“Good location, nice room(s)” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel California Bandung

Hotel California Bandung
Ranked #31 of 224 Hotels in Bandung
Copenhagen, Denmark
“Good location, nice room(s)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

We stayed for 8 days at the hotel, and managed to slept at 3 different room. We got an upgrade to suite, so it was nice. First two days, we stayed at room 615, with 50% of the walls are windows, big glass windows from the ceiling to the floor so you had very good view of your surrounding. We loved it. Unfortunately, the AC kept tripping, made us had to stay in a very warm room for 2 days, despite the technician had come and checked our AC, twice! Day 3, they moved us to room 515, the location is the same, in the right corner of the hotel, and with same big glass window. The view was still amazing, the road, and the other hotel, Novotel on the right corner. Initially we booked for 7 days, but extended it in a good time, few weeks before we visit the hotel. But, the front office seemed to be suprised when I said that we had an extra day, and told me on the 7th day that unfortunately the 515 were booked by a big group, and they had to move us, AGAIN, for the third time. This time they gave us room 312. Room that ends with 12 located just across the room that ends with 15, just not facing the street, and the view is not splendid. The view is the roof of the surrounding houses and the hotel roof, and the windows are not big to the floor. I missed the big glass windows. That was our last day, so we just bear it. It is really unpleasant to keep packing your stuff and moved from one room to another.
The staffs are friendly, even though not too personal (i.e. they do not refers you with your first name, or even know your name, I guess). I took a breakfast for muslim during Ramadhan before fasting started, so I had breakfast at 3am-4.30 am. The choices of food are sad. Normal, only 4 foods served. Rice, noodles, vegetables, fish/eggs/seafoods, plus some daily soup, which are okay. Plus some fruits. Only when I accompanied my husband to have breakfast in the regular hour in the morning that I know, they have much wider selection in the morning. They even serve fresh waffle. I find that disturbing. I mean, surely they can check how many guests are having sahur breakfast and how many are having regular breakfast to provide better selection. They can asked this during check in, but no. The selection of sahur breakfast for 8 days I stayed there, were poor.
I love the location though, the shopping malls are within walking distance (10mins walk), and there are many choices of small public transports from the front of the hotel. The taxi also available and very cheap. On the last day, they gave me free ride to my shuttle bus. Which was nice.

Room Tip: Choose the room that ends with 15, the view are wonderful
      Location
1 Thank Lia J
HCB20132013, General Manager at Hotel California Bandung, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Lia J...

Thank you for choosing and share your staying experience at Hotel California Bandung!

Your feedback is highly appreciated and will assist us in further upgrading our guest services and facilities.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back to Hotel California Bandung to enjoy another wonderful experience with us.

General Manager Hotel California Bandung

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Indonesian first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2014

Absolutely Comfortable guest rooms, Clean superior in all and Care services by friendly staff team members..! Acceptable location. Stayed for 2 nights in 2 good ideal size of Deluxe rooms with completed bathroom amenities. 'Start Me Up' with Delicious fresh breakfast and sufficient combination quantity served by the f&b team at the Brown Sugar Cafe, plus a succulent cocktails with nice easy music entertainment at Penny Lane. Hence, a sincere, humility and kind heart GM. Certainly, will recommend this hotel to all my cousins / family and business colleagues. In next visit, surely will be back to stay here again as the pleasant and satisfaction experiences we had. Excellent..!

Room Tip: Deluxe Rooms in the corner ~ on the med / high floor is well recommended
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Albenay T....

Thank you for choosing and sharing your memorable experience at Hotel California Bandung on Trip Advisor.

It’s such a pleasure to know that you’ve had such a lovely time at our hotel, enjoying our product and our hospitality.

On behalf of all staff here, I look forward to welcoming you back and to enjoy another wonderful experience with us

Best Regards,

Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Access to the hotel is very convenient, close to the circle K if you need something to buy. The room space is quite spacious and there is a very large window so we could see out very clearly.
The cleanliness of the rooms is very good, bathroom completeness such as soap and shampoo etc. very inadequate.
The breakfast menu is quite varied with a good taste. The waiters in the restaurant quite swiftly reload thinning foods.
Unfortunately this hotel has minimal parking space for guest, but the hotels provide free valet parking.
Check-in time is quite long and the anticipation by the hotel by provide a welcome drink for guests.
Overall I recommend this hotel for a place to stay in Bandung.

Room Tip: higher floor have more beautifull view
1 Thank Terra Tilottama A
Dear Terra Tilottama A...

Thank you for sharing your positive thoughts about Hotel California Bandung during your recent trip to Bandung.

I am delighted to know that you liked the room, bathroom amenities, and breakfast menu.

We look forward to seeing you soon.

Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2014

Less than half the price of an equivalent hotel in Jakarta. This near new hotel has good size rooms, is very clean, with friendly and very helpful staff. Buffet breakfast was included in price and was the usual East/West combination. Can get food in the same space, Brown Sugar cafe, for lunch or dinner or have as room service for the same very reasonable price. Excellent beds and linen. Good wifi connection. No pool or gym. Highly recommended.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
HCB20132013, General Manager at Hotel California Bandung, responded to this review, July 16, 2014
Dear UbudBaliRichard_L...

Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay at Hotel California Bandung on TripAdvisor.

We are glad to see that you are generally satisfied with our rooms, facilities, new design and services of the hotel.
Your comments are great encouragements for our teams to continue improving themselves to give excellent service to our valuable guest.

Looking forward to see you soon and can feel our Hotel California Bandung experience again for your next stay.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Best location in Bandung. Near airport. Near shopping center. Nice staff. Big room. Good wifi connection. Delicious breakfast menu. My complaint only for parking area. Overall, very satisfied with their service and facility. Will back on my next trip

Stayed June 2014
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014

We chose the Hotel California for our extended family trip in Bandung and stayed between 19-22 June 2014. As we had seven rooms between us, some with couples, and others with young families, we had between us deluxe and suite rooms. Personally, I was in the suite room on Level 6 and i must say, the spacious and clean room made it so easy for us (2A, 1C 10yo & 1C 4yo).

The daily breakfast wasnt with lots of variety but good standard of food and replenished rather quickly,

I really want to highlight the service and attentiveness of the staff at the hotel though; Dina, the GRO was really such a pleasure to see each morning and from co-ordinating the airport transfers to the birthday surprise for my little nephew, it was just so appreciated. Also, the Concierge was also very friendly and always with a smile. The service staff at the restaurant are always smiling and it is really a pleasure to stay at the hotel.

Oh yes, for a sunday morning, there was also a clown entertaining the littles ones and giving out balloons. Nice touch!

So from all 21 of us, young and old, we truly enjoyed our stay at the Hotel California, and like my daughter said, we will be back- again!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
      Location
2 Thank dst2926
Bali
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Recently staying in this hotel for 2nights, I booked Suite Double and they give me room #515 which is really good. High floor, nice view from the window and quiet, all is meet with my request.
I love everything's in this hotel. It's such a beautiful and good hotel, nice bedroom, wifi connection always on, the staff was friendly and awesome, the service was excellent.

I was order and taste their favorite menu 'Sandwich' as my room service menu. The Sandwich really good, yummy and the price is still reasonable.Also don't missed for order Tiramisu as well :) and it's quick.being served in my room at that time.

The hotel location was close to everywhere, bedroom are spacious and clean.
All is good, I had pleasant stay in California Hotel. Can't wait for comeback again to stay there.

Don't missed to booked their 'sandwich' with price around IDR 55.000 the taste really yummy, reasonable price for the menu room service and quick :)

Room Tip: Suite Double #515, High Floor - Double Bed and has nice view and enough sun in the day :)
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo