“Nice place for family.....”

Galeri Ciumbuleuit Hotel & Apartment
Ranked #87 of 232 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed at this hotel in March 2012 for work visit, now we are staying with the whole family. Booked thru the internet and upon check inn the room is not available. They upgrade the room and we just stay one night. Again, the three rooms and two bath with kitchenware is really nice. But only microwave is available no stove. Breakfast is good though the spread is limited.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank shane90

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I was lucky to have stayed during the fasting month as the hotel give a considerable amount of discount for the room without changing the standards. Room was clean, staffs are nice, the breakfast was plentiful and moreover the room facilities are complete. overall i'd say that the room rate deserved to be $20 more than what i paid.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Ryuta I
Reviewed July 16, 2012

I recently stayed here over a weekend in one of their Grand Suite rooms. We decided to try this hotel as it had an apartment for five persons. Being weekend and a last mintue get away, most other places were already full so I booked this through Agoda. I wouldn't say it was particularly cheap but it was cheaper than their own website anyway.

The hotel is relatively close to everything providing you have a car, if not you have to rely on Angkut and taxis and the traffic in Bandung can sometimes be terrible so be mindful of that.

Check in was reasonably quick, I got the impression that the staff were just going through the motions but they were exceptionally busy at the time.

There are only three lifts which is the biggest bugbear of the place, they take forever and especially in the morning you need the patience of a saint to deal with it. We waited over fifteen minutes one morning to be able to actually get in the lift, I'd almost given up hope and was going to use the stairs for eleven floors it was so frustrating.

The suite, was pretty much as described by the previous reviewer. I can only describe it as spartan, furnished to the minimum. The shower flooded every time you used it, I got fed up with that and cleared the drain of gunk myself which solved the problem.

There is construction going on outside the hotel and whilst it is not overwhelmingly noisy, it is an annoyance, particularly as they seem to go from 6am until at least 10pm, this coupled with the local Mosque doesn't give much leway for a lie in.

Breakfast was above average, not much choice on the Western front, but plenty on the Asian side of things but that represents the demographics of the guests.

I'm not sure if I would stay here again, maybe yes after the construction is finished but there is so much choice of hotels in Bandung that there is always room to try somewhere new.

Room Tip: Check which side of the building you are allocated due to construction outside.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank hz88
Reviewed June 26, 2012

In the middle of June i and my friends had a field study in Bandung. And our tour leader booked us in this hotel. this hotel is an apartment hotel. so the deluxe class is a studio room. the superior suite is a unit with 2 rooms. and grand suite is a unit with 3 rooms. me and my 4 friends stays in grand suite with room number 1010 which is 3 bedrooms in a unit.

such a nice room. feels so homy. a main bedroom with kingsize bed. a room with twin bed. and a rom wih single bed. so it can be occuped for 5 occupans. 1 bathroom in main bedroom, an 1 bathroom for 2 other room. there was a kitchen with dispenser, microwave, and refrigerator. also there was a living room with set of sofa, table, LCD TV, and dining table. There were 3 balconies in our rooms, in kitchen, living room and main bedroom.

unfortunately not all of balcony can be opened for the sake of safety.of the occupants. but you can call the room service to open it. but outside of hotel which is the opponent of my room are in the construction. so the balcony were so dusty.

in the lobby you can find a minimarket that open till 10pm. it was so helpful. and at the outside of hotel you can find a local resto de lomboenk.

we were so satisfied with the breakfast. they were provide various kind of breakfast. there was local food (oncom), friedrice, noodle, sereal, porridge, bread, assorted pasty and cake, assorted fruits, pudding, tea, coffee, juice, and mineral water.

Worth it what you pay
and if you want to have a fresh air in the morning and chill in the night, i recommend this hotel

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank ismailHasan
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Booked the room through bandungvaluestay.com and liaised with SanSan. Clinched a great deal, which is half the hotel price per room. Booking was pretty smooth through emails & she was very prompt in replying my queries. The only hassle is you have to make a bank transfer to pay the 50% deposit of the hotel stay but I bet it's better than to pay more through hotel itself, we paid around SGD$47 per night for a Studio room, SGD$95 per night for a 2-bed room. Saved a lot on accommodation for those 6 nights in Bandung! However, there's a price to pay. Room cleaning is not included & you have to pay should you want your room to be cleaned every day. I was lucky to get 1 complimentary room cleaning for every room that I rented since it was a group booking. Cleanliness of the room is just average. No complaint about the toilet, kitchenette but the floor & tv console was a bit dusty perhaps because of the construction going on just opposite of my hotel room. Those who stayed in the rooms facing the hills didn't face this problem though, mine was facing the pool.

A few of us had stomach flu during that trip. Not confirmed if it could be the food that they ate at one of the eateries at Tangkuban Prahu or just the virus lingering in the hotel itself. My daughter and I had it on the 2nd day, we missed the outing to Tangkuban Prahu while the rest got it right after the trip to TP one after another. Before the trip, a friend who went to the same hotel did told me about her family members infected by food poisoning so I was pretty choosy about the eating place but just unlucky to get it first while the rest got it a few days later. Luckily, my 1 year old daughter recovered after we rushed her to the children's specialist at Dago. For most of us, the diarrhea continued until we were back in SG.

Throughout the stay, I didn't use the pool at all so no comment on that. The hotel provides spa & massage service. Didn't try the spa but the traditional massage is fantastic!

Didnt expect so much from the hotel guest officers since we didnt go through the hotel. They were not so helpful when I told them that I had dropped my blouse and it landed on the balcony below us. Didn't get back my blouse even after telling them many times.

• Stayed: June 2012
2  Thank enay e
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We only spent one night in this hotel.. I plan to stay in this hotel again the next time we come to visit Bandung. The room is spacious and clean. We had a two bedroom apartment, which gave plenty of space for the kids. The main bedroom had a king size bed, the smaller bedroom had a single bed. The staff were all friendly and helpful. Breakfast was average. The variety of food was limited, but I think they have tried to give something good for the guest. I think they can make a lot of improvement on the food for breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 4, 2012

The hotel is clean and tidy but its quite small for standard room and the bathroom is quite tiny. Its value for money for sure.
Front desk was polite and friendly, very straight forward, no further questions. But the checked in process is quite slow. It's a convenient stay, not far from shopping or eating places.
The breakfast is pretty standard, nothing really special. For food, we didn't eat in hotel's restaurant, we had local favorites for lunch and dinner.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family