“Wonderful”

Padma Hotel Bandung
Ranked #1 of 231 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed July 24, 2014

I heard many people talking and posting about Padma Hotel but I never came here before. when the opportunity came, i booked for one night at Padma. The booking process was very easy. When i arrived with my families, we were welcome with pleasant and warm greeting from hotel staff and Mr. Ludy the front office manager who is very warm and helpful. The view is wonderful. I love it. I enjoyed the afternoon tea. At night the atmosphere was comfortable, I love having a cup of coffee at the restaurant, i want to do it again later when i stay again in the Padma. The breakfast was excellent, there were many choices from traditional to western breakfast. I love swimming at the pool and jacuzzi, the pool view is beautiful. hotel staff were very friendly. I really enjoy my stay at Padma.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Ronald S
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear Ronald S,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

It’s such a pleasure to know that you’ve had such a lovely time at our hotel, enjoying our Hotel facilities and our hospitality.

I am very much looking forward to welcome you again sometime in the near future.

Kindly regards

Reviewed July 24, 2014

We stayed here twice; 1st was our babymoon, 2nd was just a normal family vacay. The hotel has made certain improvement over these 2 years , such as warm water pool, and they are renovating more rooms on the lower floors. The service stay excellent, polite and friendly.
This is a perfect place for coulples to relax and unwind their mind from the busy urban life. However, i feel there are rooms for improvement to serve and satisfy the family group .

1. Room size is one of them. We stayed in deluxe room. It accomodate 2 adult & 1 toddler comfortably, but not more.

2. Bathroom. The shower room and the shower door was marked with stains. We expect more from a 5* hotel.

3. facilities and activities. How about a tennis court within the hotel compound? a more exciting Kids room? My husband and my 2 years had fun in the pool and the breakfast area. We tried the outdoor but the playground was muddy. we are concern about the safety of the kids as well. It will be nice if the playground is cushioned with padding (rubber gravels foam)
kids room that was called lego room, was really small and not much to play with.

4.Kids/family events and activites. I have to say they are dissapointing. Have more interactive activities for us. For example, Cooking class is carried out on a long 2 meter table, with 1 chef doing the cooking and the kids crowding around the table. it ended up that the chef is only illustrating and becoming a waiter, serving these kids with displayed ingredients. how about providing individual stations to each kids, along with it all the interesting food cutters with different shapes and colours. ( make panda shape sandwich, aeroplane shape tortilla as illustration )

Overall, We do enjoy our stay with all the polite and friendly staff. Will come back on our next visit for the peaceful scenery.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Saswita,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I am delighted to know that you liked the hotel facilities and staff hospitality

I appreciate your very constructive feedback regarding some aspects of the hotel. I've personally reviewed all of these issues you've highlighted with the department heads concerned to ensure the shortcomings will not re-occur in the future.

Thank you once again for your invaluable feedback. I do hope that this less than perfect experience will not prevent you from visiting our Hotel in the future.

On behalf of all staff here, I look forward to welcoming you back and to enjoy another wonderful experience with us

Best regards,

Reviewed July 21, 2014

I went to stay in Padma for a weekend getaway with my family last June. It was very nice, and my daughter really enjoyed it so much! The food in its restaurant was excellent. My aromatic duck was so juicy and good (not really duck actually, it's a goose). Breakfast options were also excellent. Enjoyed beefballs noodle in the morning (imagine that!). There were free high tea buffet at 3pm that time, the ginger soup was hot and good as well as other old Bandung style crackers. The pool was warm because there's a water heater. My daughter really loved it because she could swim longer. And I enjoyed the jacuzzi next to the pool. Morning walk was enjoyable as there was horse riding facility outside the hotel. Kids will love them. And as we walked around the complex, we found out that there were country club like restaurants around there. So next time, we will try them as well as there is no need to go downhill, really bad traffic now in Bandung. Oh, must try flying fox! And must enjoy the fireplace lobby at night while drinking beers or wine. The weak part: our room was kindof old, need to repaint the woods I guess.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Setiawan M,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I sincerely thank you for your review and for sharing it on TripAdvisor. Thank you for highlighting the hotel facilities and food quality that is very much appreciated.

I am very happy to hear that we were able to surpass your expectation and that you had a memorable stay with us.

Please be informed that we are in the progress of upgrading the deluxe room for guest convenience

Sincere regards

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

This is one of the best hotels we have stayed at! The pool, the rooms the service, activities for the children, breakfast - everything was awesome! And the surroundings and the view is stunning. My daughter age 7 had a great time, using the climbing wall, the flying fox and every morning she went for horse back riding just outside the hotel..

Stayed: July 2014

Dear Martedal,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

It’s such a pleasure to know that you’ve had such a lovely time at our hotel, enjoying our food, view and our hospitality.

With best regards,

Reviewed July 20, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is suitable for everyone, be it family, couple, or single travelers. It's also suitable for every occasion. In Padma, you can do a lot of activities. They provide 1 big pool, 1 small pool for kids (all with warm water) and also a jacuzzi with temp regulator.

Down the hill they have a huge playing park for kids, where they can play flying fox, soccer, basketball, and other playground equipments. They also have indoor kid's club, a pool table, karaoke, gym and many more.

I don't even need to start raving about the room. Clean, comfortable, great view. You can easily find hotel staff everywhere to help you. They give you a choice of pillow menu.

Food is also great. They serve wide varieties of breakfast menu (Western, Indonesian, local street food, huge choices of desserts and fresh juices). Every afternoon, the restaurant also spoils the guests with complimentary 'tea time' where you can enjoy traditional cakes and snacks along with various hot drinks.

Easily the best hotel in Bandung by far, with the breathtaking view, good hospitality and friendly, helpful staff. I seldom, if ever, stay at any hotel more than one occasion as I always like to try new places. This hotel, however, is one of the rare exception to that rule.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank tine_rina

Dear Tine_rina,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

It is our greatest pleasure to read that you had enjoyed your stay at Padma Hotel Bandung and that our services and facilities exceeded your expectations. Our guests’ satisfaction is our top priority, and we always strive to fulfill their requests whenever possible.

I look forward to welcoming you back in Padma Hotel Bandung with a longer period of stay in a not to distance future.

Warm regards,

Reviewed July 13, 2014

The weak part: our room was kindof old, need to repaint the woods I guess.

Room Tip: Ask for the newer building wing / newer rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank kokov

Dear Kokov,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I am pleased to learn that you have had an enjoyable time during the second stay at Padma Hotel Bandung and that we have contributed to making your stay a pleasant and memorable experience.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Sincere regards,

Reviewed July 13, 2014 via mobile

Bandung is usually one of favorites city we visit. We usually use different hotel each time. So I can compare which hotel is best for family. Padma is one of the best. Although the hotel building is a liitle bit old. And the room is a little bit small than other 5 star Hotel. But the panoramic view and the fresh air is the one that standout this hotel from the other. Also the friendliest staff I've ever met. (Thanks Ms Deasy for your hospitality) Swimming pool has a warm water, and jacuzzzi pool too. So our children can swim with fun because is not too cold. The breakfast also good with variety of foods. I suggest it will be great if they served Japanese food too. There is also tea time at 4 pm which is amazed me. They served traditional cookies and drinks this time. When I went home I ask my children if they want come back to this hotel again. They reply with anthusiast yes.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2014

Dear Alfred C,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I am pleased to read your review and happy to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am also delighted to hear that you enjoyed the high level of personalized service delivered, the breakfast and afternoon tea at The Restaurant and the stunning views as well as the ambiance of our hotel.

I do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Padma Hotel Bandung on future trips to Bandung.

Sincere regards,