“Nice and family oriented hotel with a superb view.”

Padma Hotel Bandung
Ranked #2 of 230 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are clean and adequate. Breakfast spread is sumptous. Hotel staff is attentive and always zealously helpful. Location is not too far from town yet secluded. Nice and peaceful surroundings for restful stay. Free activities such as flying fox (only sundays) are a plus. Pools can get too crowded on weekends.

• Stayed: May 2013
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear Dawn T,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung..!

I am pleased to learn that you have had an enjoyable stay and that we contributed, to making your experience at Padma Hotel Bandung a pleasant and memorable one.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back to Padma Bandung in the future

With best regards,

Reviewed June 14, 2013

We stayed at the Padma for two nights and were looked after superbly by the friendly and efficient staff. It felt like we were staying in the middle of the rain forest, surrounded as we were by sweeping hillside and fast- flowing water below. The restaurant sits atop the hotel jutting out into the forest like a challenge to the surroundings.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 14, 2013

On 21-22th January 2013 I've had a corporate meeting on Padma Hotel Bandung. First thing that pop in my head when i see this hotel is Amazing, I love the view, i love the pool and i love the atmosphere it's so calm and humid. Although the location is not in the center and it's quite far to go to mini market or a restaurant but that's no problem, they had a nice restaurant. The room is so cozy and they've got me with bathtub. It fits for a couple on Honeymoon or a family weekend getaway. Or even for a business trip.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Puspa P,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I am happy to hear that you had a most memorable experience while attending a meeting at our hotel and that our team looked after you very well.

We all at Padma Hotel Bandung look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy another wonderful experience with us

Reviewed June 9, 2013

i booked for a Gallery Suite, but i'd got upgraded to the Premier Suite. Thank you.

The staff - they are very efficient, very helpful, very nice & polite, and friendly. I have requested for an Wifi connection, since the the wifi signal in that room was very weak. The staff helped me to solve the problem, and finally gave me the wifi router in my room. the problem solved. Thank you.

The service - the package included with 2 free press service. The service was prompt and good.

The location - location was quite far from the Bandung city. but it didn't matter after all. Since we stayed in the hotel until check-out. I believe there is a shuttle service to some places.

The value - quite expensive. but we enjoyed every dollar we spent during our stay.

The spa - i wanted to go to Martha Thilaar, which was very near to the hotel. But ended up we did our spa in the hotel. Very nice.

The breakfast, lunch & dinner - Very nice. Delicious. Indonesia cuisine....

The room and cleanliness - The room was very spacious, the bed was very comfortable. the bathroom was very nice and spacious. very nice view, facing the hills.

Staying in this hotel has changed my perspective.. i would rather choose the hotel with green scenery than the seaview scenery.

Room Tip: If you have problem with Wifi connection, you could ask for router if available.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank fMY13

Dear Sri Kembangan,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for your compliment on hotel facilities, the food and services. I am glad that Padma Hotel Bandung has lived up your expectations. Our guest’s satisfaction is our top priority, and we always strive to fulfill their requests whenever possible

On behalf of all staff here, I look forward to the next opportunity of welcoming you back to jour hotel in the near future

Kindly Regards

Reviewed June 8, 2013

If you enjoy beautiful garden view, fresh air, exercise options, e.g. Swimming pool, jacuzzi, gym, morning exercise on the den, and last but not least, excellent food and superb service, Padma Hotel in Bandung, Indonesia is the perfect choice for a getaway or shopping weekend trip with friends and family.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Jennifer G,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for your taking the time to write a comment of your experience with us on Trip Advisor

I am glad to know that you had an enjoyable stay with all the facilities and the services provided during your stay in our hotel

On behalf of all staff here, I look forward to welcoming you back and to enjoy another wonderful experience with us

Reviewed June 7, 2013

Just for those who wants to stay away from the hustle & bustle of town and enjoy the lush greenery. Not too grand and luxurious yet provides great comfort and service. The staffs are all very friendly (too many to mention who!) and always ready to assist. Thank you, Padma Bandung for the pleasant stay for my family of 2 young children aged 3 & 2. I am sure they had a memorable holiday there. Hope to be back!

• Stayed: June 2013

Dear Canisque,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for reviewing our hotel on Trip Advisor. It’s such a pleasure to know that you’ve had such a lovely time at our hotel, enjoying our Hotel facilities and our hospitality

On behalf of the Padma team, I look forward to having you back with us again in the near future.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

We have been staying in this hotel since it’s name was Malya.
The main reason we chose this hotel is for the surrounding and far away from the noise and hustle of down town, even though situated not far from Dago (where there’s a lot of factory outlet) and Jl. Setiabudi (known for café and restaurant area in north Bandung).

The room was comfortable, nice and clean, with most rooms featuring romantic views of the surrounding beautiful wooded valley.

Staff are very helpful and friendly.
The hotel has a very nice pool overlooking the valley, and also has a gym and a spa.

We love the restaurant (located on the top floor), as it afforded great views of the hill.
The breakfast was excellent with variety of choices, especially on a weekend, but still very delicious during the weekday.
All the waiters showed a great hospitality, works fast to serve and always make sure the hotel guest got the coffee/tea ordered to the table.

However there is a room for improvement:
Sometimes a wedding ceremony is held in the pool area, since the noise proofing in the rooms are not the best, the shouts of joy and loud music could be clearly heard.
Also if you want to swim in the evening, it would be very uncomfortable, as you would be watched by the workers who prepare the ceremony.
It is also not easy to find a parking lot, as the whole area is filled by wedding guests cars.

There was a time, I accompany my sister & her husband, but I’m not staying in Padma, one of the staff brought a welcome drink then asked, ‘which one is the guests who’s staying?’, then he just gave 2 glasses of welcome drink for my sister & her husband, but not for me.
I don’t expect a welcome drink either, but I think an additional small glass of welcome drink is a smart way to show hospitality.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay, mostly because of the service and the great hospitality shown by the Hotel team. We always would be more than happy to return.

Room Tip: - Rooms below the lobby will provide more beautiful scenery (valley & pool). - Avoid the room n...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank NiaHans

Dear NiaHans,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung..!

I am pleased to learn that you have had an enjoyable stay and that we have contributed to making your experience at Padma Hotel Bandung a pleasant and memorable one.

I would like to inform you that effective from 2013 wedding parties are not allowed to be held at the pool area any more, thus improving the guests' convenience. I’ve noticed that your stay was in December 2012.

I appreciate your constructive feedback about the welcome drink for accompanying guests and I have personally shared this with department head concerned for continuous improvement

I look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back at Padma Hotel Bandung in the near future.

Kindly Regards