“Further Decline but Great Staff”

Hotel Salak The Heritage
Ranked #9 of 73 Hotels in Bogor
Reviewed December 14, 2012

When I have visited Bogor - mainly for the fine Kebun Raya - I have usually stayed at the Salak Heritage hotel, primarily for its fine location and for the interesting history of this part of the city. The staff are very friendly and nicely efficient, and it is a pleasure seeing them. On the other hand... I'm not sure I'll stay here again. Regretfully, the hotel has been in a steady decline over the years.
The Entrance, Lobby and Recepion area are fine and they lead you to expect a top-class hotel. The lifts are quick, and expectations run high for the Corporate Floor. As usual my view was magnificent! But the entire hotel is now in a hotel-drab color, including the rooms. Sure, they're clean but everything is old. The double bed was excellent, though, and the writing desk spacious and well-lit. Too bad there's no bathrobe provided (even on the corporate floor).
On the other hand: the bathroom is in high need of an entire makeover. Many of the fittings are rusty and partly broken, there is no plug for the sink, cold-water pressure is too low. The bedroom is spacious but the Airco is far too noisy especially when you want to sleep. There is no safety-deposit box even in the corporate room; and it's inconvenient to have to go to the reception every time you need something (like a passport). The minibar is empy (inconceivable for a corporate room). WiFi in the room is sporadic and slow if you can get connected at all. TV screen is far too small for comfortable viewing. A few years ago things were already not really excellent for the way the hotel bills itself; but now it is in even further decline. Sad.
The restaurants are not bad, rather perfunctory (but with an excellent and helpful staff). The bar runs out of necessary drinks (e.g. no tonic water to be found!); breakfast is standard Indonesian and quite nice, but fresh fruit is hardly available: the mornings I was here it alternated between 'tired' slices of watermelon and 'half-dry' papaya. But the eggs were fried wonderfully well. Dinners were okay but very bland: better to go out into the street for good tasty food. Again here: lovely waiters and efficient service.
All in all, the hotel needs an entire overhaul (also a re-think on how to serve patrons better: having to pay for printing a boarding pass is ridiculous for a hotel of this self-asserted excellence).
Top management and the owner are, I think, responsible for this decline. Ordinary staff are hospitable, gracious, friendly and helpful!

Room Tip: Rooms overlooking the Kebun Raya...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Everytime when me and my family came to Bogor, Indonesia, Hotel Salak would be our choice. Why? Location is perfect at the heart of Bogor. Scenery from hotel is awesome. Local food all around.Hospitality is good. Room condition is perfect. Ambience was great warm place with soft nice music. The Hotel was cheerful and Helpful.
When we were there, we were welcome by a pleasant hotel staff, Hani, which help us through our stay there. her knowledge of the culture, history, local food, customs, and area around Bogor is very wide. and shes knows where the best location for good food too! thats and important for tourist... FOOD!.. No doubt Hotel Salak would be the place to stay when im coming back to Bogor.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Jefri_Miswari
Reviewed November 12, 2012

when I come to bogor, I stay at Hotel Salak. It's not only the strategic but also the staffs are friendly. I was sitting down at the cafe nearby swimming pool the other day, then staff come to me, welcoming and greet me very well. They got me a nice hot chocolate as well. If I visit bogor again, I'll be back to hotel salak.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed November 4, 2012

Me and my family went to bogor last month for holiday. i stayed at Hotel Salak for 2 nights. the hotel is nice but the swimming pool is too small, i think it's good for kids only. during my stays, i experienced the warm hospitality from the staff there, i was treated very well and they are so helpful. I was surprised when they gave me complimentary cake and delicious hot chocolate. if I'm going to bogor again, I'll come to stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Salak on my recent trip to Indonesia. The staff are always nice and friendly. The rooms are nice and look recent updated. The breakfast is great and the main restaurant has many great choices, including some US dishes. I recommend this hotel to anyone that wants to visit Bogor. I would not hesitate to stay here again. This was one of the best experiences with hotels I had in Indonesia.

Thank you!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My company held a meeting at Hotel Salak The Heritage few weeks ago.
We stayed there for 3 days. The meeting room was ok and the staff help a lot with so many things.
During lunch time, we had buffet. They have variety of food but most of the food are Indonesian food.
Overall I feel satisfied with this hotel, what I like the most is the location and service. I recommend this hotel for everyone who wants to stay in Bogor for holiday or meeting.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I do recommend hotel Salak. I've stayed there for 1 month with two more friends and I had a good experience. Thumbs up for the staff who are very polite and cheerful. Besides, the food is mainly about tipical Indonesian meals.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business