“California Hotel Bandung BEST!”

Hotel California Bandung
Ranked #39 of 226 Hotels in Bandung
Putrajaya, Malaysia
“California Hotel Bandung BEST!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 10, 2014

Kami bermalam di Hotel California Bandung pada 6-10 Februari 2014. The room super awesome..!!!!!!! Bersih, Wangi, kemas dan cantik. Kami disambut baik oleh Cik Dina and all staff very good. Tak lupa juga F&B was good!!

Thank you Dina, thank you California Hotel Bandung! Pasti datang lagi!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

I had a breakfast and ordered an omelet, poor me the chef did not prioritize me and after i am finish with the main dish, she asked me whether I still need an omelet. I said no, because I have my desert now. That's all my impression about this hotel. Nothing more.

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed at Hotel California at second week of January. We arrived at lunch time and got the room right away, the check in process is fast as I booked directly to the hotel. I was left alone at the room as my husband had to go for a meeting. I was very sick at that time, so I just stay in the room, had to order food but the food turn out just okay, not so special (or maybe because I was sick to eat any food).

The room is very clean, quite spacious with long desk and working chair. Also a coffee table with 2 chairs. The bed was very comfortable, the room use wooden floor and has tea/coffee making facilities, fridge, etc. Everything working properly. I really like the room as it has large window and feels comfortable.

Too bad the parking space is limited as at night we came back after dinner we couldn't get space inside the lot and has to park outside the hotel.

Breakfast was standard, I have no complain about the food, everything is just ok. Check out process is fast.

Overall, it is recommended as the location is also close to cafes and center.

Too bad they dont have swimming pool, it would be very good if they have swimming pool, a rooftop pool, probably?

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Kiki K
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

Last week, we had a weeding party to attend in Bandung, then we searched hotels via Trips. We amazed with the rank no 5 in the Trips. My favorite hotel the Padma Bandung, not even can climb to be no 5. So we gave a try.

We booked through booking.com, that in fact the cheapest, it only rp 500.000 ($40) for a room with breakfast. It was cheaper through booking.com than go straight to the hotel website, or by calling them.

In fact the hotel staff was so attentive. They followed up our 'early check in" request and called us to confirm the arrival. The hotel was in the intersection off famous Cihamplas and Wastukencana. Small hotel with catchy name Hotel California, after the song of Eagles.

Then the check in was smooth. The concierge were goods, show the Bandung/Sundanese hospitality.

The room was adequate for that price, since it was clean and spacious for two person. But the window cant be opened to feel a fresh air of Bandung. It is a 3 star style hotel with good service.

The only things I don't like, was the Wastukencana road where the hotel is located, it is one way road, hence if you don't familiar with Bandung, it is hard to find, and not easy to navigate.

Therefore. I suggest the hotel make its own map to show its location and surrounding point of interest.

I recommended this hotel for the its value.

Room Tip: Upper floor to see the famous Pasopati Bandung bridge and Tangkuban Perahu's mountains
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank NGHC
jakarta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

modern and minimalist style, all staff are welcome and the important thing is this hotel is clean.
unfortunately this hotel dont have a swimming pool for kids, Twin Bed Room, the size of bed is small. hotel breakfast is complete enough.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank budyaw
Edmonton, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2013

it was my 1st time came to Bandung, I've never been to this city before and I picked this hotel because the name sounds great, I was expected maybe the hotel would be great as hotel that I ever been at California. the area pretty nice, near the shopping center so it really help me to refreshing and find some gifts for my fellas. this hotel has non smoking rooms which I really love. even though this hotel has no swimming poll but it wouldn't be matter because the staff and the taste of the food really nice, just like Mrs. Dina that really helpful to tell me about everything even she told me the really nice restaurant in this city. well that was a really nice and pleasant trip to this city, Bandung as they called flower city, they're really as nice as flower!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Jimmy F
A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

As the hotel is new (been told it was just opened in August 2013), the facilities and furniture in the hotel room is new, beds are comfy, powerful showers and room is fairly spacious (can fit in an extra bed in the deluxe room). Cleanliness is top notch & service is friendly & efficient.

Breakfast is provided & have a good spread. Even the a la carte food is 5 star standard & reasonably priced. Try the steaks which is so much cheaper than in Malaysia.

The location of the hotel is nearby the Riau area which is known for its factory outlets. A good Sundanese restaurant, Riung Sari (good food & cheap price) can also be found there. All within 10 to 15 minutes walking distance. Get the hotel staff to advise you on the public transport (angkut) to get there.

The only setback is the towels provided by the hotel is too small. I think it's meant for children. Hope the hotel change this to adult size towels.

Last but not least, be careful of taxies who cheats passengers by not using the meters & charging exorbitant fares. Hope the hotel staff can always caution guests and advise them on which taxies to use and avoid.

For me, if I were to visit Bandung again, I will definitely stay in Hotel California.

Shahril Muda & family,