All reviewsparis van javarumah modepvj mallwalking distancefactory outletnice decorationcomfort bedhotel is locatedbuffet breakfasthot showerexecutive roommini marketnice poolcomfortable hotellocal foodjayataxi
Reviewed September 20, 2011

My friend & I stayed here when we decided to extend our stay in Bandung for an extra night & our driver suggested that we stay here. The hotel is quite nice, with numerous cultural & antique items on display around common areas throughout the hotel, which adds a nice touch.

This hotel has all the trappings of a regular 3-4 star hotel & our room came with equipped with coffee/tea making facility, hair dryer & a TV with 70+ channels. The bathroom looked as though it'd been renovated - the bathtub was removed & replaced with a nice shower stall. The view from our window was most pleasant - the pool & its prettily landscaped surroundings.

Breakfast, of mainly local fare, is included in the room rate.n the whole, this is a pleasant & reasonably priced h otel. However, despite being just a short walk from the somewhat swanky Paris Van Java (PVJ) mall, there is really nowhere else to go to within walking distance & you will need to either call for a cab (which the hotel would gladly assist you in arranging) or hire a car.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Overall, our 3 day/2 night stay was OK. Location was the main attraction; Paris Van Jaya Mall is just 5 min walk away, 2 great massage centers are just next door- Zen and another 1 which I forgot the name. Food is also easily found, from high-end restaurants (in the Mall) to nearby mid range eateries.
The hotel deco is impressive, especially love the antiques displayed around the ground floor of the hotel. Service wise, we must thank the helpful staff from the bell service. On the day we arrived, there was a heavy rain. All of us were already very hungry since it was way past lunch time. So when we asked for recommendation, the service staff recommended to the restaurant next door and even sheltered us there using the hotel unbrellas.
However, besides the above, there is not much to say about the rest. First the water heater for the shower did not work well; if you set a stronger water pressure, the water temperaure would be too hot; if you try to adjust it to a lower temperature, the water pressure would become too weak. Hair dryer was provided only upon request. Sound proofing was so bad that our sleep were interupted several times during the night when people talked outside the coridors or when doors were openned/closed. Even the sound of showering from next room could be heard. Breakfast was OK, but the coffee was unbelievably diluted it could pass off as water
Anyway, with the price we paid for the room, the cons are still acceptable.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 25, 2011

When I arrived in Bandung, planned to stay in this hotel for entire trip but cant wait for sunshine to move to other hotel. The hotel is ok but a bit far out from everything, the closest is van java which is abt 20 minutes walk.. The traffic outside the hotel is crowded .. Tge hotel is located in sort of housing area.. Not really my kinda hotel... This is my personal view, ok.!

• Stayed: February 2011
2  Thank shakeyshawn
Reviewed July 8, 2011

We stayed in the new wing of the hotel. The room was fresh and clean, and we really liked the thought that had been given to making it comfortable. We found the staff very friendly and helpful. And - surprise surprise - the minibar prices were not the standard ripoff rates, but more like I pay every day in the supermarket. There was also a good range of choices (mainly Indonesian) for breakfast. One small problem was that no one showed us to the room or helped with our bags, and we had to find the room ourselves. We got lost in the old wing first. Despite this I would definitely stay there again. it would be perfect if the rooms had (free) internet connection.

Room Tip: The old part of the hotel looked tired - but the new part is much, much better,
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 6, 2011

I had the opportunity (haha) to experience both the good and the bad because this hotel is currently under renovation. Basically if you are housed in the block which has undergone the renovation, then everything is fine. We stayed in the triple room which house a king sized bed and a twin/single bed. The first night was a nightmare because we were housed in room 420 which is in the older part of the hotel. Although the room is acceptable though old, the toilet was a nightmare. It was dirty and smelly. You can even hear creaking noises from next door or was it the toilet above.

After complaining the next day, we were moved to the newer wing and it fits all my requirements i.e. both triple occupancy room with a connecting door. Toilet is new and I do agree the shower stall might be small for big people but it was ok for me and family.

Since I was actually travelling with a group of 40 people (an office trip) I did check out the experiences of others. From my understanding, this hotel has very very limited rooms with double beds. So, if you are travelling in a big group where they are mainly couples or families, you have to communicate your needs carefully and precisely if you require rooms with double beds. Most of my friends even couples are housed in rooms with single beds.

Facilitieswise, they provide a swimming pool but more like a pond as it is very small. Breakfast, I think ok for Asians and other visitors who wants to taste local food only but with very limited spread. If you have kids expecting cereals for breakfast, this is not a place to be.

Overall, if you are singles, then this might be a good place to be as it is near the happening Paris Van Java. If you are a family, make sure that you book the triple room. I suppose when it is all fully renovated, gone will be days of smelly toilets and all..so maybe when you booked , make sure you get the newly refurbished rooms.

Service was minimal (we had to lug our own bags maybe because we checked in late and there's so many of us??Maybe) when I was there but they were very very polite when my travel agent and myself complained.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for the new/refurbished rooms!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family