“First time in Bandung for my children”
Review of Novotel Bandung

Novotel Bandung
Ranked #21 of 231 Hotels in Bandung

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (130)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed January 20, 2012

I found the hotel in a good condition, the room and the bathroom are clean, the bed is very comfortable and the room quite spacious. Btw internet is also coming free! I really appreciate this compliment. What I found not so ideal is the location of the hotel. You always need a taxi to go everywhere. There is nothing around the hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled solo
NovotelBandung, General Manager at Novotel Bandung, responded to this review, January 29, 2012
Dear Spiderweb1977,

Warmest Greeting From Novotel Bandung.....!

Thank you very much for your positive comment on Novotel Bandung especially related with the cleanliness, spacious our room and our free WiFi. In term of location, it's true that we are not walking distance to factory outlet, but it's really convenience in avoiding the traffic and it's not far away if using taxi or personal car.

At Novotel Bandung, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Once again, thank you so much for your review and comments on our hotel's facilities and services. We hope we have another opportunity to serve you again at Novotel Bandung in the near future.

Sincerely yours,

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed January 15, 2012

The staff and service were excellent. They did not hesitate to go the extra mile to make our stay memorable! This was a big contrast to our stay at the Novotel Jakarta. I will definitely come back to Novotel Bandung but not to Novotel Jakarta.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,

It's truly our pleasure to read your reviews and feedback. We share your very positive review in our morning briefing. We are happy to hear that you had a fantastic experience while staying with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Bandung soon.

Depok, Indonesia
Reviewed January 15, 2012

I usually booked suite on my two previous Novotel in China and Vietnam. But I decided to book only superior on premier floor in Novotel Bandung since I still have some room upgrade certificate from Accor Advantage Plus which still unused and would be expire on two months.

I read from previous comment on December 5, 2011 in tripadvisor that the upgrade vouchers couldn't be used but I could use them easily. I emailed to the hotel that I would like to be upgraded using the room upgrade certificates and both of my room were upgraded to Executive at the Premier Floor without any problems. My tips for other Advantage Plus member, if you would like to use your room upgrade certificate, it's better for you to inform the hotel in advance since the hotel still has some spaces to upgrade your room. Imagine if you inform it during your check-in, and the hotel is full. The only thing you would get is disappointment. The reservation staff also told me that the hotel only has one executive room on each floor so both of my rooms would be placed on different floor so if you book executive room, you couldn't have connecting room.

When I was arrived at the hotel with my family, we felt warm and welcomed by the concierge staffs. When I would like to check-in, I saw there are about 4 or 5 persons on each line. But since I stayed on the premier floor, I don't have to queue instead I went directly to the Premier Lounge at the 3rd floor.

The check-in process at the 3rd floor is comfortable since we could enjoy afternoon Hi-Tea (it was already 4 pm during my check-in). The staff also remembered my request (to be placed on the highest floor). The staff even apologized that the room on the highest floor is unavailable during our stay, so we were given on the 7th and 9th floor.

The afternoon Hi-Tea at the premier lounge is very nice with some pastries, hot and cold light snacks, juices are also provided. Unfortunately, when I returned on 7 pm to get soft drinks, I found out that the premier lounge didn't provide complimentary drinks for all day. It would be nicer if the hotel provides ... at least a fridge to store some soft drinks and juices for premier floor guests. I remember that Novotel Beijing, Sofitel Macau, Sofitel Saigon, and club lounge in hotels of other hotel chains do the same, and hopefully that Novotel Bandung would do the same in near future. ;)

The breakfast is very good. I loved the variety of the buffet breakfast which caters both local and international tastes. Tortillas also provided during my stay and I loved it!!

I read that the Executive room size is only 32 meter, equals to superior or deluxe in 5 stars hotel. But I was suprised to see that the room looks bigger than it should be, I think that the room arrangement is very good so the room looks bigger than the actual size. It has dining table along the chairs and there's also sofa bed in the room. The only disappointment is the hotel only provides one amenity (soap, body lotion, shampoo, even toothbrush??) for each room. When I asked to the housekeeping, they told that it's the hotel policy. Well, it's the first time for me staying in Novotel in Indonesia but I felt that other lower grade Accor properties in Indonesia (Mercure, Ibis, and allseasons) provide two for each room. I hope that the hotel would provide two rather than one, especially for toothbrush.

When I was check-out, I asked the concierge staff to order taxi to the train station for me but I was surprised when I was asked my room number. I told him that we are from 718 and 918 room. In term of five minutes, the concierge staff approach me and told that the hotel cars (Nissan Livina) is available. I told that we didn't order hotel car but the concierge staff told me that it is complimentary for us. Wwow...very nice. I knew that the complimentary shuttle service is only for guests coming from airport and not train station. I think that it's nice compliment from the hotel for guests staying at the premier floor.

Overall, I love Novotel Bandung since ALL of the staffs that I met are friendly and special mention to Ms. Fitri from reservation dept, Ms. Gian - Guest Relation officer in Premier Lounge, and Concierge team for sure. Perhaps adding a fridge in the premier lounge and two amenities for each room would make Novotel Bandung perfect.

Room Tip: Book premier floor; check-in was fast and no queue! The snacks provided during afternoon tea also de...
4 Thank virtualaris
Dear Virtualaris,

Warmest Greeting From Novotel Bandung.......!

Thank you for your kind detail review and feedback on your experience stay with us. I am pleased to see you enjoyed our services, quality of room in size, easy upgrade for Advantage Plus Member like you, our varieties of breakfast, our Hi-Tea services and the firendliness of our staff. My staff were extremely delighted to hear your comment as we read it during our morning briefing.

I couldn't expect more than a big thank you for your positive feedback. This would definitely encourage our staff's spirit to explore the best possible way to continuously providing a unique experience to our potential future guests.

Sincerely yours,

Jakarta
Reviewed January 10, 2012

I always stayed in novotel where i go travelling. I think novotel give best price with comfortable place and location. Last time instayed in bandung the place is conveniently place in the heart of the city, parking is effortless and spacious. But the turn down is the room door is not silent enough, when we still asleep in the morning @ 7pm, we can hear very clearly some kids running around in the isle and banging the door of our neighbour, unfortunately we are in the same days with a large family whose stayed in several rooms, so in 6.30-7 in the morning they banging each other room for breakfast. Also the swimming pool are tiny, not small.. Tiny.. Well, we stayed in the hotel just to have a rest, dont need to swim, its just a small dissapointment of my 4 years old daughter. The other are flawless, nice staying in accor group and definetely will come back later to any accor hotel in the world.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
NovotelBandung, General Manager at Novotel Bandung, responded to this review, January 15, 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest Greeting From Novotel Bandung,

It's truly our pleasure to read your reviews and feedback. We hope you had such pleasant holiday during your recent trip to Bandung.

We look forward to welcoming you back at Novotel Bandung soon.

Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed January 7, 2012

Our family stayed in this hotel for four nights. We took the junior suite room on a premier floor. It was a spacious room with huge kingsize bed, sofas (two of them), a recliner (very comfy), and a pantry. Service were very friendly, and the premier floor has its own lounge for breakfast and high tea. The swimming pool is quite small though, but for young children, this doesn't seem to matter much.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
NovotelBandung, General Manager at Novotel Bandung, responded to this review, January 9, 2012
Dear Mr Hindra,

Warmest Greetings From Novotel Bandung........

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback on this forum. We are happy to hear that you have a fabulous stay with us. Your comment will definetely lift up the spirit of all our staffs here. For your information, that we just setting-up the new sofa for our Junior Suite and free wifi at the room. Novotel Bandung will keep maintaining and developing for our product and service to satisfy our guest s stay with us.

Once again, thank you for your positive feedback and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back again.

Perth, Western Australia
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I stayed here approximately 12 months ago and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. I found the staff helpful and friendly. Great service, clean rooms. I enjoyed it enough that I am staying again in a couple of weeks and will try to provide a more comprehensive review at that time.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
NovotelBandung, General Manager at Novotel Bandung, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Dear Mr Immortal_82

Warmest Greetings From Novotel Bandung.....!

Thank you for your kind review and feedback on your experience with us. I am pleased to see you enjoyed very much with our cleanliness, our great service, and our hospitality. This feedback will definitely a mental boost to all our staffs to continuously do our best to serve better.

Once again, thank you so much for your review and comments on our hotel's facilities and services. We will do our utmost to continuously perform our best!.... and your comment, definitely encourage all our staffs to strive for perfection. We hope we have another opportunity to serve you again at Novotel Bandung in the near future.