“Very poor for a 4 star hotel”

Amaroossa Royal Bogor
Ranked #9 of 70 Hotels in Bogor
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
“Very poor for a 4 star hotel”
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

Checked in 2 January and first impressions are definitely lasting. We booked a twin room and got a double. We moved to a new room and the bed linen was dirty, the carpet stained and not vacuumed, and the mini bar was incomplete with empty water bottles sitting on the desk. Again we moved and this room had a shower curtain with mould stains and the bathroom smelled badly. When taking a shower the bathmat was badly stained.

Fortunately, the food in the restaurant was quite good and traditional. Staff are friendly and helpful.

WiFi is slow and telephones can only be used to make internal calls. The hotel does not have the ability to charge phone calls to your room. Amazing!!

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jos C

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Indonesian first
Tangerang, Jawa Barat, Indonesia
Reviewed January 1, 2014

I stayed at Amaroossa Royal Bogor in end November 2013 to have a meeting with my company colleagues. This is the first time for me to stay at boutigue hotel (my friend told me that this hotel is classified into boutigue hotel due to such its unique interior design). What I like about this hotel is the location ! Very good location. What I didn't like are :
1. I was frustated by the limited car park, so hotel staff brought my car to other are outside the hotel (I didn't know where it is...). It was very annoying if you carry co much bag and you left one in the car, they had to bring your car again to hotel.
2. The taste of ice cream provided in restaurant is very bad !!! I didn't know what the flavour !
3. The door wasn't easy to lock. So you have to make sure it well-locked.

If you want to go to Bogor and stay at hotel as a business trip, maybe it is good for you. But for family ? I better to find another hotel in my second time to visit to Bogor.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Bengkulu, Indonesia
Reviewed December 12, 2013 via mobile

I just check out from this hotel, so its still freah in my memory. First, I came here because of location that very strategic, near the central city activity. When i check in the bellboy already serve me well by give me a free valet parking, the check in process is so simple, they give the welcome drink i think is very creative which is match to your blood type. The room is so luxury. Room service quite fast with great taste. I really recommend this hotel to all my college if they have a bussiness trip to bogor.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank RSantoso590
Yogyakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed in a Executive Double Room. Hotel interior is very glamour and nice looking,The service was nice and the room is clean ,tidy and homey. The location is very strategic Near by the bigest mall in Bogor its called "Botani Square" . When you go to the SL ( Sky Lounge ) you can see quite lovely Mountain view,especially in the night.
When i got my breakfast I Really love the restaurant interior and the food taste good,traditional menu were served during breakfast.what a nice hotel isn't it?
they still keep traditional style between glamour and eropa style

i enjoyed stayed at this hotel...when i have time to come to bogor,i'll love to stay here again

and the last word i said :

Billion Thank you Royal Amaroossa Bogor

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Mirna A
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

This is my first time staying at Amaroossa hotel bogor. This hotel dont have parking space, so you have to use valet in order to park your car, that will annoy you if you need to pick up something from your car, the valet guy will take the car to the lobby so you can get your stuff, and bring the car back to i don't where. The front officer seems need to have training on how to handle customer. After check in, i'm asking for my room key, and you know what the front officer said to me, they don't have new key for my room !!! How come??!?
So i entered my room with master key belong to the bell boy guy. This is truly unexceptable.
The room itself quite nice, not modern type of room, small, the bathroom nothing special, but something bothered me, there are a lot of ants in the bathroom!!
The swimming pool is under maintenance so my kid unable to swim that day.
Overall this hotel is not suitable for people that looking for cozy hotel, people that want stay in hotel as recreation, spend time with family.

Stayed November 2013
Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed November 20, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 3 nights, we choosed this hotel because they said it is new hotel in town

They upgrade us to executive room, but when we enter the room, the bathroom was smelly, the interior it is classic but not well maintained.
Room was big but so many crack and cheap furniture inside.

Service was standard, their staff need to get more training how to service and speak to the customer.
My dirty clothes has been washed without ask and they charge me for that, but after I'm complained, they discharge my loundry. Be careful when you put your dirty clothes.

Breakfast was so so, nothing special.

Location is in the city centre, across of the shopping centre and city park.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Bandung, Indonesia
Reviewed November 19, 2013

We stayed at this hotel at November 11-13, 2013 we arrived on 11.00 pm , together with my family for business and family purposed, it was easy to get this hotel , and located right in front of Tugu Kujang (Bogor Symbol), the hotel ambiance was so different with the other hotel so classic, it looks glamours.
The receptions was so friendly, and handled my reservation with a very quick response.
Breakfast was so nice international and traditional menu were served during breakfast such as Terong Balado, Sambal Terasi, Oncom.
i like also their semi indoor swimming pool on 2nd floor, i still could swim during heavy rain . rain.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family