“Aston Braga overview”

Aston Braga Hotel & Residence
Ranked #25 of 232 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Stayed with group in 3 bedroomed suite from 25th to 27th January 2012.

Quite happy with overall condition but some upgrades necessary, Sofa set need
changing to sturdy set and provide latest TV sets. Single bedroom need a cabinet to
store clothings. Toilets are in good condition except that housekeepers must use more
cleaning to eradicate slime. Wash basin in pantry should also be thoroughly cleansed.

Breakfast provided was acceptable with wide variety of local and western selections.

Generally concierge and housekeeping response were up to standard and efficient

For family, this type of rooms are most convenient and inexpensive.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank suyt
Write a ReviewReviews (1,168)

Reviewed February 4, 2012

stayed here for 2 night almost 2 years ago. got a free upgrade to a small suite apartment so it was a big room with separate small kitchen and dining room, living room with television, one small single bedroom and one master bedroom. the room that I stayed had a balcony attached but too bad could not even open it up. talked with the housekeeping staff they told me that it was designed like that. i did not complain though. service was so/so or average. this hotel is good to those who like Braga and its environment since the Braga shopping mall is located below the hotel. breakfast was pretty good. good for families and children.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank travelingmadam
Reviewed January 31, 2012

I'm agreed with some of the traveller commenting the front desk doesnt really looks helpful although they do give a good smile to us. We ask one question they answered us other matter and twisting things around. We requested our arrival will be early in the morning hence we wish to check in earlier as we having 18 big luggage with us. But sad to say, we had waited from 12pm to 2.30pm only managed to check in 2 of our apartment (we booked 3). And we being located to all different floor and also smoking area. Best is, our luggage only reached to us at night after we had our dinner outside. That's hilarious!

Other staffs are good especially the one answering our email enquire about the airport transfer. But, all the staff in the hotel seems are very unsure about the airport tax, we asked 4different person and we got 4answer. Now we know the airport tax is actually rp75,000 not rp100,000 nor rp150,000.

The apartment do looks nice and comfy. We had a coling aircond but bad bathroom with water leakage from the bath tub. Its happened to all 3 apartment we booked. Reason from the maintenance department -> The shower designed at different sizes with the tub, hence water runs around the bath tub side and causes the leakage. =.=!

Breakfast are good as it has large variety for you to choose. I love their muesli and waffles.
Hi-speed of wifi at lobby is a good choice but not available in the room.

Cleanliness need to be improved. We got bad air ventilation whenever we go back our hotel every night. The room are dusty and the floor are not swept although room services done everyday. Towels not replaced with new one and also the toiletries.

The hotel lobby is hidden underground, no place for our bus to stop and we need to pay for the taxi we booked by the hotel concierge. Why is the lobby so mystery and hidden?

Room Tip: Ask for non smoking area (17th above 0. And taxi by meter charged to airport can be book at the con...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank coolblue2071
Reviewed January 17, 2012

Location - a shopping complex within the vicinity, easy access from the hotel.
Near to Pasar Baru - about 10 minutes walk. We would like to specially thank Mr Imant Setiawan, the GM Aston Braga Hotel & Residence, Bandung who answered our emails before our arrival and explained the hotels' policy regarding the provision of airport transfers.
Breakfast- food variety and tasty.
Front counter staff were not really helpful and not pleasant when queries were made. Generally the other staff such as the room service and food and beverage department were polite and courteous.

2  Thank seri02
Reviewed January 11, 2012

The location doesn't offer any special places of interest.It is true it is located in the historic road of the city, but since the street was always jammed, the condition of the street were very bumpy, and unmaintained conditions of the old buildings surrounding, it became pointless.
To get a parking space around the hotel is another problem.They had not huge but deep and deep parking space which is far and far away from the hotel lobby.
The lobby, well I couldn't tell where the lobby was.It was quite small and packed.
The room were okay, which was no much to complaint about, but it was quite worn out, which meant that maintainance was quite necessary.
The decoration quite simple and boring, and old.
The staffs were quite helpful and friendly.
The restaurant were good, with many selection of foods, which was the strong point of this hotel.Quite recommended for dining in.
On the side of the restaurant there were very tiny swimming pool, which I consider the children pool (which was not)
The hotel was integrated with a shopping mall, but please don't expect anything from the mall.It was quite deserted and nothing to see and enjoy,.only empty shop booth and almost bankrupt stores.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I had my Christmas holiday spoilt during my stay in this hotel. Initially I booked for 2 nights (2 bedroom apartment type) and I found the sofa very dusty and dirty. There is/are bug(s) on the sofa and I got bitten in several places by those bug(s).

Reported to the hotel and they did nothing. I had to stay 2 nights without daring to sit on the sofa, I can't really enjoy handing around the living room with my family but when we forced to.. we choose to sit on the floor instead.

The furniture are old, the room interior sucks. This really doesn't worth for my money.

In the end I had to extend my stay in Bandung and my wife reluctant to move to other hotel as we brought lots of things. So I talked to the one of manager and I must request myself to be shifted to other room. After few hours inspecting all the room then they decided to give me the most "proper room" (base on their standard). But when I moved there, I had the similar type of apartment and same type of sofa. I was too tired to argue with them so I just asked them to cover the sofa with bed sheet.

No apology, no words when I checked out.

1  Thank hanselzen
Reviewed January 5, 2012

The location is perfect for a family trip for a grup with age range 0 - 65 years old as my group :p,... the teenager can catch up movies in the cinema connected to the hotel.... those who loves coffee will adore the Braga sorrounding as the have some coffe corner.. the baby and toddlers can see movies at the lounge while the mums can sip up their coffees... for meals we just go down stair to the mall for various food stall just across the entrance gate to the Braga City Walk
Considering the traffic jam for the year end period, we are safe and happy just staying in Aston Braga . We use the 2 bedroom and 3 bedroom apartments so the family gathering was even more merrier in the dining room while the kids watching the TV