“Huge hotels @Puncak”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bogor
Seruni II Gunung Gede
Ranked #1 of 45 Bogor B&B and Inns
Indonesia
“Huge hotels @Puncak”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

Stayed @Seruni 2 for a weekend getaway in July 2012, tried to book Seruni 1 or Seruni 3 but all fully booked. The newest one is Seruni 3 and the rate is around Rp100.000 higher from Seruni 2.

The hotel is huge, streched all the way from Seruni 1 up to 3, like a Titanic, almost like I stepped into another world when I entered the area. Each Hotel (Seruni 1-3) has their own pools and facilities. Like the pools a lot. Breakfast wise, quite ok on the menu selection and reasonably ok in terms of price (for additional child Rp35.000 and for adult Rp70.000).

The interior is Bali inspired. The room is very big and spacious and since they are using tiles and not wood, have a bit of cold sense of the room. There is also a wall decoration which is a little creepy for my taste. There is a connecting door @my room and the next door also had their children so could hear the noise. But overall, the hotel is nice and the view is relaxing.

The location is near to Taman Safari Indonesia and purchasing ticket @the hotel will get 10% discount for normal price.

Room Tip: Please ask the reservation if you will be given a room with a view to the mountain or not and on whi...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
20 Thank jule_maria

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

Let's start with the positive review about the hotel, shall we?

The good things about the hotel :
The view is great, especially at night. The pools are also great, they're located in 3 different area. 1 of them is an olympic size pool. Seruni hotel also has great location, near Taman Safari Indonesia and only 30 minutes drive to Cipanas area.

The disappointment :
It was incredibly hard to make reservation. I contacted the hotel and asked how to book a total of 8 rooms. The front office gave me cellphone number of Marketing division (unfortunately i forgot his name). I called him to make booking and he told me to send me the details by sms, so I sent it to him and waiting for his confirmation. 1 week, 2 week, 1 month waiting and still no update from him. I tried to call his cellphone and also directly to hotel and he never answered it. At the end my uncle was finally able to book the rooms via travel agent.

Arriving at the hotel, there's no porter so we need to put the baggage in the trolley by ourselves

First impression about the room is, it is not well maintained. The wardrobe doesn't even have doors. The bed is rock hard, specially the extra bed. We need to wait a long time

At 6pm, all of our family member gathered in my grandpa's room to celebrate his birthday. We called the restaurant to borrow 10 small plates to share the birthday cake. Then, the restaurant informed us that they can only lend 2 plates and for the 3rd-10th plates we need to pay additional charge Rp. 5000 per plate.

Not only plates, I asked for 2 additional pillow in my rooms because the pillows are small. And again they informed that they can only lend 1 pillow and the 2nd pillow cost Rp. 20.000/pillow/night. Also for additional duvet Rp. 50.000/night. And i was like, seriously...???

Breakfast was simply terrible. Cold omelettes, cold porridge, salty fried rice and the worst is they don't even serve MILK

I won't recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
46 Thank RoseRachel
Jakarta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2012

At first i think this place is a great place to stay, while all the room are smoking room but could not smell any smoke odour in the room, played in the playground, swimming pool etc. Such a great amenities.

But the problem comes at nightime when we are tired and trying to have a sleep :

1. You can smell somebody's sweat or odour on the pillows.

2. we can smell smoke odour comes in into our room, maybe the neighbour are smoking outside their room and the wind blows all the smoke into our room (since the room isnt air con'd and have plenty space for air to breeze) and we smells cigarettes while we are trying to sleep.

3. A group of people are coming back to their room at 10.30pm with loud voice and chattering, very very disturbing (since the room are very well ventilated coz of no air con)

4. I am writing this review in 10:45 pm and those stupid people are playing fire cracker and fire works in the car park.. Unable to get a good rest with my little 5 years old daughter crying because of the sound of firecracker..

Overall i regret to stay here and will not coming back here anymore..

Room Tip: Dont know! Since first timer here and will never comeback.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
17 Thank Allfreed
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2012

Stayed at Seruni 2 family room for two nights, the room was look very tired and room interior was not really exciting. Was not a good experience compare to my previous stay at Seruni 3. Not enough hot water pressure on the bathroom, second room had small earthworms crawl all over the floor, not dangerous but disgusting. The room is not soundproof, could hear people walking and talking across the room. Swimming pool need serious attention, water was not clear and looks gross. Breakfast is definitely need more improvement consider with the room price. There are some development in progress around the hotel, but something important they should probably address quickly which is to improve the existing building and service delivery.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
12 Thank Frans G
Jkt
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2012

We stayed at Seruni 2, got the 3rd floor facing the pool,..excellent view day or night, the big balcony with chairs and table allowed us to sit and relax,the room was large enough, however the bathroom was a bit dimmed , and the hot water pressure was so weak, it was very inconvinient for a cold weather accommodation. The breakfast also very simple,..but the hotel offers excellent pools choices and children outdoor activities, which made our stay very enjoyable

Room Tip: Always ask for a high level room facing the pool...very good view
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Starboy70
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2012

A perfect place to get crash after a long day spent on Taman safari Indonesia with your kiddos. Food was not good but not bad either. Great view indeed, especially during the night when you sitting on the balcony. Really like the swimming pool with small sandy beach in front, my kids love it! No need to bring the towel to the pool as they´re provided, but you have to ask for it, since the towel boy is hidden inside the small room underneath the stairway. Small thing but matter is that there is no shower at the pool!!only toilets..My kid and I had to walk wet back to my room and get proper shower after our pool time. They had two night traditional performance during my stay, very entertained, I hope they always had this entertainment in regular basis. Be careful with the road getting to this hotel, it's a small road and only one car can get in and out the hotel entrance at the same time, but don't worry the security guards will give you assistance.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
5 Thank Frans G
Johore Bahru, Johor, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2012

it has expanded from 30+ rooms in the 90s to abt 300+ now.its off the main rd to the nice Safari park at Cisarua,mid way to peak.the old part now as Seruni 1 is good value at Usd40/nite with large room n balcony w mountain view.cool weather n large park w nice landscape.complementarybreakfast is below par otherwise nice retreat hotel.still one of best in Puncak area though not lux.shd hv car to many restaurents includg Pizza hut nearby.shoppg good value at Factory outlets in Cipanas or Bogor both abt 30mins away if no jam/not weekend.we stay dec 11 weekdays.will return again.

• Stayed December 2011
1 Thank Segmin N
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bogor
Royal Safari Garden Resort & Convention
Pesona Alam Resort & Spa
Aston Sentul Resort & Conference Center
Hotel Novotel Bogor Golf Resort and Convention Center
Puncak Pass Resort
Puncak Pass Resort
#4 of 24 in Puncak
Jambuluwuk Puncak Resort

Been to Seruni II Gunung Gede? Share your experiences!