“Family getaway”

Ranked #5 of 70 Hotels in Bogor
Jakarta
“Family getaway”
Reviewed January 8, 2013

Well situated within hill residences, I stayed in the 1 bedroom suite, spacious and comfortable enough but doesn't have a bathtub. scenery is beautiful, facing the Salak Mountain. Breakfast is above average, quite nice. Pool should be cleaned more, the river is quite dirty also. Near to Rumah Air Restaurant and The Jungle Waterpark

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Astbogor, General Manager at Aston Bogor Hotel and Resort, responded to this review, December 16, 2016
Dear jrifter,

Warmest greeting from Aston Bogor Hotel & Resort,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and it's a great delight to know that you had an overall pleasant experience with us. It’s a delight to know that the room, hotel view, and breakfast left a positive imprint on you.

We appreciate your feedback and look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back again in the near future.

Darto

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
Reviewed January 5, 2013

this was my second time stay at this hotel and my second time I meet my expectation. my last stay was at 2 condo on 7th floor. The room was huge and clean, the view nearly meet to perfect. I have clearly seen the mountain view while i am enjoying sound by the river. The staff was nice and helpful, I was forgot leave my watch at swim pool and they kept safely my watch until few hours i come. 5 of us was enjoy the holiday!

Room Tip: get high floor and pool view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear keeling,

Warmest greeting from Aston Bogor Hotel & Resort,
Thank you very much for taking the time and sharing your wonderful review following your recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure to welcome back our returning guests and we pleased to hear your positive review regarding to our room, hotel view, and our staff.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I have only spent for one night in this hotel and I was satisfied with the room facilities.
I have a whole day training in the meeting room and well facilitated.
With the very high rate of room price I have considered this hotel had poor value for money due to I could find other hotels with same offering but at lower rates.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank fendyhsu
Dear fendyhsu,

Warmest greeting from Aston Bogor Hotel & Resort,
Thank you very much for taking the time and sharing your wonderful review following your recent stay with us. We highly pleased be able to facilitate your training activities at our hotel, and you are satisfied with the services and facilities we provide.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

When i stayed at Aston Bogor for the first time on March '12, it's very impressed me. Hotel with beatutiful view and very helpfull staffs. Especially with lovely pool and great foods makes me come again on December '12.
And Aston is #1 hotel in Bogor indeed. My family was so enjoy our holiday in here.
With located not too far from Jakarta, its perfect place for family getaway.

Im always recomend Aston Bogor to my friends and my family for their holiday in Bogor.

It's good to be back to stayed in this hotel.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear Veritaaa,

Warmest greeting from Aston Bogor Hotel & Resort,
We are glad to hear that you and family enjoyed your holiday at our hotel, especially you liked the hotel view, our staff, pool, and food that we serve.
Thank you for your recommendation of our hotel and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed December 8, 2012

I stay on week end , I hope can relax when stay in this hotel, but I got traffic 1,5 hours from baranangsing to go there, I got stress ...This hotel didnot have a good garden,like other resort hotel in bogor, not really green and you still feel hot during the day The room is very good but not clean, found the ' thing' in toilet when I was entering the room, it is terrible..

you should improve the room cleaning quality.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank suryatan79
Dear suryatan79,

Warmest greeting from Aston Bogor Hotel & Resort,
I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment with your experience during your recent visit to the Aston Bogor Hotel & Resort. This is certainly not typical of the experience that we aim to provide our valued guests. Nonetheless, your feedback has been taken into consideration as we continue improving our services.

We look forward to your return visit in the near future for better experience.

Reviewed December 6, 2012

it's been my second time to stay here as always on a business trip. stay here for 5 days cant make me explore it all since there are a lot of things to do. the route to this hotel is quite hard to find for outsiders like me. it's located inside high profile residence area but next to residential area. it's always in constrution phase, i dont know how much money they have to make this environment become hotel area. walk to the restaruant for breakfast is a hardwork since it's far away from our room, but the quality of food is worth to have. room is very ok with good internet connection. i've to go there again to experince all facilities they have.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear gondel g,

Warmest greeting from Aston Bogor Hotel & Resort,
Thank you very much for taking the time and sharing your wonderful review following your recent stay with us. It is always a pleasure to welcome back our returning guests and we pleased to hear your positive review regarding to the food quality, room, internet connection in our hotel and facilities that we have.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

We went there for a weekend getaway on 1-2 December 2012. Our impression of the whole stay is we left feeling underwhelmed.

The nightmare started since check in. We booked a suite/condotel as it was marketed towards families. We were 2 adults 2 small children (4 and 7). I was offered between a Condotel with a The Jungle waterpark view and a mountain view. Thinking a mountain view would be more tranquil, we opted for the later.The moment we stepped into the room and looked out the window, it turns out the "mountain view" was a vast ugly construction site,with mountains in the distance! We immediately called the front desk to ask for a room change, and were met with several rebuffs of "we're fully booked". I protested that since we were offered a choice between 2 rooms at reception, surely the other room should sill be available.Finally, the voice on the phone said,"hold on, I'll transfer you to reservation." Meaning that her "fully booked" response was merely a default answer!

The headache continued during dinner. There were 2 wedding receptions held at the hotel during our stay, so we couldn't go out to enjoy Bogor cuisine, at risk of losing our parking spots. Reluctantly, we had dinner at the "Sundanese Buffet" outside Batu Tulis restaurant. Despite ordering a very simple dinner, we had to return the dishes 4 times as they kept getting our order wrong. Questions regarding the different dishes were always met with an "I don't know, let me check". The restaurant kept running out of drinking water. And on and on it went.

Sleep was also difficult, as the 2 twin beds were very small for our family, despite the bedroom being ample enough to accommodate 2 individual beds. I dont understand the point of "Condotels" marketed to families, if 1 room can't even fit a standard sized family with small children. The "Condotel" was equipped with a sink & microwave, yet not equipped flatware / dinnerware, which we found odd. Furnishings looked and felt cheap & flimsy. Wall finishings were untidy. Pool was equipped with a lifeguard chair, but we never saw the lifeguard on duty. For a hotel marketing itself as upscale & 4 star, it didn't look it.

Next time we're in Bogor, I would probably opt for the older yet solid choice Novotel for better value and qualified staff.

Room Tip: For those opting for a condotel room in the 3rd tower, ask for an even room number (waterpark / pool...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Annisa P
Dear Annisa P,

Warmest greeting from Aston Bogor Hotel & Resort,
I am very sorry to hear of your disappointment with your experience during your recent visit to the Aston Bogor Hotel & Resort. This is certainly not typical of the experience that we aim to provide our valued guests, kindly accept my sincerest apologies. Nonetheless, this issue will we follow up with the team in order to prevent the mistake from happening again.

We look forward to your return visit in the near future for better experience.

Darto
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bogor
Hotel Novotel Bogor Golf Resort and Convention Center
R Hotel Rancamaya
R Hotel Rancamaya
#2 of 70 in Bogor
Royal Tulip Gunung Geulis Resort and Golf
Aston Sentul Lake Resort & Conference Center
Grand Savero Hotel Bogor
Padjadjaran Suites Resort & Convention Hotel

Been to Aston Bogor Hotel and Resort? Share your experiences!