“Bandung” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bandung

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Sponsored by:
West Java, Indonesia
15 helpful votes
“Bandung”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2010

Bandung is the capital city of West java, a very nice place to visit, the city offers you lot of interesting places and activities to do, such as:
Relaxing, shopping, dining, hiking, sightseeing, etc.
Bandung is simply a traveler paradise, just feel free to contact me, if you need Information about Bandung, incl. tours, hotels, car rental bus rental, tour guide and other related information.
see you soon in Bandung:)

1 Thank beautiful_indonesia
Malaysia
180 helpful votes
“Factory Outlet Shoppin in Bandung”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2009

On my recent trip to Bandung in April 2009, I did not know what to expect apart from all the info I got from the internet. It seemed like Shopping was the main attraction in Bandung. Not just any shopping, Factory outlet shopping!

Bandung has over 20-30 Factory outlets and one can easily go crazy by just shopping there. The main areas for shopping are:

1. Chiampelas
2. Dago
3. Jalan Riau
4. Pasar Baru

Well, many other places and it is impossible to do everything in 3N/4D. So, best is to read up on what you are looking for before planning your trip. For example, I did not know Cihampelas was not one of those high end shopping areas. I ended up going there but not buying anything as they were too cheap. Then again, who knows that you may find something there.

My advice would be to rent a driver with a van for the entire day so he can take you to all the Factory Outlets in Bandung and you need not worry as he will wait for you while you shop crazy.

For more detailed info on Shopping in Bandung, you can also visit my blog which has a telephone number of the van driver and also places to eat with general travel tips.

Enjoy your shopping frenzy in Bandung.

Regards,
David

24 Thank infomalaysia
Manama, Bahrain
38 helpful votes
“Why do people come here?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 18, 2008

I've always wondered why people visit bandung so I went to see it for myself. Took the 3hr train from Jakarta to Bandung which cost Rp180k for 2 ppl. Nice scenery along the way but also saw the dirty part of Jakarta. Upon arrival, there were so many touts and no taxi coupon counter.

There is a lot of factory outlets here selling mostly the same things, i.e. tshirts, jeans, duvet, bedroom linen...not much else.

Transport is expensive in Bandung. I ended up taking the local bemos costing Rp5k per trip and walking the city. I must say the pavements are in really bad condition so u have to watch your step all the time or u might step into a hole in the ground.

Won't really recommend it for a relaxing holiday destination coz apart from shopping, there's not much else to do. I got bored after the 2nd day...seeing the same outlets everywhere...

6 Thank BeachLovingBanker
kuala lumpur
28 helpful votes
“Shopping - Spoilt for Choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2008

With only four days, we embarked on our mission to shop right after breakfast on the day of arrival. First stop, Dago Street. We hired a supir (driver) at RP40,000 per hour or RP300,000, for a whole day (9am - 5pm). There were many bunglow houses at the street which have been converted to factory outlets. Each factory outlet will carry different brands and styles (trendy ones if I may add), so just when you think you've found the perfect one, you walk into the next bunglow, and you might find something better. Clothes, shoes and handbags, for men, ladies and children are abundance! T-shirts and other clothing will start at RP39,000 (RM15) and decent quality handbags would start at RP195,000 (RM75++). There is also a spa on the street - Roger's Spa that offers many spa packages, hair salon and very up-scale looking cafe. Prices were quite reasonable. For a 1 1/2 hour full body massage, it will cost you RP170,000 + 10% tax (RM68++).
We were fortunate enough to have a very informative and obliging driver, Deddy, who took us to a place called Pasar Baru. It is where the locals shop. From the outside, it looks like a totally run down building. However, once you step inside, the exterior facade will all be forgotten, as there were bargains everywhere!! And bargained we did (you can bargain in most shops, but not all). It was a bit far from our hotel, but the trip was worth it!! If you're looking for textiles, they have a whole floor for it. Unfortunately, in this building, after all the walking, negotiating and shopping, there wasn't a decent place to just have a drink and get a short rest.
Another shopping location that we absolutely loved was Riau diBandung. There is a place called 'Terminal Tas' which sells bags and shoes only. Lots of choices but quite expensive. A nice looking handbag can set you back for RM120. Across the street, there are still many more bunglows. One, called Heritage, is where I found many clothing items for my children. We literally shopped till we dropped!!
In Bandung, we had no difficulty in finding a good restaurant to eat. If you have the oppurtunity, do go to Kampung Daun, if possible, for dinner. The ambience is just breath-taking. You will be sitted in small individual huts with candles everywhere, and they do serve Western food as well. Please take note that it can get a bit chilly here at night as it is situated at the top of a hill.
We enjoyed doing all the shopping tremendously, but the trip was made more memorable with the warmth and hospitality of the Bandung people.

25 Thank rinams74
selangor
13 helpful votes
“great shopping experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2008

My greatest shopping experience ever!!! it was my first visit to bandung and trust me u'll love it as much as i did...I went there lastweek with my entire in laws family . we dragged along our kids and da smallest tourist is my baby son, aged 10 months. there were about 30 of us. the trip was a bit tiring but very much worth it!!! i went there for 4 D 3N, which i found not enough to fully enjoy the great offers that can be found in bandung. Seriously.,u need at least a week to really do ur ultimate shopping in bandung If u plan to bring ur small kids along.

in my case, i brought my two kids along..they were not naughty but of course they were quite heavy..i took care of my small son while my hubby took care of our 3+ son. Shopping was a bit difficult as we need to hold our sons all the time( u dont wanna lost ur child due to ur own negligence while shoppin)...However, one way to overcome the problem is u need to be very smart and fast. what i did was i juz grabbed whatever i like coz u know wut the price is so cheap dat u dun even bother if the shirts does not fit u( worst case, of course).

we went to many factory outlets such as the Stock Centre, Heritage, Rumah Mode, Victoria , and also the Elizabeth building( local brand for great design of bags and shoes). We also went to Pasar Bharu and ICT 2, and Jln Cibaduyut( leather stuffs).
The price ranged from as low as RM 5 to RM 40 for most shirts n jeans. I bought lots of branded shirts for my kids at a very low price compared to KL. Some of the brands were Esprit, Polo, Oshkosh, Guess, and Gap. Rumah Mode has so many things to offer, and you can found branded stuff such as moschino, just cavalli, clavin klein, miu miu, burberry( men), montblanc,..etc...My hubby bought his burberry jeans only for about RM 70. as for me, i bought some clothes ranging from great brands such as, MNG, Guess, Adidas, Roxy, Calvin Klein, Abercrombie, Polo, etc....all these at a very low price! well, one of the regret i had is dat i didnt buy enough kain pasang ( for baju kurung ) at the pasar bharu. I bought only two set of kain pasang( cotton) wic only costs me RM 20 for each . it's only RM 5 per-metre wic is way too low compared to the price found in KL. I was so disappointed and sad coz i didnt have da chance to go back to pasar bharu and buy more...it's okay, there will alwaz be next time rite?!

Overall, i'm happy with my experience in Bandung but i wish we had more time to shop and cruise along JLN Dago to find more stuffs. However, the trip was great and we had wonderful time shopping together, travelling together in our Pariwisata bus, and would alwaz treasure the moments...Yup, bought Kartika Sari brownies as ole-ole( quite delicious but i think Amanda brownies may be more tastier( i'm able to taste a bite as one of the airplane passenger offered it to me while waiting for our flight)...i bought the Kartika Sari at the airport as i've no chance to stop by the outlet. Saw one there, and it was quite huge with varieties of sweet delicacies( saw it from the bus window while on our way to the Sundanese restaurant)..well, just hope i'll have da chance to go for my second visit to Bandung and i will definitely know where to head off and what to expect...he...he...learn from ur experience and u will get better .

13 Thank worldiswonderful

Been to Bandung? Share your experiences!