“Outstanding scenery, standard food”
Review of Kampung Daun

Kampung Daun
Ranked #16 of 2,140 Restaurants in Bandung
Cuisines: Indonesian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 29, 2014

The view and landscaping are very outstanding, very clean air with cool breezes (it could get colder), but too bad I cant say the same about the food, the food were standard (not to mention about mosquito...). Still, I'm having a great time with my family, and will be back from time to time (my wife said "It could be romantic")

Write a ReviewReviews (1,689)

Reviewed July 28, 2014

Very romantic restaurant nestled up in the hills of Bandung. Don't be put off when you first enter, it looks a bit kitschy with the Disney style food stalls and stores, but once you get into your private cabana/hut in the back,you'll see the charm. There's a candlelit waterfall that runs through the open air setting. I ordered from the Sundanese menus, delish! We sat near the beginning of the restaurant, and service was pretty fast. No alcohol. Cost was under Rp200,000 for two to try a little but of everything (drinks, 2 mains and some starters) I liked it because we weren't bothered by young kids during the lembaran holiday.

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

It was a new experience for me to dine in a hut at tree top height. The food was very delicious, and we had a great time relaxing there after lunch. We will be back soon!

Reviewed July 20, 2014

A bit of a drive up the mountain outside of Bandung, but worth the drive. We went in the evening, so I can't comment on the scenery getting there, but the grounds of the restaurant are charming and unique. Our table was outside, nestled near a stone cliff with a small stream, torches, cool breezes and greenery. The food was very good, especially the grilled fish, which is local, and the ginger tea with coconut shavings in it (spicy, warm and soothing). All the local dishes we tried were delicious. Yes, the place is a bit touristy, but that what we were, so it's o.k. Prices seemed reasonable. Throughout Indonesia it seems the menu prices were amazingly low compared to the USA, even at the finer restaurants. There are other good dining choices in Bandung, but this place seemed unique and so if you want something different and have the time to drive about 1 hour outside of Bandung central, then I recommend it.

Reviewed July 20, 2014

Paid a visit for a birthday dinner at Kampung Daun. I would say the journey from the town to the place is quite far. But, it is worth!! We are impressed with their concept for seating. There are a lot of huts built in the restaurant like a village. Every group will get their own hut and enjoy their private moment without disturbance from others. The local delicacies served are good!

1  Thank Po Yi C