“Disappointing”
Review of Novotel Bandung

Novotel Bandung
Ranked #20 of 231 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed February 2, 2013

I went back to stay at my usual Novotel Bandung Hotel but was faced with a very disappointing experience. Service staff appears very friendly and they are BUT i dont think they pay attention to what you request for. They need to re-look at their food offering. At lunch i decided to order sop buntut (a very popular indonesia dish) but the waitress told me they have ran out. So i ordered Nasi Goreng which took 15 mins to arrive and wasn't good at all. After a day of meeting, decided to have the dinner buffet. Offering was measly, (very unlike of an Indonesian hotel) quality of food was low in standard. Next morning had the breakfast buffet, offering was slightly better but low in quality. My room was decent, clean but the water pressure needs to be adjusted. Time for a upgrade Novotel Bandung ! When i returned from my trip i received an email from my A-Club saying that I was downgraded ... bad timing for this email. hmmmm.

Room Tip: suggest you look at other hotels ... if you need to stick with Accor group of hotels, try the newly...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank saxonewoon
NovotelBandung, General Manager at Novotel Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear Mr Saxonewoon,

Warmest Greetings From Novotel Bandung.....!

Thank you for sharing your experience on this online forum. We learnt important lesson from your input here. We do really apologize for your inconvenience during your stay with us. We will take some improvement on this area. However, we also want to inform you that the Sop Buntut or Oxtail Soup is a bit hard to find the import quality of the oxtail. Because we do really want to get the excellent quality for the oxtail.

We are now in upgrading the speed of the water pressure. It will be appreciate if you could inform me the room number where you stayed with us to my email directly at gm@novotelbandung.com. We will try to assist you for the information of your AClub which you mention downgraded. Because once you a member of Silver or Gold, you will at that level. It will not be downgraded. So, please if you can explain to me and I will be happy to assist you on this matter.

Many thanks again for the feedback we certainly hope the incident above will not deter you not to come back and stay with us again, as we do expect that we may show you a different hospitality then the last enexpected service you've experience.

Marak Setiadi

Write a ReviewReviews (1,329)

Reviewed February 2, 2013

In all fairness, the rooms are nice. However! The restaurant was HORRIBLE! We had dinner and I ended up with food poisoning! I couldn't believe that food was out in the open...and unheated!! The soup was cold. Most of the other dishes were cold. I got sick. I spent the night throwing up in the room. Was so dehydrated I was forced to open a bottle of water from the mini-bar after going through the other two TINY bottles provided. Even though it was cheap, they charged me for it even after I told them I got sick from dinner. Stupid is as stupid does, I made the same mistake the next day and had breakfast...MISTAKE! Had nothing but the porridge, and should have known better because it was not heated either!! Back in the room, only to throw it all up again. Have had enough of this place. Will not be back, will not recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Lots of other hotels in the area...don't risk getting sick here. You can do MUCH better. One n...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Kelvin W

Dear Mr Chunkysaurous

Warmest Greetings From Novotel Bandung....!

We appreciate your constructive feedback and to have spare your time to share it to others about your bad experience while you stay with us. We do apologize to hear that you have such uncomfortable stay. We listen to every single comments and do our best to follow up for improvements. I very much regret that you didn't inform us directly when you got food poisoning at that night, because we had Doctor Clinic who would be able to solve your sickness.

Many thanks again for your feedback we are very sorry for what you have been through and hope you will give us a chance to regain your confidence by staying with us again in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly at my email address gm@novotelbandung.com

Reviewed January 29, 2013

we were there for only 2 nights and wished we could have stayed longer! the room was beautiful and comfortable. every person we dealt with, from the front desk to housekeeping to room service was polite, courteous, and helpful. i highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr Satriadi

Warmest Greetings From Novotel Bandung.....!

Thank you for recomending us and taking the time to provide us feedback on your last stay with us. I am happy to see you enjoyed our hospitality, facilities and services.

My team and I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Novotel Bandung some time in the near future.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

i stayed from 18 - 21 january 2013.
having a wonderfull time

service is good and friendly

room quite spacious and clean (i got non smoking floor)

location is really nice

tip : when you need a taxi ride
make sure to ask certain taxi service because there is some that love to ripped you off.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
NovotelBandung, General Manager at Novotel Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Dear Ms ingrid_una,

Warmest Greetings From Novotel Bandung......!

Thank you for your time to give us the feedback or review during your stay with us. We share your feedback/review with all our operating team during the morning briefing. It's definitely a mental boost for our staff to serve better. We are happy to hear that you had a fantastic experience while staying with us.

We do hope to have the opportunity to welcoming you back again with us soon. Do let me know should you want to stay with us again.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Three nights in this hotel absolutely having great experience, especially at breakfast time. From all hotels I've been stayed the breakfast absolutely great. Because i went too bandung for some works so i can't write my experiences about hotel facilities.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
NovotelBandung, General Manager at Novotel Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Dear Yosua H,

Warmest Greetings From Novotel Bandung....!

Thank you for your positive review and taking the time to provide us feedback on your stay with us. I am happy to see you enjoyed our breakfast on you 3 days stay with us. We couldn't expect more than a big thank you for your positive feedback. This would definitely encourage our staff's spirit to explore the best possible way to continuously providing the best breakfast at Novotel Bandung.

Once again, thank you for your positive feedback. My team and I hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back at Novotel Bandung in the near future.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed January 19, 2013

We came to the Novotel Bandung because I stayed there a couple of years ago on a business trip and kept it in mind as a beautiful hotel. Train and bus station is almost in a walking distance, by taxi you shouldn't pay more than 15,000 rupiah from the train station. This time we arrived early in the morning instead of the afternoon but this was no problem for the crew of the hotel. 15 min later the room was ready. The room was nice and spacious, the beds comfortable. The TV offered a large variety of local and international channels. The quality of the breakfast buffet is very good.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
NovotelBandung, General Manager at Novotel Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2013

Dear Mr Robtraut,

Warmest Greetings from Novotel Bandung....!

Thank you for taking the time to provide such positive feedback on your stay with us and thank you for your loyalty to come back again with us. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and to see our team made such a positive impression on you.

We will do our utmost to continuously perform our best!.... and your comment, definitely encourage all our staffs to strive for perfection. We look forward to welcoming you back again son.