“Nature in Comfort”

Padma Hotel Bandung
Ranked #1 of 231 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Stayed in for a couple of night at the end of Jan 2013 for a friend's wedding. The view in the morning is breathtaking. The room is comfortable and cozy. Receptionist staff are friendly, not only reading their protocol, they put their own character to their service and reliability. One of the restaurant's staff is fake and rather up her nose, perhaps she was unhappy working the night shift. Other than that, everything else is superb! Truly relaxing stay at Padma, with nature in Comfort!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2013

Dear Fransisca W,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I am glad to know that you had an enjoyable stay with all the facilities and the services provided during your stay in our hotel

I appreciate your constructive feedback about one of the restaurant‘s staff. I have personally reviewed with the department head concerned. It's my goal to keep on improving our products and services for optimal customer satisfaction.

On behalf of all staff here, I look forward to welcoming you back and to enjoy another wonderful experience with us

With best regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,924)

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Initially I was not impressed as we drove into the carpark. But as we entered the lobby my outlook changed. While waiting for our room keys, we were offered with hot drinks of our choice. Service was superb and the hotel is surrounded by nature. We were upgraded and the room faces the hills. It's very serene and relaxing. The buffet dinner at the only restaurant was a little pricey maybe it came with live music and resident singer.
The breakfast was included in the price of the room. The spread was quite impressive. There were Indonesian and Western food. There are 2 pools but not big enough for the guests especially during the weekends.

Room Tip: Remember to draw the curtains even if the room faces the hills because guests can look down and the...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank KFong
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear KFong,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

It’s such a pleasure to know that you’ve had such a lovely time at our hotel, enjoying our Hotel facilities and our hospitality.

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

I was in Padma Bandung in December 2012 and went back again in February 2013. Again I was fascinated with the excellent service extended during my stay. Mr Wawan, the F&B Manager, was as usual, very hospitable and made my stay a very pleasant one. When I requested for avocado juice, he went to the extend of going to the local market to purchase the avocados and personally prepare the drink. I have travelled quite a bit around the world and have not met such a dedicated F&B Manager. Staff, Miss Ersa was also very helpful and ensured that we have our breakfast on the veranda so that we can enjoy the cool breeze and scenery. Mr Akbar, was our butler and was also very friendly and helpful. He ensured everything was in control.

I will be visiting Padma Bandung again soon

and would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for a good hotel with excellent staff.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Catherinechu

Dear Catherinechu,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

I am pleased to learn that you have had an enjoyable time during the second stay at Padma Hotel Bandung and that we have contributed to making your stay a pleasant and memorable experience.

We are also delighted that you were satisfied with the service rendered by our associate Wawan, Ersa and Akbar

We do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Our first impression entering the hotel was this hotel looks small from outside but when we came in the lobby, the view is amazing. The green scenery surroundings the hotel immediately made us felt relax. What we thought about Padma :

The front desk :
- When we checked in the staff in front desk gave us room upgrade (I'm sorry we forgot her name). We booked for two days in premier room but we got hillside room. Thank you anyway... next time we definitely book hillside room again.

The butler service :
- Incredibly helpful... We are the kind of guests who always asking about everything and so far Padma's butler service is definitely the best compared to other hotels in Jakarta and West Java area. One of the butler (again we forgot his name) gave us recommendation a place for dinner and we were really happy with his recommendation. Akbar, one of the butler who was on duty when we were checked out is really nice person. He helped my husband for his Friday prayer while I was waiting for my husband he provide me with refreshment and chatting with me. I think it was really sweet of him that he took the time to make sure I was not bored waiting. Two thumbs up for Padma's Butler....

- The rooms
We stayed at the hillside room. The view from this room is amazing... we looked directly at picture perfect green. The green forest hill is located across our room. The room has free wifi and Lan. But the international entertainment channel on tv is limited. These did not matter because we loved hanging out on the pool deck. The room itself is very spacious and we love the bathroom... where the toilet and and shower room are in separate rooms but too bad the shower head in our room was not working properly. This room has a big and wide glass. Well, this make us felt we were surround by nature but at the same time we had no privacy because people on the left side building able to see us directly... I could wave to people on the fifth floor and they wave back...

- The afternoon tea
Many option for sweet snack... very little option for savory snack :(

- The gym
The gym is quite complete and the toilet inside the gym is a big plus but the mirror in the gym is obstructed with fitness equipment so it was a little hard to see yourself doing workout.

- The breakfast
We love the breakfast here... It's complete... it even has ice cream for breakfast!! more fresh juice would be nice

Another thing why we love Padma is the area where its located. It's very secluded but not that far from Bandung downtown. We loved our morning jog on the streets near the hotel, it was really quite, not many vehicle passing by and the air was really fresh.
Some hotels in Bandung provide car wash service, maybe Padma can add this service next time we come.

Last but not least, On the day we checked out (Friday) we realized we left one of our cellphone charger in the room. We called and miss Dea picked up the phone and promise us to look for it and call us back. The next day (Saturday), she called and asked whether I wanted the cellphone charger to be mailed. On Monday, we got the cellphone charger in the mail... Thank you Dea... very much...

We definitely will come back... Soon... :D

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Iffa_Maula
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Dear Iffa _Maula,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for your compliments on our Room, hotel facilities and Butler Service. I’m glad that the Padma Bandung has lived up your expectations. Our guests’ satisfaction is our top priority, and we always strive to fulfill their requests whenever possible.

I appreciate your constructive feedback and I have personally reviewed all aspect you’ve mentioned with the department Heads concerned. It’s my goal to keep on improving our products and services for optimal customer satisfaction

I have shared your kind comments to our staff, Akbar and Dea who were equally delighted to hear them

On behalf of the Padma team, I look forward to your return stay with us in the near future.

Kindly Regards,

Reviewed February 19, 2013

Padma Hotel Bandung....

The best way to write a review for this hotel is to do it in their beatiful Premier room like now...
It's my 4th night here and just finished a great meeting with a gorgeous view, super yummy food, and surrounded by smiley and helpful hotel's staff..

Please let me tell you the detail ...

VIEW
If you want to run from hectic routine, noisy city and have some refreshing air then Padma Hotel Bandung can be added to your list.
Great air, gorgeous view, relaxing place... you'll get it all...

FOOD
Their food is so yummy and served in big portion.. really really value for money..
Plus you can enjoy it with a beatiful scenery...
It's heaven on earth..

MEETING ARRANGEMENT
We just had meeting in their biggest meeting room (Jacaranda) for two days, including gorgeous dinner in Champaca room.
Feel very happy and grateful that the meeting was running sooooo well, and absolutely it won't happen without Hotel's help..
Yoggi (sales manager), Tesza, Ludy, Yogi, Sandris, and Hendro is our helpful PIC... plus all staff who helps us with a quick response... four thumbssss up for them..
And my special thanks to Hendro from banquet who offer me a coffee when I feel tired and stuck in a busy situation and can't have a break.. simple thing but really really meaningful for me.. grateful..

Oh just can't stop myself to write good review for this hotel...
Surely will come back again and spend it with family and friends..

Big thanks to Padma Hotel Bandung and the staff who make our meeting run well..
Love you guys !!!

Warm regards,
Cory

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Cory T,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I’m glad that the Padma Hotel Bandung has lived up your expectations. Our guests’ satisfaction is our top priority, and we always strive to fulfill their requests whenever possible.

I have shared your kind comments to our staffs who were equally delighted to hear them.

On behalf of all the staff here, I look forward to the next opportunity of welcoming you back at our Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

We were in Bandung from 11 Feb 2013 to 17 Feb 2013. We decided to stay at Padma Hotel after browsing the Tripadvisor's forum as it has many good reviews. When we arrived on the 11 Feb, late in the afternoon, we were greeted with warm, pleasant staff and our Butler-in-attendance, Basuki. He speaks good English and is knowledgeable and gave us info we needed on transport, shopping and places on interest. When we checked in to our hillside studio, it is as described - picture perfect green (forest facing) when you draw the curtains. The room has free wifi as well as Lan and it is certainly useful for us during our 6 nites stay. The room is pretty roomy, and i especially like the bathroom layout where the toilet and and shower room are in separate rooms. I also like the big shower head as showering becomes a pleasant experience where you need not grapple with the water outlet.

Our butler has instructed the housekeeper to clean our room daily after 9am for our daily comfort and we thought that's very sweet of him. He even arranged for 2 slices of small cake and did a pretty and romantic table arrangement on the day of my birthday when we had dinner at the Restaurant. The restaurant was serving buffet which included Angus beef from Australia and it was really good. Andrea, the captain (i believed) from the Restaurant, personally attended to us and even made a cup of capucino with birthday greeting for me. So thoughtful of him.

We had a wonderful and relaxing time at the Resort, most of the afternoons, enjoying the free afternoon tea. We also took time out in the morning for 2 golf games at the lovely Mountain View golf club, Kawa Putih (White Crater), Tangkuban Perahu (another volcano), Strawberry plantation, tea plantation and some shopping (though, we are least impressed with the last item). When you are in the city, you are met with dust and messy traffic, but when you are out to the mountain areas, the scenery can really surprise you.

What we like most about this resort is that we are surrounded by greenery, mountains from afar, relaxing and cozy environment, warm and pleasant staff and nice food, though we would have prefered to have a much better international fare for our daily buffet breakfast for choice.
But it is still very good and we thoroughly enjoyed the fruit juices they churned out, one of them was "Sexy Garden", which is a mixed of Cai Xin (vegetable), Pineapple and orange juice. It's very refreshing.

We certainly enjoyed ourselves in Bandung and Padma and our special thanks to the following staff who had made our days there, pampering us :

Basuki (Butler)- tks for everything and the peyum bandung, Andrea (Captain at the Restaurant) - tks for the service and the "birthday" capucino, Iman and Wara (fm the Restaurant) - tks for your attentive service and friendship, Chelvia and Ersa, (fm the Restaurant) - tks for your warm reception and friendship. and many others (sorry, i can't remember your names).

We are also thankful to the transport company, Golden Bird, for their driver (Tomi), for the counter staff like Hary and Hendra for the efficient transport arrangement.

God bless you all :)

Room Tip: We like the hillside studio because of the greenery we see when we draw our curtains.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear EstellaGardens,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

With best regards,

Reviewed February 16, 2013

This was one of the most amazing hotels I have ever been to in my life. It is beautiful! The building itself as well as the grounds and the view from the resteraunt is spectacular. The service was fantastic, the staff was quick to offer help with anything we required. Very clean, beautifly set out rooms with great beds. I would return to java just to stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Alex G,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are delighted to know that you liked the hotel and the service.

With Warm Regards,