“Used to be better”
Review of Kampung Daun

Kampung Daun
Ranked #9 of 1,877 Restaurants in Bandung
Cuisines: Indonesian
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

This is one of my fave place to take a friend or family whenever in bandung area but lately the standard of services is declining.

Maybe caused so many people gone here now but I don't think that's the reason to drop your service quality right.

The place was great, so close to nature and so cozy, but it does take sometime for them to prepare the good for us.

The food is good but nothing too special, but the ambiance is great. It's a good place, better place back in the day but now I prefer other place which have better service quality.

Reviewed July 27, 2013

kampung daun is such a romantic place where we find a lot of gazebos for eating place.
the food is mostly the local food.

1  Thank YvonneAY
Reviewed July 21, 2013

I was here last year on the week before my wedding. I had my entire family w me and this place was recommended to us by a friend. Upon arrival, it looks like an ordinary hillside cafe, but as you walk deeper, its got bungalow after bungalow of places to sit eat and relax. We all did JUST THAT! Id definitely recommend this spot to anyone looking for a unique dining experience and if you by chance are in the area, and want to take a date or that special someone to some place nice, this is it! cheers!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

If you like to dine out in a beautiful natural place, Kampung Daun is no doubt offering you a spectacular dining experience. Located in the hills, it is surrounded by the green, where you can see rainfall among the leaves, the river n the sound of water flowing between the stones and of course, the cool air touches your bare skin. I used to go there to recharge my mind and soul, but it was long time ago. Now it becomes very popular among the tourists, both domestic and foreigners. During the holiday seasons it is so crowded and the waiting for a seat could be very long and... boring. I miss the old Kampung Daun, I really do.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

It is always the setting of Kampung Daun that wow the visitor... and so it was with my group of family members who were first timers to Bandung and Kampung Daun. However, for me personally, the novelty has worn off.

The street shops selling snacks and souvenirs and lining the path, were interesting, especially the traditionals snacks... and the 'bon-fire' features on the approach always do it for me. But I find that the service standards of Kampung Daun have dropped.

The wait staff was impersonable and unattentive. I was given order forms to order my food, with no accompanying menu to show me what I am ordering. When I asked for a menu, my group of 10 was given only 1 to share, with the explanation that it was holiday period and that the kitchen could only serve those food on the order form! I was quite speechless to say the least.

Anyway, food was served promptly. Our nasi timbel was good, but the rest of the food was average overall.

I would still bring first time visitors there, just because of the setting.... but there's definitely better-tasting and better-value eateries in Bandung city, or out in the hills.