“Very nice hotel set within a huge and well maintained garden”

Hotel Novotel Bogor Golf Resort and Convention Center
Ranked #4 of 72 Hotels in Bogor
Mattsee
“Very nice hotel set within a huge and well maintained garden”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2009

Just came back from a business trip from Jakarta (stayed on private premises there) but had a weekend off in Bogor and stayed at the Novotel. Hotel is located a little outside of Bogor “down town” but thatfore quiet and close to a lot of golf courses (on my way to the hotel I passed at least 4). The hotel has a very appealing architecture and is set within a huge and well maintained garden, all areas are open air – also lobby and restaurant. Service is efficient and friendly, rooms are international standard but should get a refurbishment soon. We had dinner at the a-la-carte restaurant (mediterranean) and breakfast at the main restaurant – Pizza was perfect, breakfast was all you could wish for (but I think this is typical for Asian hotels).

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Gold Coast Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2008

Novotel Bogor its a nice place to stop over whilst in Bogor before we leaving the next day come home to Australia. Have a good food in their Restaurants and great breakfast so many to choose from International food to Indonesian traditional food , my self and my wife had two good stay at Novotel Bogor , spacious room , we have outdoor jacuzzi , comfy bed . The pool was great with waterfall, winding through the garden very spectacular .
Bogor is a short distance away but with taxi fare so cheap this does not present a problem .Overall our stay was pleasant.

• Liked — Breakfast , Room and the Pool
  • Disliked — location far from the City Bogor
  • Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
Newport Beach
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2008

I booked a 3 night stay using the official Novotel website, confident of the low price because of their advertised Best Price Guarantee. Right after I completed booking (with full payment deducted immediately from my card), I found another major online travel website which had the exact same offer -- same room, same advanced payment required, even the same offer terminology (Hot Deal: No Change, No Cancellation). In short, both offers were IDENTICAL.

I instantly went back to Novotel.com website to file a report (they claim they will match the lower rate and give an additional 10% discount on top). To my surprise, the Best Price Guarantee Form DID NOT work... resulted in ERROR. I tried submitting in ALL languages... to NO avail. Later on, I also emailed directly the General Manager of Novotel, and to this day have not received any reply.

Next day, I called 1-800-NOVOTEL and explained the situation. They could not help me get my Best Price Guarantee Form submitted by phone. All they could suggest was I send communication via Technical Support in the Novotel website. So I tried that route... and again ERROR.

By now I was already getting frustrated why a major hotel chain would advertise a Best Price Guarantee and NOT give its customers the ability to file a claim!! What happened to truth in advertising?? Or for that matter common decency and business ethics?

The next day, the situation still bothered me and I did a little research. I found that ACCOR and NOVOTEL were the same. So here now was my chance to file my claim. To my relief the Online Form actually went through. I explained the whole situation and was confident they would come through.

To my BIG dismay, they replied by email a day later DENYING the claim as it was suppoedly "less than 72-hours" and the other offer was they said more "restrictive."

I emailed my response -- 1) it was way over 72-Hours from check-in when I first tried sending their Online Form but through NO FAULT of my own, the Novotel website online form resulted in ERROR; 2) the offers were EXACTLY the same -- all 3 days fully paid by credit card in advance, no refunds allowed, same room type, same dates, even same terminology in promoting -- HOT DEAL: NO CHANGE, NO CANCELLATION.

I emailed twice since... NO RESPONSE whatsoever from Novotel or Accor to this date. I know it's not a lot of money (Novotel rate was $75 per night, and the other website was $56 per night... this is a 3-night booking) but the time and frustration has cost me a lot more!

This is my first experience ever trying to claim on a Best Price Guarantee (which I see is now pretty common with many online retailers), and I can tell everyone with full honesty... NOT ALL OF THEM ARE TRUE and HONOURABLE. Case in point: Novotel/Accor.

• Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
8 Thank travvelnut
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2008

Novotel has a great physical environment. Guests can explore the place during their free time.

Unfortunately, I must say my stay there was not a pleasant one. First, the service at Melanti restaurant was poor. I waited one hour for my food to arrive. Our request to see the manager was also ignored. While waiting for the food to arrive, I noticed that some birds were lurking on the buffet table. Such poor hygiene!

During our stay there, the roof actually leaked. The maintenance team were furiously doing their repair work and forgot that there could be guests resting in the rooms. When told about the situation, the duty manager insisted that it wasn't noisy.

Such inconsideration was displayed again at 4am. Someone was pushing a trolley along the corridor at 4 am!

The hotel definitely needs improvement in their customer service. Then again, most guests have no othr choice since this is supposed to be the "best" hotel in Bogor. We doubt we would go back again.

• Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
1 Thank Bintangkechil
Houston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2007

This part of the Novotel chain pride themselves on their minimally environmentally invasive management. The rooms are are decorated simply but elegantly, and the whole atmosphere of the hotel is very relaxing.

You are welcomed on arrival with a fruit juice and a refreshing towel, and there is a lot do at the hotel with health club facilities, massage and swimming.

Breakfast is taken in outdoor restaurant, and there are 2-3 different eateries in the hotel as well as a good bar.

There is an excellent golf course nearby.

Great hotel on the edge of town, away form the hustle and bustle of city life whilst being close enough to get back when you need to.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Ptibbs
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2007

This high class hotel is near the entrance to the attractive hill town of Bogor; that is, if you have come from Jakarta, which is about an hour's drive away, depending on traffic conditions.

The low-rise 180 room hotel and large landscaped gardens are most attractive, and have an Indonesian feel about them.

The restaurant has top quality food, although the service has varied in the past.

The hotel has a swimming pool, tennis, sauna, jacuzzi, massage, and fitness center. The hotel is next to an 18 hole golf course.

This hotel is ideal for the traveler who has a car and driver; it is not so suitable for people without a vehicle; mountain bikes are said to be available for hire from the hotel.

The chief attraction of Bogor for the traveler can be the pleasant traffic free walks available in certain areas; these walks can involve rivers, canals, bougainvillea, ducks, children flying kites, tall trees, churches, mosques, red roofed houses, rice fields, fruit trees, and views of mighty Mount Salak.

~