“A Heaven on earth”

Padma Hotel Bandung
Ranked #2 of 226 Hotels in Bandung
“A Heaven on earth”
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I stayed here 3 nights with my friend from Canada. It was more than one year ago, but I haven't wrote a review yet until now. I was impressed by the beauty of the hotel and the friendliness of all the staff. We have a great time during our stay.

The location of this hotel is great. You're surrounded by nature beauty and well-maintained garden. The room spacious. The lobby is cozy. The restaurant serves excellent breakfast and dinner food.

The only thing that gave us a bad impression was the clinic doctor. My friend's was plugged when he swam and before we left the hotel, we went to the doctor clinic inside the hotel. The doctor didn't gave him any treatment. She only wrote a reccomendation later to the nearby hospital and asked us to go to that hospital for a proper treatment. Then she charged us $10 for that piece of paper! It's a totally rip off experience for us. One of the staff had tried to speak to the doctor, hoping that she wil gave us the money back, but she refused.

Our experience in Padma will be more memorable if the hotel just dismiss the clinic service. It is better not to have a clinic in the hotel, instead of have one with the docter that gave a bad impression and experience to guests. I do hope that by this time (a year later) the management have already do something to make sure that guests will not feel rip off when they go to the hotel clinic.

Having said that, Padma Hotel Bandung is an excellence place to stay, comparing to any other hotels around the area. It is not cheap, but worth every penny if you want to taste a piece of heaven on earth.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Juswantori I
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this review, July 6, 2014
Dear Just_alfonso,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I am delighted to know that had a great time during you are staying at our hotel.I am also pleased that you liked the hotel location, the beauty of the hotel and the friendliness of all the staff

In reference to your remark about the service at in house clinic, I would like to express my sincere apology for this shortcoming

I have personally reviewed this problem with the department head concerned. It's my goal to keep on improving our products and services to reach optimal customer satisfaction.

On behalf of Padma Hotel Bandung, I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for another stay in the future

Kindly Regards,

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (320)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I tried many hotels in Bandung such as Hilton,Sheraton etc and so far this hotel has its own charm if you are looking for quiet and serene accommodation,not just another typical city hotel.
I Only stayed here for one night though since my schedule was so tight.
Since we stayed only a night,i did not report it.
My kids was happy with the swimming pool and the horse riding outside the hotel.
Location is about 10 minutes to Rumah Mode Factory Outlet.
Breakfast although lots of variety,the taste is so so.
Overall,Our experience was excellent only marred by a leaking bathroom floor (room 426),the window fixtures could not closed properly thus it would be colder inside the room plus found some hair underneath the mattress topper.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Andrea Aprillan... W
Dear Ndr3,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung !

I am delighted to know that you liked the hotel location and serene accommodation. I am also grateful for your positive review about our swimming pool and the horse riding outside the hotel. However, I’m most concerned about the room condition during your stay. Please accept my apologies for the shortcoming.

I have personally reviewed all aspects you've mentioned with the department heads concerned. It's my goal to keep on improving our products and services for optimal customer satisfaction

Sincere regards,
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Only stayed for one night due to the hotel was fully booked. But the experience was so amazing, my kids was so happy with a playground, swimming pool and the horse. Thank you Deasy who has nice to my family especially my kids. Thank you Padma for making our stay a memorable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Silvy O,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I am happy to learn that you have had an enjoyable stay and that we contributed, to making your experience at Padma Hotel Bandung a pleasant and memorable one.

Kindly regards,
Reviewed July 3, 2014

stayed at padma hotel bandung for three days for my business trip in April. it has a nice view with green environment. the place was so comfortable and it's such a soothing place to sleep in. especially after you had a hectic and tiring day of work. the pricing are affordable! the service given was good too! it was such a wonderful business trip i had. it feels like i was having a holiday every time i entered the room. yknow, it is so peaceful! everything was fine ;)

Room Tip: rooms at the upper levels are much more comfortable and satisfying if peace and nice greenery overvi...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank dideeyana
Dear dedeeyana,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

It’s such a pleasure to know that you’ve had such a lovely time at our hotel, enjoying the amazing view, hotel facilities and our hospitality.

On behalf of all staff here, I look forward to welcoming you back and to enjoy another wonderful experience with us

With best regards,
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I was living in Bandung almost 5 years to study, but I just known recently there's such a great hotel as this, not far from my place.

This hotel surrounded by great forest so it best for those who love natural stuff.
The view and the interior design is just amazing.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Dear Ananggadipa R,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

It is our greatest pleasure to read that you had enjoyed your stay at Padma Hotel Bandung and that our services and facilities exceeded your expectations.

Warm regards,
Reviewed June 28, 2014

Stayed at Padma for our anniversary getaway for 3 nights. Enjoyed our stay tremendously. Great hospitality and service from all staff especially Deasy, who's always smiling and asking us if everything's ok. The breakfast spread is one of the best we've had - loved the freshly squeezed fruit juices, fresh fruits, yoghurt n ice cream! Also loved the small gestures like the animal towel sculptures by Joe from housekeeping. Thank you Padma for making our stay a memorable and relaxing one! Will definitely come back to stay here for our next trip to bandung

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear JunishAZ,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I am glad to know that you’ve had such a lovely time at our hotel, enjoying our Hotel facilities and our hospitality and that you were satisfied with the services rendered from our associate Deasy

I look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back to Padma Hotel Bandung in the near future.

Sincere regards,
Reviewed June 25, 2014

We stayed at the hotel based on the reviews on tripadvisor and was there for 6 nights (18-24 June), which is a very long stay compared to most guests at the hotel.
We stayed in the Hillside Studio which faces the hill and it's wonderful to look out of the room and see all the greenery. We could also see the sunrise from the side view
The room was spacious and we loved the bathtub. The bed was big and comfortable. However, it was rather inconvenient with regards to the shower room and the toilet as it was separated by a clear-ish glass. So, we couldn't really use the toilet and the shower room at the same time (unless you don't mind watching someone sitting in the toilet). The wardrobe was also a little small but this could be due to the fact that most only stay for about 3 nights. This is a small issue.
The breakfast was alright and we do love all the local food. The variety is enough and we have no complaints. The chef and staff were also very kind to prepare special breakfast every morning for my husband who is vegetarian. It might help to have some English explanation on the food though as we often have to either guess or ask the staff. We also would like to suggest that ice-cream be served at tea time (which is complimentary) instead of breakfast. It;s not exactly healthy to have ice-cream for breakfast (especially children). We didn't try the buffet on Friday and Saturday nights but we could tell they were really popular.
My 6 years old girl enjoyed the Flying Fox, tattoo and nail art on Sunday. The pony ride was also a big hit. The pools and Jacuzzi were great and offer spectacular view.
Finally, what mattered most in any hotel are the people and for this, all the staff at the hotel- from the front desk, to the guest relations officers to the restaurant staff and everyone else were friendly and helpful. We couldn't be more impressed. A special thanks to Deasy for her recommendations on places to visit and all the help rendered.
The hotel is not in the city area, but it is very near town. For us, this is a good reason to stay at the hotel- away from the hustle and bustle of the city life. Definitely recommend it.
Mrs Jaycock

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank krmeow
Dear krmeow,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for your compliment on hotel facilities and hospitality. I am glad that Padma Hotel Bandung has lived up your expectations. Our guest’s satisfaction is our top priority, and we always strive to fulfill their requests whenever possible

On behalf of all staff here, I look forward to the next opportunity of welcoming you back to jour hotel in the near future

Kindly Regards