“Satisfaction”

Padma Hotel Bandung
Ranked #1 of 232 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed January 20, 2014

We stayed in this hotel for two days and one word to mention is "satisfaction"!

Very nice staff from front desk, FB staff and housekeeping, very helpfull and give best services.

Bed? very comfortable, love the room with amazing view.

Food? have a great dinner and breakfast experience, they serve good food.

All is just satisfaction, will come back for sure

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Artharini
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded February 2, 2014

Dear Artharini,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for your valuable feedback and for taking the time to write a comment of your experience with us on Trip Advisor

I am glad to know that you had an enjoyable stay with all the facilities and the services provided during your stay in our hotel

On behalf of the Padma team, I look forward to your return stay with us in the near future.

Kindly Regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,924)

Reviewed January 18, 2014

This is our first time staying in Padma hotel, with the intention of winding down from all the hustle and bustle of city life and work. We chose Bandung, having grown up there, plainly because of convenience and familiarity. This trip was purely to relax, rejuvenate and be pampered.

Was this achieved? Let me give you a summary before:

1. Airport Transfer: Good thing it's complimentary. We were whisked away once we stepped out the airport. A small suggestion to Padma, though.. Bandung airport is chaotic. We were downright thristy after the long queue and wait for baggage. Perhaps providing a plastic class of mineral water in the car definitely adds more plus points.

2. Check in process: Efficient. We requested a balcony room, a modification to our online reservation. The staff explained the additional charges well.

3. Staff and service: Amazing. The staff were young, energetic, friendly, warm. Will always be available to answer any queries. They contributed a whole lot in giving the hotel patrons a comfortable stay.

4. Rooms: We stayed in room 302, in the older wing. I would say it's a little outdated, but still acceptable. One suggestion is to get rid of the large round table and chairs which very much gets in our way when we go in and out of the room to the balcony. We'd suggest to replace it with smaller sized furniture which we could bring out to the balcony. The highlight of the rooms are definitely the view of lush green trees. You won't be bored even if it's raining, just stay in, enjoy the view and do some chillaxing. We did however find a cigarette butt left from the previous guest. (I thought it was a non smoking room, no? If it isn't it should be.. we are fortunate that none of our neighbours smoked at the balcony adjacent to ours. That would just ruin our whole experience).. Appreciate if Padma could take this as a consideration when cleaning up and take non-smoking rooms as a thought as well.

5. Facilities.
The infinity pool, from inside the pool, pampers you with a reflection of the trees. Breathtaking. However, I'd only wished that the pool is switched with the decking nearer to the gorge, the sense of 'infinity' will be much more dramatic. However, if you want serenity (and want to do laps, like we did), avoid weekends. The pool will be filled with kids.
The gym. They have fairly good equipment, the treadmill was a new model, and we took good advantage of that. However, the gym is a little stuffed at times and air quality needs to be improved.
ZEN spa on 4th Floor. Love it! I took an hour package of massage and body scrub. For only Rp.330,000. It was well worth it.

6. Restaurant
Did I just save the best for last? If you are looking for traditional Indonesian food, friendly to foreigner stomachs. You're in for a treat. We were spoilt with all the variety of food. Even those we'd never imagined could be served in a hotel. We stayed for 2 nights and the food was different for each. We were there for Friday Night Grill. It was ok.. I ordered fillet mignon, but it was slightly overcooked. I don't have high expectations in western cuisine in Bandung, but Padma Hotel served one of the better ones. The restaurant's view of the hill becomes haunting at night, especially when the fog appears. Fantastic.

Overall, yes. We would love to stay there again. And have recommended the hotel to all our friends and family thinking of travelling to Bandung. We have no clue why we haven't done this any earlier considering the numerous times we've visited Bandung.

Room Tip: If you have a bit more budget, take the new wing room with a full height window. Avoid weekend stay...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank TeenieBear
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear Teeniebear,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I'm delighted to note that in overall you had enjoyed staying with us, which I look forward to share it to all of our team members. However I’m most concerned about your feedback related to cleanliness in the room and the food at the restaurant. Please accept my apologies for the shortcoming.

I have personally reviewed all aspects you've mentioned with the department heads concerned. It's my goal to keep on improving our products and services for optimal customer satisfaction.

Once again, thank you for sharing with us and look forward to another opportunity of serving you again soon

Best regards,

Reviewed January 15, 2014 via mobile

Date of trip: 11th to 14th Jan

Our 2nd trip to Bandung but 1st stay with Padma. Unlike our 1st trip in 2012, this time, we want to hv an R&R getaway to celebrate our anniversary and planned to spend most of our time in the hotel to sleep and be lazy :) When I first saw Padma @Tripadvisor, I fell in ♡ with it straight away and immediately booked our stay.

Upon arrival, the check in was really fast. But even if it takes a long time, there is nothing to be frustrated about because the friendliness of the staff and the efficiency of their service was really AWESOME, AMAZING, FLAWLESS! The hotel Lobby is really welcoming and comfy with a magnificent view. I felt so welcomed the moment I stepped out of my transfer vehicle.

We got the Hillside studio for our stay. V spacious room, the size of the bathrm is really generous. Very comfortable bed and pillows. But aesthetic wise, maybe can try to improve in upkeeping of d sofa fabrics and bedlinens. My bedsheets, tho its clean, there were some old yellow stains on it. And there were some visible stains on d sofa as well. The other minor flaw with my room was the toilet flush. It doesnt flush well and my husband keep hving to adjust d pump himself when he needs to take a big dump :) tap for the bathtub was a little shaky, and d water pressure for the standing shower was abit weak.

Food quality is v good. We had the steak buffet... it was superb. Breakfast, is to die for... the variety is amazing. In room dining was also excellent. 1 minor flaw, old stains and discoloration on d napkins and cutlery looks really aged.

The hotel provides activities for the kids which is a good idea and very much appreciated for patrons like me who hv kids in tow.... my daughter enjoy her sand art coloring session. We didnt get to try much activities/facilities due the constant rain during our stay. But there are trekking, flying fox and other outdoor activities you can enjoy for free! :)

Overall, the service provided by ALL the staff in the hotel overshadows the flaws tat I mentioned. Their A* service simply makes me close, not one eye, but both eyes abt their flaws. U can put a price on quality beddings and luxury toilet in a Hotel but u can never put a price on Customer Service provided. For what i have paid to stay here in Padma, what I get in return is valued much more than that... my experience in Padma is totally priceless.

I wished I could mention all the staff tat I came across during my stay, but my memory failed me. I have to express my special thanks to Sona, Deasy, Ludy and Ridwan for making me feel soooooooo welcome and always go the extra mile in extending their service. Because of them, I will definitely make Padma my yearly getaway now. There will be no other place that i would want to go to for a short getaway from Lion City with the kids.

Come stay with Padma in Bandung... you will nvr regret it.

Sona, Deasy, Ludy and Riduwan... thank you for making my anniversary so memorable :)

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Blackcalla

Dear Blackcalla,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I sincerely thank you for your great review at TripAdvisor. Thank you for highlighting our product quality, staff service and hotel activities, that is very much appreciated. I am very happy to hear that we were able to surpass your expectation and that you had a memorable stay with us.

On behalf of the Padma Team, I look forward to your return stay in the near future.

Kindly regards,

Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Went for a family vacation with immediate family members to Bandung last December.

Getting there from the airport is a pain. But if you're used to the Indonesian road traffic, you're set.

Airport pickup service was lovely and we were immediately welcomed warmly by the reception.

Staff was ready to accommodate an extra bed when I requested one.

Some of the notable highlights:
- The 24/7 butler and concierge service was great to begin with
- Complimentary transport service (depending on availability) was sweet!
- Our premier deluxe rooms were well furnished and equipped with good quality furnishings
- Gym was well equipped
- Sauna and steam rooms were clean and well maintained
- Complimentary daily breakfast was spectacular (a good mix between continental and Indonesian breakfast)
- View was unbeatable
- Complimentary yoga sessions every Friday morning

I'd definitely come back again to Padma should I visit Bandung for a relaxing getaway.

Thank you Padma for making my holiday very memorable!

Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank MarsyitaM

Dear MarshyitaM,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. It’s such a pleasure to know that you’ve had such a lovely time at our hotel, enjoying our Hotel facilities and our hospitality

On behalf of the Padma team, I look forward to having you back with us again in the near future.

Reviewed January 12, 2014

This is my second time stayed in Padma Hotel Bandung, the swcond doesnt mean bored. It mean unforgetable moments in Padma. I looking forward to stay again in Padma, because the services are excellent and also the wonderful view in every side of Padma Bandung. I here to say me, my friends and also my girlfriend are very happy to stay and to take a photo in this hotel, in Padma hotel bandung. And i would like to say thank you to room 716 hillside studio room, date of checked in forget, the second time checked in yesterday at january 10, 2014 at room 208. And also the kind receptinoist called vita, she's a nice person, she's like your bestfriend since you came to her desk. And also novan from housekeeping that keep helping me since first time i checked in, he is very nice person and funny also. All of staff in Padma Hotel Bandung treat me such they bestfriend. Thank you so much.

Regards,
Room 208
Checked in, january 10,2014

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank kheterkalvin

Dear Khetercalvin,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I am pleased to learn that you have had an enjoyable time during the second stay at Padma Hotel Bandung and that we have contributed to making your stay a pleasant and memorable experience.

I am also delighted that you were satisfied with the service rendered by our associate Vita and Novan

I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future

Kindly regards,

Reviewed January 9, 2014

My family recently have a holiday in Bandung and we stayed at Padma. It was an excellent stay and the service quality is amazingly consistent and a great delight.Right from the concierge & reception to the front office manager and restaurant, we can sense their commitment to serve the customer at the highest standard. Besides the service, the food is also lovely, the surrounding is very serene and facilities are very good. My family has a wonderful stay and we would recommend to anyone who love to have good value for their money.

Room Tip: I think early booking will be useful
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Dear YuhYawA,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I’m glad that the Padma Hotel Bandung has lived up your expectations. Our guests’ satisfaction is our top priority, and we always strive to fulfill their requests whenever possible.

On behalf of all the staff here, I look forward to the next opportunity of welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

Very good view, room and facilities. Got afternoon tea and breakfast on the top restaurant with good view and atmosphere could make release stress when we are busy hours. Room with balcony was great. Better you drive car in here since difficult to find taxi, should be waited around 30 minutes. But overall was great.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2014

Dear Nuiy_13,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I am pleased to learn that you have had an enjoyable stay and that we contributed, to making your experience at Padma Hotel Bandung a pleasant and memorable one.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back to Padma Hotel Bandung in the near future.

With best regards,