“clean and spacious rooms”

Aston Cirebon Hotel & Convention Center
Ranked #3 of 38 Hotels in Cirebon
Jakarta, Indonesia
“clean and spacious rooms”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

i was staying at junior executive and the size of the room really worth the price. It was spacious and comfortable. But it still needs more improvement on bathroom amenities and room facilities (i think hair dryer and iron should be provided in the room for such hotel rate, so i don't need to call the concierge, which not available by that time). The pool is located in shady place so guests (esp. kids) can use it at anytime without worrying the hot weather of cirebon. For family with children, they might find this hotel less amusing for the children (as there's only a pool to entertain the kids, no playground, but they provided some holiday activities during school holiday season) and a little bit far from malls.

1 Thank angela a
Aston C, Manager at Aston Cirebon Hotel & Convention Center, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Dear Angela,

Thank you for writing a precious review after your stay at Aston Cirebon.
I am happy you let me know that you enjoy your stay and your family enjoy the program of School Holiday package.
In addition to our beautiful swimming pool which allows swimmer to enjoy the pool at almost all time due its location which in the shade of our building, the nice and spacious poolside garden is also facilitated with jogging track.
We also are on the process of building an additional facility; Bicycle track, which will be ready by the middle of August.
I hope you and your family will enjoy the new facility after Idul Fitri.

I am grateful for your constructive advice regarding the hairdryer.
We are now at the process of purchasing more unit which we set up into the room partially.

Once again thank you for your advice, and I look forward to welcoming you back to Aston Cirebon!

Best regard,

Fajar Basuki

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Jakarta
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Aston became my first choice when visiting Cirebon at the end of June 2013. I was so impressed with the room that I saw on the internet. It looked spacious and had ambient look. So, i reserved it on line without thinking too much.

I had an early check-in. It ran smoothly without any delay. I was supposed to check in at 2 pm but I got to the hotel at 12.45 pm.I was happy when the receptionist said that my room was upgraded to deluxe and located on the 7th floor with a mountain view. Great! With only a 15-minute wait, I got my room ready, so that I could take a rest after a 2.5 hour rail travel.

Yes, the room was just like the one that I saw on the internet with minimalist concept. But, I think it was too minimalist as I found there was no bathtub in the bathroom. I was a bit disappointed as I loved lying in a bathtub and reading.

The bed was comfortable but its linen was not clean enough. There was some stains on it. And when I put some crackers on the table, some small red ants came. It shouldn't have happened in a good hotel like Aston. When I looked out of the window, I found that its window glass was dirty as there was something like bird droppings on it. It shouldn't have happened if the Housekeeping had paid full attention to details. I first questioned myself like "does it happen just because I have an early check-in, so that the housekeeping didn't have much time to make up the room?" : )

I liked the swimming pool as it was clean and cool but quite confused about its operating hours. In the hotel booklet, it was stated that the swimming was open from 9 to 5 but when I went down to it at 9.10 am, the pool policy there read that this swimming pool was open at 6 am. Disappointed.I am the one who loves swimming early in the morning and late at night.

As the hotel is not located in the city center, it provides free shuttle buses (cars) with a humble, acknowledgable and helpful drivers that will take you to the Cirebon Superblock Mall (CSB) and batiks center or take you to the station. Although the standing banner said the hotel car could take you there every 2 hour, in fact it was flexible and it was such a help for me. Thank you.

Since the hotel is still new, any complaints may happen. Hopefully, Aston can improve and become the No.1 hotel in Cirebon.

Room Tip: "Ask for a mountain view."....
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I'm travelling with my family for 3 days, we're staying in the executive room.. Actually this room is huge enough, with small pantry, but nothing special facilities in the room (only have 1 set dining table & sink). Since the 1st day, we requested hair dryer to the housekeeping (because hair dryer not provided in the room), but nobody come to deliver or give feedback for our request. We did twice call back again in the 2nd day, unfortunately the same respond happened.
Hair dryer delivered to our room after we complain to the duty manager.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

I booked through "BOOKDIRECT" at Aston's website, which entitles us to a free room upgrade (based on availability upon check-in). I asked the lady that handled my check-in three (3x) times, as to whether I get a free upgrade or not. She called someone on the phone and reconfirmed to me that I am not entitled for a free upgrade. I had to ask her manager out before I was entitled to my free upgrade. That was not a 4-star check in service and was frustrating.

This was stated on their website and their hotel was not packed! The room is quite huge and it was value for money. We were upgraded from the Junior Executive to Executive Room. The floor is a bit dusty and not carpeted though. No bathtub in the bathroom. Overall the hotel is good, however lacking details. If you like your rooms to be nice, I think Grage Hotel Cirebon has better rooms, even though the hotel is older.

Room Tip: Speak to someone experience if they do not entitle you to a free upgrade. The hotel is still new, wi...
Perth, Australia
Reviewed May 29, 2013

i travel to cirebon very frequently for work. prior to aston's opening, i was a weekly guest at santika hotel. aston is an indonesian-wide chain of hotels known for its mid-range, modern designed hotels. i'd just list the pros and cons and comparison to other hotels in cirebon.

pros:
1/ brand new hotel; so facilities are in as pristine a state as they can be in.
2/ with 200 rooms, most likely you will be able to secure a booking.
3/ big lobby and reception area is indoors. this is very important because there are plenty of mozzies in cirebon and you will get ravaged within 10 minutes like i do, when i check-in at bentani and santika.
4/ staff are attentive, courteous and helpful and their english is competent (the same applies to santika)
5/ best breakfast buffet spread.note: while you can't compare to other hotels in main cities, for what's worth in cirebon, good balance of indonesian and intercontinental cuisine and by far the best in selection and quality in cirebon. it is what i look forward to most in cirebon.
6/ rooms are spacious, bed is comfortable and pillows nice and fluffy (bed and pillow in bentani are flat and hard; the ones in santika vary room to room but still cannot be compared to aston)
7/ free shuttle service to and fro the train station (bentani and santika also provide this service).
8/ big enough to accommodate a large travelling business group with a sufficiently big meeting room, convention hall, bar and lounge and breakfast hall.

cons:
9/ the shower in my room did not have hot water and the water was weak-pressured. showering was unpleasant.
10/ the hotel is quite far from train station (15mins), compared to the other major players like grage hotel, bentani and santika (3-5minus) so if you are taking the 6am train... this may not be ideal. it is also further from grage mall and CSB mall. if you don't have a car, this is not for you. but it is near GIANT supermarket.
11/ the japanese restaurant has good food but it is a very pricey option in cirebon - i feel the prices should be tailored to be lower than that of jakarta.
12/ check-in seems slower and less efficient compared to in santika.
13/ wifi is weak in the rooms (same applies for santika and bentani - actually this is the best amongst the three)

all in all, it is hard to distinguish the service and value for money amongst aston, santika and bentani. aston is the newest and largest hotel in town. if you're looking for something convenient, smaller and more rustic with personalised service (every frontdesk staff, restaurant staff know me and talks to me regularly), santika is the best. but if you're looking for something new, great breakfast, big rooms (with a range to suit the needs of each traveller), aston is great.

Room Tip: higher floors are good for the view in the morning and i think the wifi reception is better higher u...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank rachel-natalie
Raja Ampat, Indonesia
Reviewed May 26, 2013

Very enjoyable stay at Aston Cirebon Hotel. Friendly helpful staff, good location. We were there for a conference at the Aston Cirebon Convention Hall. Currently it is the biggest convention hall in Cirebon area, with modern classy design. The hotel room is so spacious and well-designed. Great venue. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south for city view, and rooms on the north for mountain and pool vieew
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank And O
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

It was my 3rd time visiting Cirebon, before I stayed in Santika and Grage. Compare to another hotels in the city, definitely Aston Cirebon the best one! Hotel area was spacious, room very comfortable and warm, the breakfast makes complete! I enjoyed the saturday night at their bar (Osmosis) and yes! it is brand new lounge n bar in Cirebon.
I definitely will recommend Aston Cirebon to my friends or family or anyone comes to Cirebon. You'll feel the different atmosphere of shiny city in this hotel.trust me!;)

• Stayed April 2013