“The best steak house” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tizi's

Tizi's
Ranked #16 of 1,688 Restaurants in Bandung
Cuisines: Steakhouse, European
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Jakarta
“The best steak house”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

Bandung has so many steak house. One of them is tizi. Tizi is an old steak house in bandung.. tizi now located in jalan kidang pananjung as known with jalan dago. It was located in setiabudi bandung..

My favorite menu:
Appetizer: chicken soup. Their chicken soup is different. They don't use instant chicken soup. The taste is so delicious and unique..

Main course: my favorite main course is tenderloin steak. They have special french fries also mashed potato and tabasco speciality. You can choose your own salad. Mixed salad or boiled , you choose your potato, french fries, boiled or mashed potato.

Other favorite main course is schaslick.. I usually order 2 pcs..

Dessert: my favorite dessert is rhum ice cream served with fruits..

• Visited February 2013

• Indonesian first
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Old fashion”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

I'm more of an American steak guy but I am open minded to try any steak that is not soaked in sauce typical of most Indonesian steaks, and grilled so well done it became a real work out chewing them. Tizi's steak looked a lot like Tony Roma's baby back ribs with some dab of sauce here and there on the meat. Overall, it was a decent steak but definitely not on par with some of the decent steaks in Jakarta. I like their goulash soup and it's definitely an item I would order every time I come there. The serving size may look deceiving but it will fill you up pretty quickly. The first time I came here I really wanted to try some of the cakes from the bakery but never could find the room. This time I had to purposely control my intake so I would have some room left to try. I ended trying their chocolate vanilla cake but it was just OK. Still, I'm pretty sure they must have something from the bakery worth recommending and I'll be sure to try again next time.

I thought the price was reasonable but then again I'm comparing to the average steakhouse in Jakarta. One other thing that I like about TIzi is the atmosphere and especially during evening time. Its old school decor and coupled with old style cooking made it a wonderful place for a family meal or a romantic dinner. Being old fashion also bring on some outdated service quality. Not that it was terrible but they can definitely use some upgrade in appearance and demeanor.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank sayajoris
Bandung, Indonesia
“Really like their bread and food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

My aunt introduced me this place, because she used to come here with her family or friends. I love their breads and saslik. They also have a good place for hang out, because this place is quiet place and you can enjoy your me time or quality time with your lovely people.

• Visited July 2012
3 Thank miekumicumi
Jakarta
“Old fashioned, great for reminiscing the "good old days"”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2013

A friend who has gone to Tizi's since way back in the college days, took me here for the first time. The food was very "classic".... steam vegies with crispy french fries, greasy sausages and meats on skewers. Big glasses of cappuccino, tall glasses of thick fruit flavored yogurt. The building is ancient and large with furniture from the olden Ducth days as well.

• Visited April 2013
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Rather good, but long past its glory days”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I was led to believe that Tizi is quite a destination back in the days. I looked at its menus and building, and this is easy to believe. Most of the food choices offered are classic Dutch; tongue steaks, steaks with egg, poffertjes, etc. There's even a bakery, just like the old times.

But, although most of the menus are still good, they aren't excellent. And several weaknesses that usually mire other restaurants, like soggy french fries, steaks not tender enough, also plague Tizi.

The place itself is quite a cozy one to hang out in. With such close proximity to the main road, it's surprising that the place still feels homey and relaxing.

Quite a good nostalgic value to offer at Tizi, but don't set your expectations too high for the food.

• Visited August 2012