“Remarkable Hotel”

Padma Hotel Bandung
Ranked #1 of 232 Hotels in Bandung
Reviewed February 13, 2013

It has been almost 1 year since my last visit to this remarkable hotel and this impressive memory of this hotel is still in my head.

We visited this hotel in the event of family gathering of my wife’s company. As this was a family gathering of a company, you can imagine how crowded and hectic the lobby was. But the staffs of the hotel managed everything so well that we can still feel the cozy and comfortable of the hotel. The welcome drink was available at the lobby so we can enjoy the fresh air and beautiful valley view from wide-open window of the lobby while we are waiting for check-in registration.

From the front and lobby of the hotel I was wondering where the rooms are located. This hotel is very unique. Due to the landscape, the level of every floor is downward. The room where I stay is located in level 3 downward and have view of swimming pool and greeny valley. The room is tidy and clean, as well as the bathroom. It’s so quite that we and our 3 mo old baby had good sleep.

The best part of this hotel, in my opinion, is the breakfast. The food is fantastic and so various. The restaurant has very open space and a balcony with amazing valley view. You can have your good and tasty breakfast while enjoying the warm morning sun light and cool fresh air with beautiful and greeny valley view at the same time. What can be more enjoyable than that?

The hotel have 2 pools. One pool with cool water for adult and one pool with warm water for children. The children pool is more like a Jacuzzi. I think they can improve the way they manage in the pool area. The cleanness of the adult pool can be improved and I think they need to put a towel station and place to change cloth around the pool so the guest don’t have to bring their towel from their room and they can change their wet cloth after swim.

Everything is so impressive. The location is such a perfect place for a gateway. The staffs are friendly, so helpful and professional. This hotel is definitely on my top of the list for my vacation in Bandung.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Antonius L
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Dear Antonius L,

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.

I am happy to learn that you have had an enjoyable stay and that we contributed, to making your experience at Padma Hotel Bandung a pleasant and memorable one.

We do hope that you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again in the near future

Kindly Regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,905)

Reviewed February 10, 2013

After staying in so many hotels in Bandung, this is the most beautiful and serene view of Bandung hotels. The room we stayed faced the valley and pool which give a nice view in the morning. Our room is very big with huge bathroom. The king bed is very comfortable and we have good sleep during our one night stay there. The staff is very friendly and kind to us. However, breakfast isn't up to the 5star standard and we experience small glitch, the hot water isn't running when we want to take the shower but it was solved immediately after we reported to the front desk. Overall, we like our stay in Padma.

Room Tip: Room facing the pool is preferable.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear Ucartech

Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung !

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us

I’m delighted to learn that you had enjoyed your stay at our Hotel.

In reference to your remark about the hot water isn't running, I’d like to express our apology for this shortcoming. This matter has been shared to related department head that will ensure similar incident will not re-occur in the future.

I appreciate your constructive feedback regarding the breakfast and I have shared your feedback to our Food and Beverage Department for improvement.
Thank you for your constructive review and we all look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed February 9, 2013

After quite long months working and felt exhausted, me and my wife decided to runaway for a moment to a cold and calm place.

We chose Padma without knowing how outstanding this hotel at first. But as soon as we arrrived picked up by their friendly staff, we saw bunch of smiles in the lobby, as I heard Bandung has all "the-face" in the country it was proven that day. All the staff were smiling and all of them is indeed has a great appearance.

That was just about the outside, while the inside made me adore this hotel even more was the service, all the staff are professional and very helpful. Room was as clean as 5stars standard, and the view while you're having breakfast is all natural fresh-aired! You can turn your head left and right as you like and all you see is green green trees!

Will definitely chose this hotel once I have time to go to Bandung!
Keep up the good work, you guys are amazing!

Cheers,

Prawista Family

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Agung P,

Warm Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

It’s such a pleasure to know that you’ve had such a lovely time at our hotel, enjoying our Hotel facilities and our hospitality.

On behalf of all staff here, I look forward to welcoming you back and to enjoy another wonderful experience with us

Reviewed February 3, 2013

i would to say sorry for my compalined last week.....but when we leaved this hotel Happy, memorable and missed my son at this hotel.....my son is ludy he is guest service manager at padma hotel bandung, when we arrived we cannot meet him, for sure if my husband meet him, he cannot angry, but forgetted....we trully touch by ludy..he can solved problem with his comunication skill but not only that he caring grandma and granpa with love....he give me nasi bamboo bakar and gingger tea......know i;m cough he advise not use sugar but honey..lovely..i cannot meet this love from hotel staff everywhere...nasi bamboo bakar is delicious....perfecto.thanks padma provided right person for special case......i still recomended padma for my fried at seattle...hope meet you again ludy next years...oh ya thanx for upgrading my room to premier suite......maybe padma must be provided ludy always when hectic situation....its only advice

Room Tip: premier suite room with poolview at 2nd floor
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank SURIAHBIN
Nandang_Suryana, General Manager at Padma Hotel Bandung, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Suriahbin,
Warm Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!
We are also delighted that you particularly satisfied with the services rendered from our associate Ludy.

Reviewed January 26, 2013

The most recent experience is so very different from my first stay here 2 years ago. This is no longer an exclusive 5 star hotel. I think they have changed their concept to one that caters for families with children. It is more like a typical 4 star resort that you could find in most parts of indonesia. Noisy, chaotic and sub standard service throughout.

Room Tip: Location is good.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Amohamad,

Warm Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!

Thank you for taking your precious time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor.

With regret I’ve noted the inconvenience you encountered related with the noisy and chaotic ambiences around the hotel. During holiday seasons and mostly on weekend, our Hotel becomes a destination for the family and children. Hence we provide playground and games for them. However, if you wish to have a quieter room, you may consult with our staff who will be pleased to provide a room which is far from the noise. If I may also personally suggest you to avoid holiday seasons and weekend to make your stay more comfortable and enjoyable.

Please feel free to contact us should your travel plan brings you back to Bandung. We all look forward to welcoming you back Home here in the hill-side.

Kindly Regards,

Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stayed at the Gallery Suite for 2 nights at Padma Hotel Bandung with views overlooking the Valley. Very fantastic and magnificent view I would say! The suite is spacious for 3 adults occupancy. It is located a the 1st floor of the hotel (which for the case of Padma Hotel is the top floor). In-room amenities are comprehensive and readily available. There is a huge glass window overlooking the lush greenery outside which is very captivating.

Service has a very personalized touch to it as hotel guests are being addressed by name and we were given early check-in upon request. The swimming pool is reasonably large and they have a jacuzzi and a kid's pool.

The location is at the city center, but its location makes this hotel become a hidden oasis for its guests to escape from the crowd.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank j_herliani

Dear J.Herliani,

Warm Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. We are delighted to know that you liked the hotel and the service.
On behalf of Padma Hotel Bandung, we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel for another stay in the future

Reviewed January 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Padma for 5 days, from Monday to Friday. As others have pointed out, it is a nice, secluded hotel surrounded by lots of greenery. We had a great view of the hills from our room and were also wowed by the view from the restaurant. Having breakfast at the restaurant every morning was a very pleasant experience.

The hotel is well isolated from the bustle of Bandung street life and this was exactly what we wanted. The flip side of this was that we always needed a driver or a taxi to send us to the shops, factory outlets or restaurants. No big deal - Rumah Mode was just a few minutes away by taxi, while the hotel staff were happy to ferry us to and from a couple of nearby warungs at no charge.

What really distinguished the Padma was the excellent service provided by our butler, Basuki, and all the other pleasant people we met. Everyone was always smiling and eager to please, whether it was at the reception, concierge, restaurant, gym or spa. They made us feel like VIPs.

Highly recommended for those who don't wish to stay right in the hustle and bustle of town.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank WHS-83

Dear WongHs,

Warm Greetings from Padma Hotel Bandung!
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us.
I’m glad that the Padma Bandung has lived up your expectations. Our guests’ satisfaction is our top priority, and we always strive to fulfill their requests whenever possible.

I have shared your kind comments to our staffs who were equally delighted to hear them.