“Odd Policies”

Ranked #12 of 70 Hotels in Bogor
Ottawa, Canada
“Odd Policies”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Thank heavens the hotel is attached to a mall because it poured two out of three days. Rooms are a good size & attractive but if you want a hair dryer you have to call & order one, then you must sign a form stating you'll return it in an hour. Never before have I heard of such a policy. It's the same policy if you want an iron.

There's also some odd design choices, such as the door stop right in front of the toilet and a chaise lounge, I presume that's what it's suppose to be, without any back but with a short cushion along one side. Totally useless for sitting on.

The staff is all very friendly and accommodating except for the front desk who didn't want to let us into our room until the official check-in time.

It was a pleasant surprise to get the Jakarta Post in the mornings. The breakfast buffet has a lot of delicious, though lukewarm, offerings. Be aware the Magnolia burger offered in the restaurant is really a slider, a tiny child-size hamburger.

I wanted a manicure/pedicure at the spa but they were only offering massages so I went to the mall where it was half the price of the hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Indonesian first
san diego
Reviewed January 29, 2014

large clean room at the 7th floor comes with basic essential(fridge and coffee maker) ,water pressure in the showers are amazing ( cant find any hair dryer) .breakfast are really good, very reasonable price ,with the mall next door plenty of eatery western or asian food.(starbuck at the mall open at 7am )

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed January 25, 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights and have absolutely no complains! Room was big, clean and comfortable. The breakfast spread was very good too.
The staff is very friendly and willing to help you if you need to know more about the area.
Check-in was very smooth, I was given my room key within 5 minutes.
Botani Sqaure Mall is just adjacent to the Hotel where there are many eateries, cafes, Giant Supermarket and many shopping options. There is an underground link from the hotel as well.
Definitely will stay here again next time!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
HOTEL_SANTIKA, General Manager at Hotel Santika Bogor, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor.com regarding your recent stay with us in December and and providing us valuable feedback.

It feels wonderful to read that you had a pleasant stay during your trip in Bogor. Hopefully we still have the honor to welcome you back very soon to experience more with Santika Bogor. We make sure to provide you better services near future and feel free to contact us for any kind of information and reservation.

Once again, thank you very much for posting your positive review.

Hotel Santika Bogor
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I stayed for two days at the hotel. This hotel served well the purpose of my visit, as it is very well located near the botanical garden and I found it particularly useful that the hotel was connected to a shopping centre, where I had some meals and few small shopping in there. The hotel is new and tastefully decorated, the service is friendly and effectively, I also found the range of breakfast selections, with both Indonesian and Western dishes, fantastic!

• Stayed January 2014
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed December 25, 2013

I enjoy the breakfast the variation of food.event the quality in bread station need to improve i guest.i enjoyed the hotel because was very close to the mall area ,and also i was comfortable with the room

Room Tip: room was nice cleaned and tidy
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Ashburn, Virginia
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I booked and prepaid for this room through Agoda.com for a two week stay, and specifically requested a non-smoking room. Agoda.com allows you to add specific requests to the reservation, and I stated that I have allergies to cigarette smoke. I arrived at the hotel around 5 pm with two colleagues, and upon entering my room, was overcome with the smell of smoke. I called the front desk and was told that I was put in a smoking room because the hotel was booked. They offered to spray the room for me, which as everyone knows does nothing except add to the chemical full atmosphere in the room, but told me that there were no other rooms of the type I booked available. I asked to be upgraded or downgraded to a non-smoking room, but was told that they could not offer an upgrade unless I wanted to pay full price for a new room. They did move me to a non-smoking room the next day, but this experience ensures that I will never stay at nor recommend this hotel in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Carl B
Vientiane, Laos
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed for two weeks at the hotel and was booked into a standard room on the 9th floor. The front desk staff were friendly and efficient. Breakfast was always a big spread of good food and lots to eat. The hostess, Prista, was so kind in the morning and after a few days, would greet me by name which made me feel at home. The pool was well maintained and a good spot to relax next to on my free time. The room was clean, comfortable and I had great sleeps in the bed.

The hotel is connected to Botani Square and there is a below ground connection to the mall. This was a great way to quickly go to the mall when I needed.

Overall, a very pleasant stay and I would recommend the hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business