1,213 results
All reviews braga street bedroom condotel pasar baru living room shopping mall nice hotel breakfast spread family stay swimming pool easy access strategic location recommended hotel many choices local food hotel is located front office bandung city
Reviewed December 21, 2010

Dear : General Manager - Senior Sales Manager - Banquet Staff Aston Braga Bandung
I had a great time visiting. Thank you very much for the hospitality and Thank you for your
incredible service of our event. Your commitment and professional pride in your work is exceptional and truly appreciated.
Your assistance made the day that much more of a success. We highly appreciated for you and your staff during we spend our business at your hotel, pak ..Keep a good work

Rudi Arifiien
Managing Director
Creative Destination Management, pt.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 28, 2010

We stayed at the Aston Braga in August for 4 days with two adults and an 8 year old. It was during Ramadan and was not too busy. The location is good in the city center, best i can tell. The rate was great for a 2 bedroom suite with kitchen. There was a special "breakfast" buffet in the evening, because of Ramadan, and the cost was only about $5.50 per person. 'Had a small problem upon late check-in without reservation but the young lady at the desk called the booking agent at home and got us the rate that we were told earlier in the day. I met the manager and his family in the restaurant and his nice, friendly attitude carries through the whole staff there. He gave us his card and when we were leaving he saw us and even offered us his car to take us to the airport, but we already had a taxi. The suite was nice and I thought large for asian standards. I forgot to ask for non-smoking but they have a whole floor for non-smoking. The hotel is not new, but I really had no complaints. My daughter enjoyed the pool, but in Bandung, remember, it is more cool than what I call standard tropical climate.

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 5, 2010

1. Smooth sailing from concierge to reception during hotel check in. Good english speaking and attentive staff there.

2. I was there for 3 nites at level 6 which is a non-smoking floor/level. First nite was good there, but on the 2nd nite I smell cigarettes smoke coming into my room.(at about 10 pm). On the 3rd nite, I had to call up reception desk to check out the situation along the hall/alley/corridor way. Before that I have already check out the corridor and I know which room is the culprit. I was disappointed as no one call me to tell me whether they have rectified the problem. I had to suffocate in my bed and cover up my whole body with the blanket. I even found a half burnt cigarette on top of the bathroom wall.

3. I book the hotel massage package for a massage at 9.pm on the last nite i was there. But the massager did not come to my room. Bad services on that. I was anticipating a good massage before going back my country.

4. The hotel has no greens around.

5. BANDUNG is a beautiful city but with an underdeveloped infrastructure. If they want more tourist to come there, I would like to suggest that they do something about the road condtition (its a bumpy ride all the way) and my goodness no proper traffic system.
I was terrified seeing motorcycles weaving in and out and kids (as young as 3 years old) selling flowers in the middle on the road.

6. FOOD- its not too fantastic to talk about although I went to all the places recommended by friends and trip advisor. But relatively cheaper.

ANYWAY BANDUNG IS A SHOPPING HEAVEN.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank coppertone23
Reviewed February 27, 2010

I stayed a night at the Aston Bandung and was pleasantly surprised by the experience. The staff were professional and helpful and the room which had been described as microscopic in previous reviews was as big as you get in a typical 4 star hotel in the west. What's more was it was clean, had good amenities and is close to the cafes and bars of Bandung's bustling old town. Bandung can be traffic prone so the good location of the Aston made it a real find. And the buffet breakfast was great, thought it served up a host of Javanese classics and not the Sundanese food I was hoping for. That said, I still came away full. On the negative side, there is no gym and the pool was little more than a puddle and you have to share it with 9 other families.

Unlike what you'll read elsewhere, I found the massage at the Aston to great and at a princely 180 Rp for 90 minutes, it was great value. In fact, I would say it was the best massage I received in all of Indonesia. And they come to your room! You can't say fairer than that.

All in all, a nice, affordable and quiet gem in the heart of Bandung's decaying old town. I would recommend it single travellers, couples and families.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business