disappointed.I am the one who loves swimming early in the morning and late at night.

As the hotel is not located in the city center, it provides free shuttle buses (cars) with a humble, acknowledgable and helpful drivers that will take you to the Cirebon Superblock Mall (CSB) and batiks center or take you to the station. Although the standing banner said the hotel car could take you there every 2 hour, in fact it was flexible and it was such a help for me. Thank you.

Since the hotel is still new, any complaints may happen. Hopefully, Aston can improve and become the No.1 hotel in Cirebon.

Room Tip: "Ask for a mountain view."....
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I'm travelling with my family for 3 days, we're staying in the executive room.. Actually this room is huge enough, with small pantry, but nothing special facilities in the room (only have 1 set dining table & sink). Since the 1st day, we requested hair dryer to the housekeeping (because hair dryer not provided in the room), but nobody come to deliver or give feedback for our request. We did twice call back again in the 2nd day, unfortunately the same respond happened.
Hair dryer delivered to our room after we complain to the duty manager.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I booked through "BOOKDIRECT" at Aston's website, which entitles us to a free room upgrade (based on availability upon check-in). I asked the lady that handled my check-in three (3x) times, as to whether I get a free upgrade or not. She called someone on the phone and reconfirmed to me that I am not entitled for a free upgrade. I had to ask her manager out before I was entitled to my free upgrade. That was not a 4-star check in service and was frustrating.

This was stated on their website and their hotel was not packed! The room is quite huge and it was value for money. We were upgraded from the Junior Executive to Executive Room. The floor is a bit dusty and not carpeted though. No bathtub in the bathroom. Overall the hotel is good, however lacking details. If you like your rooms to be nice, I think Grage Hotel Cirebon has better rooms, even though the hotel is older.

Room Tip: Speak to someone experience if they do not entitle you to a free upgrade. The hotel is still new, wi...