“Pleasant cozy hotel”

Ranked #58 of 226 Hotels in Bandung
Semarang, Indonesia
“Pleasant cozy hotel”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Staying in hotel Arion was really enjoyable! Especially as I was there during December festive season. The nice decoration makes a good atmosphere as wel as the friendly staff welcoming us.
The good location close to the airport and shopping area makes our stay in Bandung complete.
Clean and clear room is most important, what you can find in Arion.
Direct access of the restaurant makes the place nice and cozy, this you also can see at the lobby area with open space access to outside.
Finally, it is awel recommended place to stay!

Room Tip: Bathroom and it's amenities can indicate a hotel
2 Thank Angki H
Iman012, General Manager at Arion Swiss-Belhotel Bandung, responded to this review, February 14, 2013
Dear Angki H,
Greetings from Arion Swiss-Belhotel Bandung.
I would like to extend my sincere gratitude for taking the time to share the experiences of your recent stay at our Hotel.
We are happy to know that on most aspects we have been able to fulfill your requirement, You found the hotel was closed to Airport and shopping area that’s correct, our hotel was closed to Pasar Baru the most shopping place for local and Malaysian guest. It is walking distance just across the train station using the bridge and get it. Thank you for your recommendation to stay at Arion Swiss-Bel Hotel Bandung I do hope that you will pay another visit to Bandung soon and looking forward to welcoming you again at our hotel .
Yours sincerely, Iman Wahyudi, General Manager, Arion Swiss-Belhotel Bandung

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Bekasi
Reviewed February 6, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel during December holiday season 2012 and had a comfortable stay. I browsed the online booking site before choosing this hotel, and though I must say it wasn't my first choice (my original hotel choice was sold out), I wasn't disappointed by my decision to stay at this hotel. Though the room did not have a great view (people's house with laundry airing in the courtyard!) but the room was clean, nicely cool, and comfortable. The only downside is they don't provide bathtubs, just showers. But they do have hair dryers, which were helpful. And even though we had our own laptop and gadgets, but with two kids, a personal PC in our room really did help kids occupied when the parents really needed to rest after a long day of sightseeing and shopping in Bandung! :) The wi-fi was reliable too, and when my kid had trouble with the PC, the technician on call was helpful and able to solve the problem in no time.

The staff at the reception was friendly and processed my reservation efficiently. We were given free-drinks voucher to be cashed at the bar on the same day, but we didn't have the time to go to the bar and enjoy the drinks. I would suggest the management to just prepare the drinks upon arrival, like other hotels do, or kindly let guests order the drinks to be brought up to their room.

Another plus is the breakfast. We really did enjoy the wide variety of food, drinks, and juices. The egg stall is great, they fill up our orders of omelets quickly and efficiently. I had a special order of omelet and the chef recognized me the next day and promptly cooked my omelet the way I liked it without I even had to ask because she promptly said: "Onion, cheese, and ham only, no veggie, Ma'am?" :) It was a very thoughtful service and one I would always cherish.

If there was one thing to complain about, it was the pool. I saw the picture of this hotel pool on the internet and I thought the pool was big. Disappointingly, the pool was located on top of the hotel roof, very cramped and small, and there was nobody (the pool attendant) standing by, so I had to go around the premises looking for some towels. I did not recommend this hotel for guests with kids who are bent on swimming. Fortunately, the weather was not so good during our stay, so the kids did not really complain about the pool since they couldn't use it anyway.

Overall the hotel was comfy, and I recommend it for those of you whose purpose is to enjoy the city, not the hotel, for there are not much to offer by this hotel except the nice, comfy beds and the good breakfast.

Dear Monika Dwi,
Thank you for your recent stay at Arion Swiss-Belhotel Bandung as well as your review for our hotel. Your comments have been noted and forwarded to employees concern. We thank you for your recommendation to stay at Arion Swiss-Belhotel Bandung and it made us more confidence to forward our standard service to all guest. You found that the hotel was nice, comfy beds and good breakfast but your room has no bath tub; for information that bathtub was set up in Junior Suit and Presidential Suit.
Once again thank you and we are very happy to serve you again at Arion Swiss-Belhotel Bandung soonest.
Zeist, The Netherlands
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We travelled to Bandung by car, but arriving by train you'll find this hotel at walking distance from the Bandung train station. We arrived at the end of the day (low season) and we had a good bargaining for a superb room on the 1st floor. Although builders were building a new hotel next to it, you could not hear this from the room. We had a superior room which was large, great beds and a pool on the top. You can get great food in the restaurant, but also a McDonalds is available in Bandung (we went there by cab). Make sure to go for the massage, an hour and a half by hard female hands for a little price! We came here after the night track to the top of Gunung Gede and it was great recovery here for 2 days and nights.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Sander D
Iman012, General Manager at Arion Swiss-Belhotel Bandung, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Dear Sander D,
Thank you for your recent stay at Arion Swiss-Belhotel Bandung. It is pleasing to read that you had an enjoyable stay and that you found the hotel to your liking. I also like to thank you for your comment in regards to our food at Swiss Café and also your review about our massage. Once again thank you and we hope that we will be your preferred choice for accommodation on your next visit to Bandung.
Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

We didn't really spend that much time at the hotel, but we always looked forward to coming back to the clean, welcoming beds. We stayed at the family room and it was really comfortable for the four of us. However on the last night there the room opposite had a bunch of students staying over celebrating somebody's birthday, and it was really noisy and made it difficult for us to sleep. They must have had more than 20 people in that one room.

The breakfast also has a good selection of authentic Indonesian dishes that we really enjoyed. The staff was pleasant and helpful, although nobody came to our room to have a look at the safe that wasn't working despite saying they would.

The location was also really convenient. The hotel is smack dab in the middle of the city, but it was designed in such a way that you really didn't feel it.

We had to check out very early because of our flight, but the staff offered to pack our breakfast for us to eat on the way to the airport.

Overall it was a very pleasant stay and I doubt that this will be our last stay there.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Deets A
Iman012, General Manager at Arion Swiss-Belhotel Bandung, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Deets A,
We thank you very much for you staying with us while being in Bandung, and we are very pleased to read your review and experience in our Hotel.
We do apologize for the inconvenience cause and we will do better to avoid this happen in the future.
We as well thank you for the time you took to write your review. For us guest opinion is the most precious source of information and it gives a clear vision of what our guests are expecting.
Please be sure that your review has been warmly welcome by our whole team and we are stay focus to consistently improve our services and facilities.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again very soon at Arion Swiss-Belhotel Bandung.
Sorong, Papua, Indonesia
Reviewed January 26, 2013

A small old hotel, but this hotel still in good shape. Room are clean neat. Services good with all the employees hospitality. The price are great. The best part is this hotel was strategic place, you can reach almost bandung's holiday places less than an hour. Near to airport and train station.

2 Thank Yosua H
Dear Yosua H,
Thank you for your recent stay at Arion Swiss-Belhotel Bandung as well as your review for our hotel. Your comments have been forwarded to all employees and it made us more confidence to forward our standard service to all guest. You found the hotel is closed to train station, airport and also Bandung’s holiday place. It also closed to Pasar Baru the most shopping place for Local and Malaysian guest. It is walking distance just across the train station using the bridge and get it. I do hope that you will pay another visit to Bandung soon and we are happy to serve you again at Arion Swiss-Belhotel Bandung.
Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

Im stayed 3 nights ini this hotel, room quiet big, and the staff are friendly enough.
But for the cleaness in the room so poor, the bathroom looks creepy, very untidy dan messy around.
The breakfast very poor, so sad i cant ate any breakfast for 3 days, many bugs on fruits area,
When is told the staf, they just smile and do nothing, the big problem when i got flies in my cup of guava juice .. Make me feel sick . And once again, the staf just smile , do nothing ..

Overall is just a standard hotel not international hotel ...

Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Petrus ariyanto Y
Iman012, General Manager at Arion Swiss-Belhotel Bandung, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Petrus Ariyanto Y,
Thank you for your recent stay and review of Arion Swiss-Belhotel Bandung. Your comments in regard to your stay are well noted and we will strive to improve our services and facilities of the hotel and to ensure that we can do better in the future. In particular you paid attention to the food of breakfast, the cleanliness of your room and bathroom. We will improve on the above points.
Once again thank you for your attention to Arion Swiss-Belhotel Bandung and I do hope that on your next trip to Bandung you still choosing to stay with us.
Yours sincerely, Iman Wahyudi, General Manager, Arion Swiss-Belhotel Bandung.
Manado
Reviewed January 10, 2013

It was last month on my way back to Jogjakarta from Malaysia, I had to take a transit stay in this hotel after 4 hours delay in LCC airport Malaysia. I found the hotel is not far from the Bandung Airport and located in the prime business area. My first impression was when I arrived, my room key was prepared already and it made the check in process was so efficient. The room was spacious and clean so I could enjoy my deep sleep. May be I was so exhausted and the bed was so comfortable that I woke up late on the morning. I rushed to go to the restaurant downstairs to have breakfast. The waitress was quite efficient and friendly and trying to be proactive in delivering the service. Overall, I did enjoy my stay in this hotel and will recommend my colleagues to stay there when they are in Bandung

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Elwas
Arion-Swiss-belhotel, Public Relations Manager at Arion Swiss-Belhotel Bandung, responded to this review, April 18, 2016
Dear our Valued Guest,

We would like to thank you for your interest to our hotel as your residential place to stay in Bandung and we do appreciate for your reviews about our hotel service. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused to you. We do hope that you would give us the opportunity to improve our service by returning to Arion Swiss-Belhotel Bandung during your next visit.

Warm regards,

Iman Wahyudi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bandung
Swiss-Belexpress Kuta
#36 of 226 in Bandung
Golden Flower
Golden Flower
#30 of 226 in Bandung

Been to Arion Swiss-Belhotel Bandung? Share your experiences!