It my first time trip to Bandung with my family on 16 - 19 Dec 2010. Aston Braga was very nice hotel at it range. Very nice view and service. I stay at 2 bedroom apartment. Very clean, good maintenance and comfortable. Staff very polite & helpful. Check in & check out very fast. Very easy access to Braga Walk but main access to the hotel lobby is through the basement parking. Hotel just above a shopping complex. The best thing, for our last night stay, we went to watch cinema at Braga Mall. From my apartment, we just go to the lift and press 2. When the lift door is open, there you go, the cinema. The most easy access to cinema in my life.
Breakfast is good, variety, combination of modern and local food. But, the only things that for our 3 day breakfast, the menu is almost the same. Just little bit change here & there. But overall it ok. The pool it also ok for my kids.
I rent a car + driver for 3 days (i think it the best way to travel in bandung) and suggest Pasar Baru for shopping. 8 floor shopping arcade mostly for textile product. There's a lot of F.O (factory outlet) like Secret, For Men, Heritage, Rumah Mode and others mostly at Jalan Dago & Jalan Riau and Chimpelas for jeans. Dont forget to go to Tangkuban Parahu, the very scenery volcano.(there's a charge for entry).
For lunch & dinner, Bandung well known for 2 type of restaurant - Padang & Sunda. Padang is like nasi campur (buffet) in Malaysia and sunda restaurant is order+cook (ala-carte). The food is tasty but i dont like the juice drink cause most of it have funny taste and texture. FYI, food price at sundanese restaurant is expensive. But it's ok if you want to give a try. Get local cake at Kartika Sari to bring home (it very famous). Go stright to its factory and not outlet. More variety, fresh and not crowded. For my friends at Malaysia, I get them local tit-bits like kerepek Belinjo Pedas (local chips). Most of them said its very delicious & tasty.
Next time if i come back to Bandung I will make sure to stay at Aston Braga but no kids. Reason, Bandung is mostly for shopping and just a little bit of leisure. For kids just bring them to others place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aston Braga Hotel & Residence is a four-star hotel property, located in the central of Bandung and adjacent to the shopping arcade of Braga City Walk. An average 20-minute drive from Airport, 5 minutes from Train Station, 20 minutes from Rumah Mode Factory Outlet, Cihampelas and Dago Shopping distance, will ensure you that we are in a strategic location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Aston Braga Hotel & Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Braga Hotel Bandung
- Aston Bandung Hotel Residence
- Bandung Aston