“Romantic views”

Padma Hotel Bandung
Ranked #2 of 230 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed June 5, 2013

We have been staying in this hotel since it’s name was Malya.
The main reason we chose this hotel is for the surrounding and far away from the noise and hustle of down town, even though situated not far from Dago (where there’s a lot of factory outlet) and Jl. Setiabudi (known for café and restaurant area in north Bandung).

The room was comfortable, nice and clean, with most rooms featuring romantic views of the surrounding beautiful wooded valley.

Staff are very helpful and friendly.
The hotel has a very nice pool overlooking the valley, and also has a gym and a spa.

We love the restaurant (located on the top floor), as it afforded great views of the hill.
The breakfast was excellent with variety of choices, especially on a weekend, but still very delicious during the weekday.
All the waiters showed a great hospitality, works fast to serve and always make sure the hotel guest got the coffee/tea ordered to the table.

However there is a room for improvement:
Sometimes a wedding ceremony is held in the pool area, since the noise proofing in the rooms are not the best, the shouts of joy and loud music could be clearly heard.
Also if you want to swim in the evening, it would be very uncomfortable, as you would be watched by the workers who prepare the ceremony.
It is also not easy to find a parking lot, as the whole area is filled by wedding guests cars.

There was a time, I accompany my sister & her husband, but I’m not staying in Padma, one of the staff brought a welcome drink then asked, ‘which one is the guests who’s staying?’, then he just gave 2 glasses of welcome drink for my sister & her husband, but not for me.
I don’t expect a welcome drink either, but I think an additional small glass of welcome drink is a smart way to show hospitality.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay, mostly because of the service and the great hospitality shown by the Hotel team. We always would be more than happy to return.

Room Tip: - Rooms below the lobby will provide more beautiful scenery (valley & pool). - Avoid the room n...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank NiaHans
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear NiaHans,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung..!

I am pleased to learn that you have had an enjoyable stay and that we have contributed to making your experience at Padma Hotel Bandung a pleasant and memorable one.

I would like to inform you that effective from 2013 wedding parties are not allowed to be held at the pool area any more, thus improving the guests' convenience. I’ve noticed that your stay was in December 2012.

I appreciate your constructive feedback about the welcome drink for accompanying guests and I have personally shared this with department head concerned for continuous improvement

I look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back at Padma Hotel Bandung in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Padma Hotel Bandung

Reviewed June 4, 2013

Me and my wife booked a premier room to celebrate our wed anniversary. The place (ciumbuleuit) has a fond memory of us because that's where we met for first time
Anyway, checked in and was told that premier room was full so they upgrade us to premier suite (which is the top room in this hotel). What a pleasant surprise for us! We consider it anniversary gift :)

Our room was huge, big wide window facing the cliff, king comfy bed, rotating LCD TV, DVD, big sofa (comfy enough to sleep on it), bath tub, shower, a balcony which connected to bathroom. Really2 nice room. We slept like a kitten over there. I appreciate the room even more during morning / afternoon as the sun ray glaring through the window, just beautiful and make us want to stay longer.

The hotel facility is complete, swimming pool, jacuzzi, gym, sauna, steam, spa. You name it.if you come with kids they provide free outbound activities like flying fox, bridges among others. They got swing board, small field to play soccer, so you never fell short of entertainment.

The food for breakfast is abundant. they got Indonesian and continental breakfast and the hotel also provide afternoon snack with myriads variety of foods too. Yes the food taste good also.

Things that can be improved:
- Longer close time for jacuzzi. Come on you guys, jacuzzi shoudl stop by 8pm at lease! Bandung breeze and beautiful scenery in the hotel. Its a waste that it and swimming pool closed at 6pm
- Would be even better if there's jogging track around the hotel
- More elevator maybe
- Parking spot is hard if there's an event if Hotel

Overall I found this trip really enjoyable and definitely recommend this Hotel. If you're in Bandung to rest, enjoy scenery and relax this is the place. Considering the price it probably not worth if you're in Bandung for full force of shopping (doesn't apply if you're rich of course hahaha).
Good job Padma and see you again. Thanks for the room upgrade

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2013

Dear Jonkopping,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung..!

I am glad to know that you had an enjoyable stay with all the facilities and the services provided during your wedding anniversary celebration.
I really appreciate your feedback on several issues as it helps me to monitor our service. I have brought it up to my team’s attention for our continuous improvement

I look forward to the opportunity to welcoming you back to Padma Hotel Bandung in the near future.

With best regards,

Reviewed June 3, 2013

Our arrival was very late, i think it was about 2 AM. However, we were very pleased when the front desk officer offered an upgrade to the hill studio room. The hotel architecture and design was magnificent. Built on the cliff/slope definitely gave panoramic views to guests. Room was spacious, king size bed and a day bed was available in the room. However, some guests might find the design of the shower and toilet to be uncomfortable as it is separated only by a see through glass. Breakfast selection was aplenty ranging from traditional Indonesian culinary to continental menus. But nothing beats the view, you would be enjoying your meal surrounded by luscious green forest. Superb! The gym was also good, having several cardio machines and weight lifting equipments. Location wise, it is secluded and a bit far from the city center. But, moving around was quite easy as concierge would gladly arrange for taxis. The nearest factory outlet was Rumah Mode.

Would definitely return if we're in Bandung again

Minus side:
We did had an unpleasant encounter with a dead cockroach on the day bed. Didn't made much fuss tho, just swept it aside into the dustbin. But, some guests might be turn off by such incidents. And i think it is time to reupholster or change the day bed, it really did look dirty.

Room Tip: choose rooms on level 5 or 4, the view would be nicer
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 3, 2013

me, my husband and 5th yo daughter stayed here only for 1 night.. we reserved studio hill room but when we checked in they upgraded our room to premier suite.. lucky us!!! i love this room the window was very big so i can see the view. this room was not too big as a suite used to be but i think it was ok.

we arrived there at 1 pm but we have to wait up to 1 hour to get in to our room..

the staffs are very friendly, they tell us about what kind of activities will be held in on Sunday.

the food was greaaaaattt, i love the afternoon tea and also the breakfast..

the view from the pool was greaat too.. the water was not too cold..

really want to get back here someday

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Rabobi123,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

It’s such a pleasure to know that you’ve had such a lovely time at our hotel, enjoying our product our hospitality.

On behalf of all staff here, I look forward to welcoming you back and to enjoy another wonderful experience with us

With best regards,

Reviewed May 31, 2013

The hotel ground is great, the weather in the surrounding area is very breezy and calming for the soul. The hillside suite has a "twilight movie" view. The breakfast at the hotel is one of the poorest breakfast I've ever had in a 5 star hotel. Room are clea, great for family vacation, but i would say this is more of a couple getaway.

Room Tip: Suites have better views and ask for a lower level room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The place is good. It's attach to the Clift. The opposite, many trees lying at the others Clift.
The air is fresh. There is also swimming pool (water is cold). But if you like to stay at warm one, there is also jacuzzi. Hhhmmm niceeee..
Like in UK, there is also afternoon tea. It's also hotel complimentary.
Breakfast menus are variatif. All is western (traditional West Java and international)
Pros: hotel is hiding. The road to go there is narrowing. It's difficult to find it at night. Expensive without promotion price

Room Tip: Choose the suits one. View and room place is good
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank alvasierra

Dear Alvasierra,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for your compliment on hotel facilities, the breakfast and afternoon tea. I am glad that Padma Hotel Bandung has lived up your expectations. Our guest’s satisfaction is our top priority, and we always strive to fulfill their requests whenever possible

On behalf of all staff here, I look forward to the next opportunity of welcoming you back to jour hotel in the near future

Reviewed May 29, 2013

I didn't expect such beautiful hotel with professional staff exist in Bandung.

I have done a lot of meeting in Bandung and this is the only time I enjoy my meeting.

Let's Start from where it lies,
The hotel lies in the outskirt of Bandung. So you should expect all the privilege of a remote hotel. You should expect everything would be serene.

The lobby is very-very spacious for a quite small hotel, around 25-30 room per floor, with total room around 125 unit, to cater guests around 250 people, the lobby itself could cater about 40 people. So it is very very spacious.

The room,
The bathroom for deluxe only shower equipped, but the hillside is equipped with bathtub.
I really love the hillside room with the view to the woods. The room is equipped with King Koil Bed, and not the low end, the high end type. Probably coming from the king koil princess series.

The only drawback is the type of towel they use is not thick and white enough to cater the high end needs. If anything I can recommend is only to change the towel with thicker cotton and use different whitening product.

I think another thing you can add is one extra towel and put the hand towel stock on the left side of the washbasin.

The Pool & the Gym
The pool architecture is the most beautiful of all, they have kids pool, whirlpool/jacuzzi, and regular 20m pool. The jacuzzi is only at 28degrees Celsius when I dip not hot enough.

The gym is equipped with high end cardio equipment.
But lack in weight lifting equipment.

The Food
The restaurant is located on top of the floor, the chef is not Indonesian, so don't expect Great Indonesian Menu. But the food is in my top tier rank. They don't repeat lunch & dinner menu, which is great because I stay 4 day for the meeting.

There's noodle stall, and the menu never stays the same of total 10 times I eat there. there's noodle kluwek, noddle bakso, noodle tektek, noodle celor, etc.

The meeting room
This is probably the most expensive meeting pax I ever pay. Even marriott would give me below the Padma Price. But the lunch and 2x coffee break is worth the price. Rp.400.000/pax.

The outbound track,
I totally forgot about the outbound track. And didn't have time to explore much of the hotel.

I will be back to explore every side of this hotel

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Zhar_Aditya,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I am happy to hear that you had a most memorable experience while attending a meeting at our hotel and that our team looked after you very well. We are also delighted that you particularly enjoyed our food.

I really appreciate your feedback on towel issue as it helps me to monitor our service. I have brought it up to my team’s attention for our continuous improvement

We all at Padma Hotel Bandung look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy another wonderful experience with us