“International offering of good food with nice Bandung view; delicious Zuppa Zuppa” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Valley

The Valley
Ranked #8 of 1,688 Restaurants in Bandung
Good for: Special occasions, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Families with children, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Utrecht
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

We took a Sunday lunch with friends in The Valley, at the north east edge of Bandung. The menu offers a wide variety of food, many international choices. We took the local one: Oxtail and saté. The oxtail is delicious. You get a tablet with a variety of ingredients and the oxtail very well prepared, served on a hot stone.

But the highlight was our starter; the Zuppa Zuppa. The Valley seems to offer the best Zuppa Zuppa in West Java, and I strongly believe after tasting it.
The strawberry juice was very good. No sugar, very pure.

The view over Bandung form the terrace is nice, but not very special.

Service is OK but not so warm.

For Indonesia The Valley is relative expensive. The atmosphere is not so intimate. It is quite a long drive from downtown Bandung to get there.

The Valley is quite a large spot; large inside and outside area - the terrace with Bandung view. The view is nice but not spectacular.

• Visited February 2014

• Indonesian first
Singapore, Singapore
“Great ambience, nice overview, cooling but.........”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Great place for newly weds and for couples.....great view.we had a nice dinner there comprising salmon steak, chicken rice and so on..... the food is of great taste but its costly.for this kind of a food ,where u can get this in good class hotels in bandung city, not that expensive.but overall just for an experience and to get the mood of the cool breeze over a candle light dinner, i would not mind paying as i dont get to see such nice places in my country..Recommend to go during the day as u can have a good clear view.during the nite ,it would be a bit foggy.

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Great View with Great Taste Restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

We went there for a dinner at Saturday Night.

We ordered Veal Ribs BBQ for our main course. It's quite expensive, but its portion can be share for 2 persons. The taste was excellent and it can make us full.

Restaurant athmosphere and its view was very great and there's a live music too. What a lovely romantic dinner can be.

Its lack just about waiter service. I think their service just like a regular restaurant, and it's under my expectation. Another slightly bad experience was it's very crowded at Saturday night, and they arrange their table one with another.
Otherwise is good.

Overall it's nice to have romantic dinner here. Surely recommended and make me back here again.

Odessa, Odes'ka Oblast', Ukraine
“the place looks good but its pricey and not worth it”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2014

I went during the day and although my friend said that it is much better to go during the night (for the view) me and my boyfriend were hungry and wanted to check out their food. I gotta say the place looks fancy, but the food wasn't that good at all and it was expensive. When I took a look at the menu and the prices, and my surroundings (and the service) I was expecting amazing food. The pasta wasn't that good at all...you know a restaurant is good when they know how to cook pasta. They put way too much stuff on the plate (I got pasta and I had a huge side of fruits/veggies going on in the plate) maybe to compensate for the food that is just okay, nothing special. I guess I'd go there only for the view, not for the food.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Overpriced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2014

Basically the place is awesome - looking to the Bandung basin scenery. So you don't pay the food - you pay the view. So if you like view over taste, this is the place to go. For me, it's just too pricey for average traveller.

Visited September 2013