Padma Hotel Bandung
Ranked #1 of 231 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed August 12, 2014

The hotel was absolutely perfect.
We arrived a day later than planned because of extreme traffic, and therefore the hotel was willing to move up the check out time for two hours, so we could at least get some sleep and enjoy the hotel's facilities.
The room itself was great (though we booked a room for three people and there was only a very large double bed in there, and just two towels..), big and clean.
The breakfast buffet was really good as well, with fresh fruit juices and typical Indonesian food made whilst you were deciding on what to eat. We decided to go a la carte for lunch, which was again really good, both the Western and Indonesian food.
However the best thing in the hotel is probably the view. Everywhere in the hotel the amazing view over the jungle can be enjoyed.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded August 18, 2014

Dear Liekebos93,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I am happy to learn that you have had an enjoyable stay and that we contributed, to making your experience at Padma Hotel Bandung a pleasant and memorable one.

On behalf of Padma Hotel Bandung, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for another stay in the future

Kindly regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,864)

Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is really good with its amenities and great service from the staff. The manager Ludy was always responsive to my emails and made sure all my requests were met. Kudos to you. I feel the entire team at Padma are well trained and are very welcoming.

The room is spacious and the bathroom is very clean and practical. Aircon was fantastic and it was no trouble connecting my HDMI to the tv as the maintenance guy ws over to hook it up in an instant when I called.

The pool is ver inviting amongst the hills in the background. It is really very serene. Only let down was that it closes at 6pm.

Breakfast was plentiful and good quality. Tasty treats were everywhere in the breakfast area. The afternoon tea the hotel offers to all guests was an excellent touch, usually only clubs guests get this privilege.

Overall, a wonderful property that is really worth thr reasonable rates. Special thsnks to Ludy whos is very accommodating and to the entire team, Thank you!!

Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Dear Kavind_Bala,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

It’s such a pleasure to know that you’ve had such a lovely time at our hotel, enjoying our food, view and our hospitality.

I would like to inform you that pool is close at 6 pm for children and 8 pm for adult

On behalf of all staff here, I look forward to welcoming you back and to enjoy another wonderful experience with us

With best regards,

Reviewed August 10, 2014

Visited the lovely hotel in 2013 for company's lunch & teambuilding only. Haven't been able to forget the beautiful scenary and the view of the pool from the restaurant since then. Finally got to return and stay here for 2 nights during a short holiday break in Jul'14. It was a wonderfully right choice!
3 of us booked a premium room w extra bed located at level 4, overlooking the swimming pool and a forest view surrounding the hotel. We could even see fireworks from far for the Hari Raya celebration!
The great service started from the complimentary airport pickup to the hotel; When we reached there, the PR manager was already there waiting to greet us. All the staff were polite and you will always see them greeting you with a smile.
Given that the room wasn't ready for check-in yet, we went to the restaurant for lunch first. The PR manager was so nice to come over and hand us the key as well as inform room was ready! Also, the hotel offers daily complimentary afternoon tea. In the 2 days we stayed, we always get a call from the hotel in the afternoon to invite us to go for the afternoon tea. Which other hotel would bother to do so?! We were really impressed!
Furthermore, we brought a bottle of wine along for our trip but our wine opener broke. At delivering room service orders to us, we seek help from the staff to open the wine bottle for us. He took an extra initiative to ask if we needed wine glasses - I wasn't expecting this extra initiative hence was very delighted by this little gesture!
The hotel doesn't offer complimentary transportation upon check-out. However, on check-out day, when the PR manager got to know that we are going to another hotel around Cihampelas area, she offered to drive us there FOC! How sweet!
The only area of improvement was that entertainment area (Karaoke, Pool table and table tennis table) could be improved to make it more cosier and if possible, have a better environment for Karaoke rather than just a row of chairs in front of a projector screen and next to the pool and table tennis tables.
Also, the fact that level 1 is at the highest floor while level 8 is the lowest floor was confusing. We always need to think hard before pressing the lift button.
Overall, it was an enjoyable stay in Padma hotel and I am very sure I will be back again!
Thank you for the great hospitality!

Room Tip: I thought the premium rooms from level 4 (We stayed in room 428) onwards are better. Though it doesn...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jorie_H

Dear Jorie_H,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I’m glad that the Padma Hotel Bandung has lived up your expectations. Our guests’ satisfaction is our top priority, and we always strive to fulfill their requests whenever possible.

I appreciate your suggestion regarding the entertainment room area. I have shared this issue with department head concerned for service improvement.

I certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Padma Bandung in the future

Sincere regards,

Reviewed August 9, 2014

One word to describe my stay. Excellent. From the front desk, room service to the service at the restaurant, it is nothing short of excellent. The service is from the heart and consistent. Not the robotic kind. The overall experience is akin to a stay in a presidential suite. Recommended! Their front office staff by the name of Deisy is excellent.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Khairul I,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I am pleased to learn that you have had an enjoyable stay and that we contributed, to making your experience at Padma Hotel Bandung a pleasant and memorable one. I am also delighted that you that you were satisfied with the services rendered from our associate Daisy.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back to Padma Hotel Bandung in the near future.

Reviewed August 8, 2014

For second time I stay @ Padma with my family, there is no change for extraordinary services, warm greetings from entire staff, and great breakfast too!!!

First thought, my kids will get bored soon to stay, but there is many thing to do for Kids...they love swimming, out bond activities, cooking class, ride back horse, etc. My Kids very enjoy and won't to leave Padma.

Only minor improvement for room cleanliness... the sofa in room Hillside Studio need to be replace or extra vacumed... my kid get itchy when sit on the sofa.

Room Tip: Higher floors have no noises from up stair room.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Martin_adjat,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I am pleased to learn that you have had an enjoyable time during the second stay at Padma Hotel Bandung and that we have contributed to making your stay a pleasant and memorable experience.

However I’m very concerned of your feedback about the sofa cleanliness in your room. Please accept my apology for the shortcoming. I have personally reviewed this problem with the department head concerned.

It's my goal to keep on improving our products and services to reach optimal customer satisfaction.

I am very much looking forward to welcome you again sometime in the near future.

Reviewed August 5, 2014

The Padma Hotel is just out of Bandung.......this hotel overlooks some tropical jungle and you can hear the insects and see some of the bats flying in and out of the trees....noooooo darlings, they do not fly anywhere near you table....yesss....the dining area looks out over the jungle....there is live music on weekend and holiday nights and that nice Chef Mahesa cooks up THE most lekker dishes!!! Ronny is the food and beverage manager and both Mahesa and Ronnie have international experience.....the GM of the Padma is Mr Nandang who often stops by for a chat. Great place for stopping over and better still for a honeymoon. Used to be known as the Malya early this century........surely one of Bandung's top Hotels and really first with Trip Advisor Members........stay at the Padma and it is such a beautiful place you probably will not want to leave!!! Ohhhh and there is a heated pool at the Padma.....

Room Tip: Heated Pool and all the mod cons
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends

Dear BandungBelle,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I am happy to hear that you had a most memorable experience while staying with us and that our team looked after you very well.

I look forward to the pleasure of a return visit and to welcome you back to Padma Hotel Bandung

Warm regards,

Reviewed August 5, 2014

On May we stayed at Padma Hotel Bandung for 2 nights and we really enjoyed our stay at this hotel with staffs that very helpful and beautiful location.
We also surprise with afternoon tea in this hotel that serve us with drink and some traditional snack.
WIth warm water pool and jacuzzi pool, I really like and also my child. We can swim without worry of cold. Many activities for our children also, like flying fox, painting or making cookies (if I'm not wrong).
For breakfast, my comment is two thumbs up. So many variation of food and almost all are delicious.
My family miss to stay in this hotel again even we have already three or four times stay there.
Very recommended hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family

Dear Kevin S

Thank you very much for your generous compliments and for taking the time to share your holiday experience. I am very honored to have received such a positive review and it has been a pleasure to have you as a loyal guest

The Team and I look forward to be able to welcome you back to Padma Hotel Bandung sometime in the near future.