“Cool Air, Nice View, Special Chicken Satay. . .”

Restoran Rindu Alam Puncak
Ranked #15 of 401 Restaurants in Bogor
Cuisines: Indonesian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I am a very loyal customer of this resto. First time I was here I was about 5 yrs old where my mom and dad use to take me here everytime we go to Puncak for weekend stay and short holiday since we live in Jakarta. This is an old resto. They serve local Indonesian food and chinese food (cap cay).

What I love most is their chicken satay, 10 sticks is never enough for me. Dont know why but I feel their sweet black tea is also good. Price is fair, not too expensive remembering that you are in Puncak and you can pick view and where you want to sit. If you are coming from Jakarta this resto will be on your right. The direction is very clear.

Cheers. . .

1  Thank botulinum

Reviewed May 21, 2013

During my trip to Puncak, my friend, driver and i stop for lunch at Rindu Alam restaurant. The restaurant almost full house, only one table vacant but the no outside view, later we changed to another table with good view. The weather very nice, windy, cold and fresh. We can see beautiful mountain and valley in green colour of tea plantations. For the food my friend and i ordered meehoon soto with hot black coffee for drinks, our driver ordered white rice with ox tail soup and tea for drinks. The taste of meehoon soto was very plain.

1  Thank soriah298570
Reviewed March 12, 2013

first time visit here, for lunch at 13:00 on 1st March 2013. For you who expected for great food and nice service? you wont get it.

First impression, its hard to get car park here. Lucky if you can get it.

Enter the restaurant, nobody will show you any table. You have to find it by yourself. Lucky if you can find one.

Luckily, on our lunch time, the waiter directly approaching us to offer the menu. We order the grilled fish, sauteed kale, goat satay, fried tofu and hot drink due its in puncak pass, very cold and windy.

Basically, the food was nice, but with that price? actually I'm expecting more.

The main reason to come, I think just because some people talk much about it, not because of the location "puncak pass", since nothing special here... it just same like other area in puncak.

Anyway, nothing to loose. Just don't expect to much with the service cause its just a plain one.

Hope there's improvement on the service since it the only big restaurant in Puncak Pass. And please to management, make the surroundings tidier and cleaner. I'm sure will make people more come to go and back with nice memory.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

For sightseeing, Rindu Alam is good. But for foodie, the food is just okay.

From the restaurant balcony (and parking lot), we can see beautiful tea plantation. And if you are lucky enough, you can see the mist cover the surface, it is amazingly beautiful. The air is so fresh. Best spot to see the sunrise is the parking lot.

Unfortunately, the food is not as delicious as I expect. I believe that the restaurant offers the view better than the food.

Tips: do not forget to bring your camera.

1  Thank LubisBee
Reviewed January 21, 2013

located in the peak and surrounding by the tea garden, absolutely become the interesting to visit this resto , with fresh air and great sightseeing , become the great combination.
but for the food , its commonly, nothing special.
we look for the green view here, not the food

4  Thank Kamandanu