The main reason I tried the camping ground in Sari Ater, because it provided decent facilities and I wanted to give a new experiences for my children. since there are so many things to tell I will make it concise.
The Pros :
1. The facilities was very complete for the whole Sari Ater complex as a resort for the family.
2. The fresh and cool weather around was refreshing.
3. The tent was used was very descent, even though the outside weather was very cold, but inside the tent was warm and comfortable.
4. Friendly and helpful staffs.
5. Clean, well maintained landscape with beautiful views.
6. Well equipped amenities even inside the room.
7. Variety of Food and Beverage outlets inside the compounds.
8. The hot water spring pool inside the compounds.
The Cons :
1. The poor and terrible reservation/ booking systems. I had to call more than 20 times, even though I already made a full payment, to get a confirmation. If one staff had confirmed my book, the other staff would said it was not confirmed yet. I happened for the last 2 weeks before I came. I just needed to be sure, since the location was not sure. And the reservation staffs was not helpful at all.
2. Couldn't sleep at night. I didn't know should I be grateful or complaining about this. The location of the tents were adjacent to the river. The thundering noise of the water was terrible, as if it was storm raining.
3. Make sure your bring a lot of cash. The restaurants put too high minimum limits for the credit card usage, even higher than the places in big cities.
4. Over priced food prices, almost the same as the 4 stars hotel prices.
5. The very rocky and bumpy road to the camping ground location, even though the management provided the shuttle vehicle from the camping ground to the main facilities complex vice versa, but still we had to bring the car the the camping ground for the safety issues.
My pros and cons are for the considerations only, it everything was fine for you, it is worth trying. As I found out that I was very lucky since during the weekend and holiday season this place would be packed crowded like tunas in can.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Sari Ater Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sari Ater Hotel Bandung