Stayed: 3rd - 6th April 2014.
Room: 610 & 611 (twin/double bed superior)
Group: 30s couple, 60s couple, 20s teenage.
We landed 9am local time.
1/2hr ride on Avanza cost us idr150k from airport to hotel.
Entrance to the hotel kinda funny, when it shows Favehotel Braga instead.
Its actually a basement parking entrance to 3 places. Aston, Favehotel, BCW.
Hotels’ pick-up & drop off point is a basement parking.
Bellboy helps us with our luggage as we proceed to the lobby located on level 1.
Room wasn’t ready, so we settle all the paper work & deposit idr1mil at the counter.
Out to shop at the “nearby” Pasar Baru Trade Ctr & were back at he hotel 10mins before 2pm.
One room was ready so we head up to the room. When asked about our luggage, I was shocked that the staff had no idea about it. We were requested for our luggage tag, which wasn’t given to us in the first place.
Rm611 – city & swimming pool view!!!
10mins later, our luggage arrived.
5mins later, another room is ready.
Rm610 – city view!!!
Both rooms are spacious, not thoroughly clean, equip with almost all the necessity except for iron & board, hairdryer & a full-length mirror. Only mirror is in the bathroom.
Super small wardrobe & almost impossible to remove the clothes hanger. No hotel directory or information book in both room.
Extra bed cost idr300k +++ inclusive of breakfast.
Door seems to be a major problem here. From difficulty in closing (able to hear neighbor slamming), door without locking latch, neighbor’s doorbell that is too loud & access card that requires replacement twice.
Wifi is free.
Housekeeping is good, room is made, towel changed, amenities top-up every single day.
Laundry within a day is cheap.
Staff is very helpful & pleasant.
Swimming pool is about 10m long with 1/3 for children.
Breakfast is OK. A mixed of local & international fare. Minimal changes on menu everyday.
Since Hotel is located along Jl. Braga… many shops nearby to get food, water holes, karaoke & cinema.
Cab ride cost around idr12000 by meter from the hotel to Pasar Baru Trade Ctr or Jl. Riau factory outlets.
Checking out is a breeze.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aston Braga Hotel & Residence is a four-star hotel property, located in the central of Bandung and adjacent to the shopping arcade of Braga City Walk. An average 20-minute drive from Airport, 5 minutes from Train Station, 20 minutes from Rumah Mode Factory Outlet, Cihampelas and Dago Shopping distance, will ensure you that we are in a strategic location. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Priceline and Expedia so you can book your Aston Braga Hotel & Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aston Braga Hotel Bandung
- Aston Bandung Hotel Residence
- Bandung Aston