“Internet Trouble”

Ranked #3 of 226 Hotels in Bandung
Jakarta, Indonesia
“Internet Trouble”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

Whilst everything else is as peach as my last visit here, I'd like to highlight that during this one night stay, internet went down for approximately 6 hours (17.00-23.00) until I was asleep. The morning after, it was running again, but glitchy, even until I checked out.

The reason why it's important to have reliable internet connection in the upper Ciumbuleuit area is because the cellphone signal is inconsistent for Telkomsel, hard to have reliable connection to email & chat over messenger. This may annoy people who have some business to do while they're staying here.

Some other note is that Padma might want to change their router password into non-default password, because it is easier to breach. Also, upgrading the hardwares for the network would help as the E1200 routers were actually intended for SOHO use, the less-than smooth connection could also be caused by the hardware that is forced beyond their capability. I'm pretty sure they outsource their internet service, so it's time to do some serious talk with their vendor.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank applecart3355
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this review, November 11, 2013
Dear Applecart3355,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I appreciate your constructive feedback about the internet connection.
I am pleased to inform you that we are currently in the process of additional bandwidth of 10 mb and install the router in all rooms

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for another stay in the future

Kindly Regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (316)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

The location of the hotel is beautiful. It is on a hill and is surrounded by lush tropical trees and due to the higher altitude the weather is very pleasant. Airport pick up worked perfectly and the staff was friendly and welcoming and check-in is was done quickly. A welcome drink is served and we were shown to our room on level 6. The room was a premier King room with a balcony. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was quite large.
We had dinner at the hotel restaurant which was of good quality. Breakfast was also delicious and had a good choice.
Now the items which would need improving to make it a truly five star hotel would be the finishing which is just not up to 5 star standards. Also they are very stingy with the towels. You get two small face towels and two large towels but no hand towels. Also there are two lifts which however are independent which means you have to press two buttons to get the lift or just wait a long time until one of the lifts arrives. The service whilst friendly is not as sophisticated for a five star hotel. I had some e-mail communication before my arrival and the response was a bit slow and also not as professional as I would have expected. Also I called to reserve a massage treatment at the spa beforehand and they did not have a reservation. Luckily they had a slot though. The spa seems to be more of an afterthought though as the decor was way below par for a 5 star hotel. The floor was concrete which does not allow for a nice ambiance and there was no door for the treatment rooms but only a curtain. The massage however was good and I had a good impression of the therapist.
I guess for Bandung the hotel is very luxurious but if you expect the same 5 star standards as in Jakarta or Bali you will be dissapointed. I would however return to the hotel again as the scenery is beautiful and it is still a hotel which provides quite good value for money.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank jetsetlife888
Dear Jetsetlife888,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted to know that you liked the hotel surrounding and the service at the front desk .I am also pleased that you liked the room and the food quality

I appreciate your constructive feedback. I have personally reviewed all aspects you've mentioned with the department heads concerned. It's my goal to keep on improving our products and services for optimal customer satisfaction.

Bandung, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I was staying with my boyfriend for 2 nights, They offered me a airport pickup but i wasnt sure about the time so i arranged my sister to do so, first came to the hotel, we were greeted by the staff with welcome drink and beautiful scenery of the building then we went straight to swim. Feel like honeymoon. The staffs were very very friendly. The foods were awesome. Breakfast was tremendous. And we had complimentary dinner for 2 person, could you be more happy? we will return back one day.

Room Tip: stay at least 2 night then you will get best room with best view
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Melissawbs,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

It is our greatest pleasure to read that you had enjoyed your stay at Padma Hotel Bandung and that our services and facilities exceeded your expectations.

Jakarta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

this hotel definetly has beautiful view. if u need a place for relaxing, this is it. located in peaceful area, away from busy noisy traffic in bandung. the view is so amazing..when you enter this hotel it feels like you were in the middle of jungle, surrounding by hills and forrest. i think i could just sit and enjoy the view.
The staff are very friendly and helpful. the food quite good, not very special. the wifi not working so well in some areas. but overall this place is perfect for holiday, not for business trip. def would love to come here for holiday

Room Tip: i think 7th level is perfect place. pick room with balcony to enjoy the view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear Bluerose811,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I’m delighted to learn that you had enjoyed your stay at our Hotel. However I’m most concerned about your feedback regarding the WIFI connection. Please accept my apologies for the shortcoming.

Thank you for your constructive review and I look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Best regards,
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

I stayed here for the first time. The staff were friendly and make every effort to recognize the guests personally, It has excellent room, cleanliness, and the beds were comfortable. An Amazing and delicious Breakfast with a biggest variety of foods, and place where you can have a nice view of hills around the area. The only minus is a little bit slow wifi.

I truly recommend this hotel and I will stay here again next time.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Tri M,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted to know that you had enjoyed delicious breakfast at our Restaurant. I am also grateful for your positive review about excellent room, cleanliness and the comfy bed

I have shared your comments regarding the slow WIFI connection with the Department head concerned to be reviewed and find the best way to improve its systems.

Best regards,
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

When people visit Bandung, they usually want to stay near the factory outlets and food areas. This would be true if they dont mind the small, busy, noisy traffic within the tiny roads of Bandung. However if you dont mind travelling around 5 minutes by taxi or car to a tranquil place with wonderful views close to areas you want to visit in Bandung this is the hotel you want to be in. The hotel is located on top of a hill, with stunning views. The only noise we heard was the animals (birds mostly) on the forest nearby and the kids in the pool. The pool is overlooking the forest. I booked the hotel online (do this instead of calling them if you want good prices, the staff would recommend the same) and they even throw in a free pick up service. The staff were friendly and make every effort to recognise their guests personally (this is my key to rating how good a hotel is). The beds were comfortable, all the amenities were available - except the UK/ Singaporean electricity socket which was not available in the room (they lent us an adaptor). Wifi is free but a bit slow. Breakfast was amazing - instead of doing the typical hotel breakfast of sausages, eggs, and pastries; this hotel put effort to serve different varieties available in Bandung. The breakfast area was huge, so we did explore each corner to taste different options available. We also did the Spa - which came with the online package. The spa was small but it was good service overall; nothing to complain about - not though as good as the spas in Bali. I truly recommend this hotel in Bandung, I would not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: Book a room facing the valley (a bit extra price) and book online.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear Artistry105,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung..!

I am pleased to learn that you have had an enjoyable stay and that we contributed, to making your experience at Padma Hotel Bandung a pleasant and memorable one.

I look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back to Padma Hotel Bandung in the near future.

With best regards,
Jakarta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

If you are planning to getaway from crowd for 2-3 days staying in the hotel only, this will be a perfect choice. You will be presented with nice scenary of mountain and hill, unusual design of hotel, nice climate, outdoor activities facilities for adult and kids, cozy swimming pool, polite and helpful staffs, nice restaurant with life music.

If you are planning a honeymoon and or family getaway, this hotel needs to be considered. It quite tough to get here, but it's all worth it.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Chornea,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for highlighting our service quality and hotel facilities that is very much appreciated. I am very happy to hear that we were able to surpass your expectation and that you had a memorable stay with us.

I look forward to your return stay with us in the near future.