“Good choice for team getaway”

Padma Hotel Bandung
Ranked #1 of 231 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed March 16, 2013

Bandung is a good choice for a getaway from Singapore if you can stay not too far from the aiport given the traffic congestion. Padma is probaby the best choice of hotel, 40 minutes from airport and 30 minutes from "downtown" Bandung.

Rooms good, though wifi weak and overseas TV reception intermittent. Good venue for a business seminar with attentive service, though not quite Singapore efficiency. Excellent food choices and great setting for the hotel, nice pool and pleasant climate. Local night life is limited with the hotel bar shut by 10.30 during weekdays. External activities include great golf and volcano trips (eg Kawah Putih crater, 2 hours away).

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Dear Baidun,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are delighted to know that you liked the hotel and the service.

I appreciate your constructive feedback about the internet connection and TV reception. I have personally reviewed all aspect you’ve mentioned with department heads concerned. It’s my goal to keep on improving our products and services for optimal customer satisfaction

On behalf of Padma Hotel Bandung, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for another stay in the future

With best regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,872)

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We were there from 9th to 11th March and it was happiness all the way. As expected the rooms are clean, in good condition but what really stands out is the magnificent view from almost all parts of the hotel and the staffs' diligence in service performance and their warmth. The afternoon tea was a wonderful gesture by the hotel. There was a tray of tea-bags at the breakfast table. To test how good the service was, my associate and I took the tea-bags and hid them and we secretly observed how quickly it was replaced. On the second afternoon, we didn't return for tea and guess what? There was a tray of tea-treats waiting for us in the room. These are just some of the lovely gesture put together by the hotel, nevertheless small but thoughtful. And it is not just in the food & beverage area! Something you can hardly expect from a hotel that has an almost full occupancy rate. They've won us over and we will most definitely return.

Room Tip: Try to ask for rooms that are above the swimming-pool level to get a view of the lush greenery.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear GeeWhizz0619,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung..!

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment of your experience with us on Trip Advisor

I am glad to know that you’ve had such a lovely time at our hotel, enjoying our Hotel facilities and our hospitality

Reviewed March 14, 2013

We stayed at Padma Hotel for celebrating my friend's birthday. This hotel has an extremely beautiful view, especially from our gallery suite room. Thanks for Ms. Riris for arranging our stay in Padma and giving my friend a delicious cheese cake! Will be back soon!

Dear Vicianna,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I am glad to know that you’ve had such a lovely time on celebrating your friend’s birthday at our hotel, enjoying our Hotel facilities and our hospitality and that you were satisfied with the services rendered from our associate Riris

Kindly Regards,

Reviewed March 13, 2013

Just touch down from the airport and can't wait to write a review about this wonderful place! One of the reason I chose this hotel is because of the excellent reviews and its all true!! From the service rendered to us, the delicious breakfast and tea break provided plus the ambience of the hotel give me and my husband a fantastic and peaceful place to stay..only one concern is the wifi in the room which is not very well connected and I hope the management will look into this..Other than that no complains at all about this beautiful hotel.Kudos to the wonderful staff and the management for keeping the place up to our expected standard!

Dear Sharina34,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am happy to learn that you have had an enjoyable stay and that we contributed, to making your experience at Padma Hotel Bandung a pleasant and memorable one.

I would like to informed you that effective April 2013 we put additional bandwidth to speed up the WIFI internet connection

We do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future

Reviewed March 9, 2013

I have no idea that the hotel location is on the cliff.

My room is on 2nd floor, I took elevator to my room, i push 2nd floor button. The elevator is going down instead of going up.

The restaurant and cafe is in the tip of cliff.

The outbound,jogging track and children playground is in 8th floor at the bottom of the cliff.

The pools are in 5th floor. There are 3 pools, 1 is whirl pool ano the others is ordinary pools.

I really enjoy stayed in this hotel and will be back again!!

Dear Pokeyboy,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

It’s such a pleasure to know that you’ve had such a lovely time at our hotel, enjoying our Hotel facilities and our hospitality.

On behalf of all staff here, I look forward to welcoming you back and to enjoy another wonderful experience with us

Reviewed March 6, 2013

We stayed in this hotel at the beginning of February (5-7th) for 2 nights. We arrived in the late evening with some terrible experiences with one of Bandung shuttle bus, awful long hours travel from Jakarta airport, and had some miscommunication with our driver that picked us up. So when we arrived, we were in quite bad mood. But thanks god that the reception staff did the check in quite fast and they were really friendly.
Our room was in the lowest level of the hotel (8th floor i believe), too bad the location was in front of the elevator, so at that time there were this group of people that always making noise. Anyway, besides that the room was great. The view was so so (got blocked by this partial of land and plants). TV channel were great but too bad internet was not that great, it was really slow. The shower works perfectly. The amenities were complete and good quality. My only concern was the cleanliness of the room. It needs to be improve a little bit, especially in the bathroom.
We had dinner in the restaurant the evening after we arrived. The service was really good. I forgot the name of the waiter that serve us, but he's really professional and friendly. Food was great and the atmosphere in the restaurant was amazing. Perfect for a couple who would have a romantic dinner. Very recommended!
Breakfast was really great. They have everything! Two section of choices, Indonesian and western style of breakfast. Must try!
Spa was so so. My husband tried it once (reflexology) and didn't feel happy about it.
The most amazing things in this hotel (apart from the breathtaking view in the lobby and restaurant) was their staff. The greeter in the restaurant for breakfast was amazingly friendly (I'm so sorry that i forgot her name), the receptionists, bell boys, all front office staff and last but not least our butler Fadly that made our stay remarkable and took a good care of us. He was so sweet and friendly. Thank you!
I will definitely come back to this hotel and recommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor ( 1st, 2nd, 3rd floor will be fantastic i think)
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank intan_linggo
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear Intan_ lingo,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted to know that you liked the rooms, the breathtaking view and the food at our Restaurant.

We are also delighted that you particularly satisfied with the serviced rendered from our associate Fadly.

I really appreciate your feedback on several issues you mentioned above and I have shared with department heads concerned. It’s my goal to keep on improving our products and services for optimal customer satisfaction

On behalf of all the staff here, I look forward to the next opportunity of welcoming you back at our Hotel in the near future.

Kindly Regards,

Reviewed March 5, 2013

We visited your hotels for the couple of times until finally we decided to have an Office Party in your hotel on 2nd March 2013.
Mr Baroka Herlambang assisted us a lot before and during our party and we wish you to keep this up. Thanks to Mr. Iman, the one who helped us to set up the teleconference call with our office in Bali. Thanks to Mr. Sandri form engineering, the banquet team, Mr Hendro and Mr. Apep for the delicious dishes. We had a great time during outdoor games and it was totally FUN. Great job HR Department!!

However, i would like to mention some areas to be improved:
1. More manpower to handle our request faster for example, close the area with plastic curtain
2. More stock for food so that you don’t have to take it from your kitchen to Champaca Terrace which is in level 8
3. I wish some people could serve the drinks for the guess, without make them to take their own drinks

Still, I would like to say that you have a very helpful and supportive staffs. Many thanks for the unforgettable time spent in your hotel. We look forward to cooperate with you in the near future.

Best regards

Arjuna and Clesiana
Mitrais Office Party 2013 Committee

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Dear Arjuna and Clesiana,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

We are delighted to know that you liked the fun games activities, delicious food and the friendliness of our staff.

I have shared your kind comments to our staffs who were equally delighted to hear them

I really appreciate your feedback on several issues you mentioned above as it helps me to monitor our service. I have brought it up to my team’s attention for immediate follow up and for our continuous improvement

Kindly regards,