“Brilliant and well executed concept!”
Review of Kampung Daun

Kampung Daun
Ranked #9 of 1,949 Restaurants in Bandung
Cuisines: Indonesian
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 10, 2013

This restaurant is not just an ordinary one. It has a big area of dining locations, starting from small huts in the ground and going up unto the hillside of the small mountain. You have to go here!

There is one handicap, though. If you want to go experience to eat on the hillsides, it is better to come at afternoon, about 6 pm and then go down at 8 pm, or else it would be quite tricky to go down because of limited illumination. Well, to have the romantic ambiance, what else do you expect unless few and dimmed lights? :)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,596)

Reviewed January 9, 2013

I went there with my parent , we ordered satay and oxtail soup. The oxtail soup remains warm until i finish the food because they use jelly to keep the fire burning under the pot :)
The price is a bit overpriced if you compare it to the other restaurant for the same menus , but..it worth all rupiah With all greeneries, cool mountain breeze , and park stones . They provide you pillows on private gazebo (in indonesia we call it saung) so you can relax or even take a nap after having meal.
I will go back there again and again...

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Kampung Daun has the good ambience as well as the food. However, the staff of kampung daun, especially the reservation staff is not acceptable. It was raining quite hard when I arrived and had to make reservation on the spot (reservation by phone is not acceptable). After 30 minutes, my name was called but when standing in front of the receptionist, she was busy with something else... I need to tell her that she has called my name then she gave the number of gazebo I supposed to sit. When I asked for an umbrella, the answer : no more umbrella... when I asked for direction, the reply "go straight and to the right"..it is such a big area, after going right then I was standing in the middle of open area..yeah...what next ??? Luckily there was a waitress passing by and I called her then insisted that she had to show me the way...under the rain...finally, after taking 10 minutes walking up to the hill, then there was my gazebo...What did the receptionist think.??? a new customer can find the correct place..under the rain...no umbrella...and expecting the guest to be satisfied ????

Reviewed December 21, 2012

After visiting Tangkuban Perahu Volcano, its a must to stop by Kampung Daun for lunch. The surrounding is so scenic, cool and green. The foods are delicous and you must try the bebek.

1  Thank roy r
Reviewed December 17, 2012

It is so relaxing to have your meal by the small stream and surrounded by greeneries. Don't have to wait long for the food to be served. The food is tasty and price is affordable.