“Hotel needs improvement...lots of improvement”

Lido Lakes Resort & Conference
Ranked #30 of 70 Hotels in Bogor
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Hotel needs improvement...lots of improvement”
Reviewed December 16, 2011

This hotel is perfectly suited if you're on a big group, office outing, seminars and trainings. There are lots of outdoor activities nearby the hotel, such activities like river rafting, paintball game, group games, are easy to find and comes in good prices.
However, if you're on a family leisure, honeymoon, or on a solo travelling, this hotel won't fit you. Why? Here's some clues:
1. Food - Any breakfast, lunch, and dinner menus are disappointing. Lots of starchy and oily food. Taste is awful. Even this hotel sits in the highland, fruits served are not fresh and plain.
2. Room - Bed is quite clean, but the room is tired. Stains and dusty in the bedroom and bathroom.
3. Location - The nearest buzzling city is 30 minutes drive. You won't find any interesting spot surrounding the hotel.
4. Staffs - Hotel staffs are helpful, but they're not responding to a customize request.

Bottomline, good for group travellers, but a big no no for family leisure.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
5 Thank balinese

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta
Reviewed May 29, 2011

I and my team and my principals from Australia, USA, France were having a training over products between a couples of companies - it was like 15-20 from us. We had a good time - the food was excellent - the staffs were good in service - nothing to complain at all!

On the last day upon checking out - I will have to climb the staircase to the lobby with my hands fulled with bags etc - a cleaning service staff came to me and offered help and brought my big suitcase upstairs! - it was two thumbs up!!

Further more - after checking out and leaving the hotel to Citarik for rafting session - I realized that I left my blackberry on the room! - I pulled out to the street and ask my secretary to call the hotel - apparently the hotel did try to contact her mobile to let her know that one of us left a blackberry in the room! the blackberry was kept at the receptionist - I sent out one of us with motorcycle to take the blackberry from the hotel as the road was in heavy jam - I did leave some money as my gratitude towards the hotel especially the one who found the phone and gave them back to receptionist...to my big surprise - the hotel rejected the money! I have never found such an excellent behavior from anyone here before - he could have pocket the blackberry for himself yet he understood that this blackberry meant everything to a businessman like myself!

Anyway the name of the person is pak Tito - I hope God repay you for all your kindness my friend!

Another surprise was - if the above wasnt enough - after 1 hour driving - the hotel called my secretary and informed her that they have yet found an ATM card belongs to one of our team!

I am losing words...for sure we will come back for more...not for emotional reasons but the hotel indeed gave us what we needed!

If there is ever be a complain from myself in regards of this hotel - it is only we found some visitors smoking at the lobby and restaurant area - I thought the hotel staffs were to kind to have some words with those egoistic visitors :)

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Leonard_Kwee
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 22, 2011

I have stayed here many times over the years and there are certain elements of this resort that need some attention.

It used to be much better than it is now and the rooms are very tired. They seem to be skimping on things in the room. There was just a towel each, no hand towel or face washer or hand soap. It was like the housekeeper forgot to fit out the room properly.
My biggest gripe is the bedding. I thought last time I stayed that the bed must have been made by someone new and inexperienced but alas it was the same this time and I am a little bewildered. No one wants to sleep with a woollen blanket on their skin and the sheet on top of it. I have no idea if the blankets are cleaned but even if they are it's just weird and guests shouldn't have to remake their bed. Last time I arrived at midnight after a long days travel and found my double bed had been made with single sheets put on sideways (over the blanket) and there was a big gap at the bottom. Odd...and not good enough.

The food is not too bad although I always seem to end up with a sick belly whenever I stay here. They have had the same dodgy toaster at breakfast for the last 5 years at least. Please get a new one before one of your staff gets electrocuted!

Aside from that, it is still a lovely location and the lobby building is really nice. Unfortunately it also seems to attract weekend visitors who take the opportunity to let their kids run wild, so don't plan on a sleep in.

I hope that Lido can have a facelift soon because it is a bit sad to see it go downhill. It has so much potential!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank gibbonfeet
Reviewed May 12, 2010

Stayed here for 2 nights. Food, accomm, price and facility were decent.

Just be careful of unfriendly spirits - even if you don't believe in that stuff.

Personally, I wouldn't stay here again - it gives me the creeps.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed December 28, 2009

We've been to this hotel several times over the years. It's a good option for us, as it's up in the hills south of Jakarta but not on the very busy Puncak road. This means you can get there on the weekend without too much traffic. I was a little surprised at the negative review from other visitor in 2006. I've stayed at Lido Hotel probably half a dozen times and never had a bad time.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
Jakarta
Reviewed November 19, 2007

I went to this hotel on May 2007. The quality is getting better, like the staffs are polite and well trained, the foods are much better, the hotel facilities are neat and clean even though they still need some renovation.
The good things is they offering a lot of natural activities, like hiking in National Forest, Rafting at Cisadane River, ATV (All Terrain Vehicle) riding, Delman ride, Rental Bicycle , Off Road, Paintball, Mini Golf, Golf, etc…but there are additional charge for each activities. If you are interested in outdoor activities this hotel could be count into your consideration.

• Liked — The outdoor activities
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank Ndi
Alkmaar, Netherlands
Reviewed October 3, 2006

The Lido Lakes Hotel on the main road between Bogor and Sukabumi, about 30 km from Bogor has the unfortunate reputation for us being posibly the worst hotel we ever encountered. Let us herewith give a summation. The architecture of the hotel can best be described as Stalin in the South Pacific. No atmosphere whatsoever and a renovation a couple of decades overdue. The hotel staff is not as friendly as you may encounter anywhere else in Indonesia and does not speak english well. The pool of the hotel is open to be used by the locals and generally dirty. The hotel food is not suitable for western travellers. We both contracted a serious food-poisining from it where a visit to the doctor was necessary. We have been to Indonesia before and are accomodated to the food, but this was seriously bad. If this was not enough, the rooms were infested with flees. We can therefor give only one advise: find another place to stay and Avoid this hotel.

• Liked — the free trip to the doctors-office after contracting foodpoisining in the hotel-restaurant
  • Disliked — everything: the flees, the food, the location, the pool etc.
  • Tips/Secrets — avoid this hotel and find something else.
  • Stayed June 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6 Thank freudsigmund

Travelers are raving about these Bogor hotels