“Easy escape from Jakarta”

Aston Bogor Hotel and Resort
Ranked #5 of 70 Hotels in Bogor
Pembrokeshire, United Kingdom
“Easy escape from Jakarta”
Reviewed January 18, 2013

We spent a weekend at the Aston Bogor and it surpassed our expectations. Breakfast and buffet dinner were included so the total cost of the weekend was very little for a family of four.
Our 1 bedroom suite had a microwave and fridge but no utensils so next time we would come better equipped.
We had a very relaxing time with friends and enjoyed the pool although it is cooler than you may think!
A short walk next door is the water park which isn't particularly clean and is very busy but has a small bird park and is worth visiting first thing in the morning for a few hours.
We will definitely return to the Aston for another easy break from Jakarta.

Room Tip: Choose the largest suite but you'll need to book in advance.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Astbogor, General Manager at Aston Bogor Hotel and Resort, responded to this review, December 16, 2016
Dear emmab,

Warmest greeting from Aston Bogor Hotel & Resort,
Thank you very much for taking the time and sharing your wonderful review following your recent stay with us. We pleased be able to provide service for you was staying here, and know that you are satisfied with the breakfast, room, pool, and hotel environment.
We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Darto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Tangerang, Indonesia
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I went to this hotel with my family on Sunday this week for a quick runaway from Jakarta. It was our first stay there and surely expect to go there again if there is a chance.

We booked our room from Aston's website. Bear in mind that the payment will not be conducted through the website, but when you have arrived at the hotel. This is different from my other experience in using an online hotel booking system.

When we arrived, the room was not ready so we had to wait for a while at the lounge near the lobby. It was a small lounge but with a very nice view towards the swimming pool as well as the outside of the hotel. After waiting for about 30 minutes without any confirmation about the room, we decided to go out for lunch. We made sure with the receptionist that we would get a non-smoking room. She did not ask it before, so I made sure she knew about my preference. I would advise to do so, as she said she was going to put us in a smoking room which would be available earlier.

After we came back, the room was ready. We booked a deluxe room. It is quite spacious with a comfortable sofa at the far end of the room. The sofa was big enough that I could lie there quite comfortably. There was a small table next to the sofa where they put the water heater, glasses, and instant coffee and tea. An LCD tv attached to wall which had many channels for anyone to keep busy (if you have nothing to do).

There is also a small patio overlooking the swimming pool. Nice one but well, in Bogor you dont want to stay out of the room too long in the rainy season.

The bathroom has separate shower and bath tub. I could let my boy playing in the bath tub while taking a shower.

The swimming pool is nicely located in the lower part of the hotel. Our room had a view to the swimming pool and I think I liked it better than the room with the mountain view. The swimming pool area was very nice. There were three pools, two for adults, and one for kids. The two pools for adult are not large, but as there were not any other people. We had the pools for ourselves. I think it could feel a little crowded if there were more people.

Oh ya, I noticed that the kids playground was very small. It is located nearby the big swimming pool. Very small, only a slide and something else. They do have small kids activity on Sunday (I think about Rp 100,000 per kid). I do not know whether it was good as my boy did not join it.

The breakfast was also good. There were quite many selections. You can either choose Indonesia or international selections.

The only thing I dont really like is the location of the hotel. Eventhough it is very close to The Jungle, which is the reason we picked it, it is very far from the downtown of Bogor. So if you want to have dinner at popular places in Bogor or to buy gifts from Bogor, you have to drive quite far. Maybe in the future it will be easier as I heard once Bogor Inner Ring Road is constructed there will be a gate from the area. But anyway, at that time we were just there for a quick stay. There was a nice Sundanese restaurant close by, so if you don't like the hotel restaurant, you can go there.

Overall, it was a nice stay and my boy and wife were happy. Definitely will be back for another short stay.

Room Tip: The deluxe room has a nice comfortable sofa in it while the deluxe room does not have it. The deluxe...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear tobias-indonesia,

Warmest greeting from Aston Bogor Hotel & Resort,

Thank you for your wonderful review and the pleasure is ours to have been at your service. I am glad that you had an enjoyable stay. Once again, thank you very much for your input and comments, which are precious to us and allow us to keep on upgrading our services and facilities.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Jakarta
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Well situated within hill residences, I stayed in the 1 bedroom suite, spacious and comfortable enough but doesn't have a bathtub. scenery is beautiful, facing the Salak Mountain. Breakfast is above average, quite nice. Pool should be cleaned more, the river is quite dirty also. Near to Rumah Air Restaurant and The Jungle Waterpark

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear jrifter,

Warmest greeting from Aston Bogor Hotel & Resort,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and it's a great delight to know that you had an overall pleasant experience with us. It’s a delight to know that the room, hotel view, and breakfast left a positive imprint on you.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed January 5, 2013

this was my second time stay at this hotel and my second time I meet my expectation. my last stay was at 2 condo on 7th floor. The room was huge and clean, the view nearly meet to perfect. I have clearly seen the mountain view while i am enjoying sound by the river. The staff was nice and helpful, I was forgot leave my watch at swim pool and they kept safely my watch until few hours i come. 5 of us was enjoy the holiday!

Room Tip: get high floor and pool view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear keeling,

Warmest greeting from Aston Bogor Hotel & Resort,
Thank you very much for taking the time and sharing your wonderful review following your recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure to welcome back our returning guests and we pleased to hear your positive review regarding to our room, hotel view, and our staff.
We look forward to your return visit in the near future.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have only spent for one night in this hotel and I was satisfied with the room facilities.
I have a whole day training in the meeting room and well facilitated.
With the very high rate of room price I have considered this hotel had poor value for money due to I could find other hotels with same offering but at lower rates.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank fendyhsu
Dear fendyhsu,

Warmest greeting from Aston Bogor Hotel & Resort,
Thank you very much for taking the time and sharing your wonderful review following your recent stay with us. We highly pleased be able to facilitate your training activities at our hotel, and you are satisfied with the services and facilities we provide.
We look forward to your return visit in the near future.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

When i stayed at Aston Bogor for the first time on March '12, it's very impressed me. Hotel with beatutiful view and very helpfull staffs. Especially with lovely pool and great foods makes me come again on December '12.
And Aston is #1 hotel in Bogor indeed. My family was so enjoy our holiday in here.
With located not too far from Jakarta, its perfect place for family getaway.

Im always recomend Aston Bogor to my friends and my family for their holiday in Bogor.

It's good to be back to stayed in this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Veritaaa,

Warmest greeting from Aston Bogor Hotel & Resort,
We are glad to hear that you and family enjoyed your holiday at our hotel, especially you liked the hotel view, our staff, pool, and food that we serve.
Thank you for your recommendation of our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed December 8, 2012

I stay on week end , I hope can relax when stay in this hotel, but I got traffic 1,5 hours from baranangsing to go there, I got stress ...This hotel didnot have a good garden,like other resort hotel in bogor, not really green and you still feel hot during the day The room is very good but not clean, found the ' thing' in toilet when I was entering the room, it is terrible..

you should improve the room cleaning quality.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank suryatan79
Dear suryatan79,

Warmest greeting from Aston Bogor Hotel & Resort,
I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment with your experience during your recent visit to the Aston Bogor Hotel & Resort. This is certainly not typical of the experience that we aim to provide our valued guests. Nonetheless, your feedback has been taken into consideration as we continue improving our services.

We look forward to your return visit in the near future for better experience.

Darto
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bogor
Hotel Novotel Bogor Golf Resort and Convention Center
Aston Sentul Lake Resort & Conference Center
Grand Savero Hotel Bogor
R Hotel Rancamaya
R Hotel Rancamaya
#2 of 70 in Bogor
Royal Tulip Gunung Geulis
The 1O1 Bogor Suryakancana

Been to Aston Bogor Hotel and Resort? Share your experiences!